RUMOR Jagr interested in Devils

Zubie#8

Jagr isn't Jagr anymore.  He just went all a whole playoff season where his team made all the way to game 6 of the finals and he didn't score a single goal.  What the hell do we want him for ?  Dallas completely hosed Boston for that first rounder.  If he came here for league min or close I guess I wouldn't mind.  I don't know how seriously he would take his position here if he was playing on the cheap.  It just seems like a big headache in the making.

I can't believe there is so much opposition. Even through his late season scoring droughts, Jagr was still dishing the puck with the best of them. On a team that has two or three solid passers, hands like Jagrs could work wonders for this PP

I can't believe there is so much opposition. Even through his late season scoring droughts, Jagr was still dishing the puck with the best of them. On a team that has two or three solid passers, hands like Jagrs could work wonders for this PP

Yes

He is an amazing playmaker.  Period.

Yes he is old and almost done.....but having his experience and talent could be another one of those great pieces on a deep team.

In other words Jägr is not drawing much interest from anyone in the NHL.

After watching Jägr in the playoffs I can see why Boston didn't want him back. His agent is getting desperate to start these rumors to draw interest in him.

Yeah this. He said he wanted to play for mtl, then when they didnt want him, same thing with the flyers... Didnt bite.. So only nowwww hed want to play with elias? Thats pathetic lol

Jags is going wherever the money is at.. But he's just so damn old and slow.. If I'm Lou, I don't sign him until mid-season at best if no one else bites.. Who knows, maybe we will have an injury and need a player with very good hands.. Maybe Jags can still play half a season like Shanny did with us before he retired

Seriously.

I didn't have the stats, but I was about to say that he looked great this post season. People saw that he had 0 goals and wrote him off as useless. They must not have been watching very closely. He may have been slow, but his strength helped him compensate for that. He definitely helped their offense a lot.

Yeah buddy.  Definitely agree.  But I think opposition comes in when the current lineup is considered.  Personally, if NJ could sign him to reasonable money (1 year max) and it were to bump a Gionta out of the lineup, all the better.  Would be cool as hell to see him out there in a Devils sweater.  Plus his awesome playoff chops are invaluable.  But I don't think NJ can offer him a top 6 spot or top 6 money.  But we'll see.  You never know!

• Like 1

Did having Sykora hurt the team at all 2 years ago? At worst (for the right price), Jagr does the same thing. At best, we manage his minutes/games right, and he's an asset on the PP during the playoffs.

Did having Sykora hurt the team at all 2 years ago? At worst (for the right price), Jagr does the same thing. At best, we manage his minutes/games right, and he's an asset on the PP during the playoffs.

What was Sykora's cap hit---650,000?  I think something like this has to be considered in real terms.  If Jagr would sign for that, I don't think anyone would bemoan this rumor.  But at a likely asking price of 4mill, then you have to consider its effect on Henrique negotiations, ability to do anything else mid-season, etc.  I don't think most on the board would oppose a 2mill signing for that matter.  But as it's been said, I agree Jagr will go wherever the most money is offered.

What was Sykora's cap hit---650,000?  I think something like this has to be considered in real terms.  If Jagr would sign for that, I don't think anyone would bemoan this rumor.  But at a likely asking price of 4mill, then you have to consider its effect on Henrique negotiations, ability to do anything else mid-season, etc.  I don't think most on the board would oppose a 2mill signing for that matter.  But as it's been said, I agree Jagr will go wherever the most money is offered.

As has been said here already, the market for Jagr isn't great. If he wants to play with Elias for 1 more cup, having realized that a huge payday isn't in the offing, I'd take him in a second.