Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SterioDesign

Devils signs Rod Pelley

59 posts in this topic

I rarely criticize Lou, but this is one of those signings that just has me saying, "For the love of God WHY?" 

...Rod Pelley? I'm not sure if Pelley is better than Sestito.

He was before last year.  Now I'm not so sure.

This is pretty funny. Don't worry, I don't think we'll be seeing him much in the NHL, if at all.

Edited by nessus

Oh. Hell. Yes.

Obviously an AHL move. Rod is a great guy and a hard worker that can help that room. There are a lot of young guys down there that need to stay on track.

Rod finished with 10 point in 60+ games, while Viktor Fasth had 1 point in 3 games. Ouch.

Edited by hystyk28

The Northeast is now safer thanks to Rod Pelley being back in the area helping push stranded cars off of highways in blizzards since 2010.

Too bad Rod is the "player from the past" this year... 

I was hoping for Gomez.

Mostly to see the forum freak out ; ) 

(and i can't help myself.. but i still have some ... sympathy for him)

Any confirmation of this being a 2-way?  It's not on capgeek

There's no way it's a one-way.  Dude scored 3 goals in the AHL.  It's more likely to be an AHL contract than a one-way.

There's no way it's a one-way.  Dude scored 3 goals in the AHL.  It's more likely to be an AHL contract than a one-way.

That's what I mean, I should have been clearer.    I think it's an AHL one-way.    That's why it's not on Capgeek

This isnt a bad move, it just isn't a very good one.Its not like were paying him a lot.So Lou wants to pull a nice loyalty move. So be it, come midseason we will have forgotten this

We need Dennis Pederson

Future Captain!!!  (I said that in the 90's and honestly believed it for some reason.)

Is this a joke? If not where is the confirmation? Is Gomez next? I read Rolston is looking for a deal.

Edited by LucifersDog

Is this a joke? If not where is the confirmation? Is Gomez next? I read Rolston is looking for a deal.

and Arnott is making a come back attempt too !!

relax ..Pelley isnt gonna be with the big club unless there are a TON of injuries during the season.

I see no confirmation either.

Hoeffel isn't up on Capgeek yet either, so the Devils just may not have filed the paperwork yet, even with agreed upon contracts.  It would be nice for TG or Chere to confirm Pelley though.  Darcy Zajac and Sestito are capgeek official.

Well Steve Sullivan turned out great.. let's see what other Devils retreads Lou can dig up. We know he can't help himself in this regard. He has to sign a former Devil every year and waste a perfectly good roster spot.