Tallinder traded to Buffalo.

SterioDesign

It had to be Tallinder, no GM in his right mind would take on Volchenkov at 4.25M for the next 3 years when he is slowing down when the game is speeding up. And of course Salvador is the captain, and trading Fayne would barely be a cap dump and stupid because he is one of the few guys on the right side of 30 with Larsson.

That's right. No one takes Sal (35+ Contract and way overpaid, Volch has a NTC).

As much as i like all the moves Lou has done this offseason, Tallinder is worth at least a 5th Round Draftpick. Like SD mentioned maybe Buffalo wanted us to take a contract back.

But please don't use the cap space to resign Zid. If we do it, no one of our d-prospects will see playing time.

I want Larsson at first (or Harrold)  to take Zids role. He has the passing skills and the vision....and he needs to play more.

Would PDB scratch our captain Salvador (by far our worst defender in the on the nhl roster) to give Merrill, Gelinas or Urbom playing time.....i doubt that. PDB likes experience.

Also i see not to many  playing time this year (except injuries) for our two forward prospects Matteau and Boucher.

If Lou's reasoning is to give one of the kids a shot, why bring back Zidlicky?  That puts 7 NHL defensemen back on the roster.  You're not going to bring up one of the kids to sit in the press box next to Harrold as the 8th defenseman.

If Lou's reasoning is to give one of the kids a shot, why bring back Zidlicky?  That puts 7 NHL defensemen back on the roster.  You're not going to bring up one of the kids to sit in the press box next to Harrold as the 8th defenseman.

Bring back Zids and buyout Volch, then we're really cooking with peanut oil

good for Tallinder, he now gets off the defensive Carousel. yes we lose a puck mover at D, which is in demand on this team, but the difference isnt all that great. would much rather dump tally than fayne which I was worried about.  harrolds resign gives us an option to be patient with zids (imo he's a poor mans zid)

wow i cant believe buffalo took tallinder back. so how much money do we have now?

It's either 7.8 or 3.5, I don't know how to work Capgeek :l.

OT: I wish to see Urbom take on the roll for Tallinder. Devils need to re-sign Henrique and have a plan for Zidlicky. I loved Zidlicky as an offensive D man and wouldn't mind seeing him back for years to come, but Henrique is the main focus now.

Does anyone know if Brunner is taken?

Edited by Rogan The Goat

Overstatement of the year.  Tri, you must've had one too many bloody marys at brunch.  Tallinder is serviceable at best, and can't exactly stay healthy.

Understatement of the year. Tallinder is much better than serviceable. I'd take Tallinder over most of our D right now. He just had to be the one to go, wasn't the best situation, but this is better than the rotation we had before.

It's either 7.8 or 3.5, I don't know how to work Capgeek :l.

OT: I wish to see Urbom take on the roll for Tallinder. Devils need to re-sign Henrique and have a plan for Zidlicky. I loved Zidlicky as an offensive D man and wouldn't mind seeing him back for years to come, but Henrique is the main focus now.

Does anyone know if Brunner is taken?

not atm. But Dallas is interested in him

we can't buyout Volch now. Teams had til july 4th to buy out guys. We're stuck with Volch until next summer unless we can trade him but i really doubt it

After seeing what has happened, I don't even think it would have been wise to buy out Volchenkov if we were still going to trade Tallinder. We're down to 6 NHL defenseman, so we can still fit a young guy in Harrold's place most of the season; as much as Zid brings a style of play no one in our defensive corps can play, I'd rather give the time to Urbom/Merrill/Gelinas to see if one of them can make an impression. I wouldn't have wanted half our defense to be Larsson and two rookies though. That would scare me.