RUMOR Jagr interested in Devils

Zubie#8

Why is everyone guaranteeing Teddy some kind of healthy scratch spot on the NHL roster? He sucks, there's no reason a guy that's put in AHL time, namely Anderson can't beat him out. You know what you're getting from him, and I bet he'll be hungry after getting a taste of NHL action last year

i completely agree with you here.

Just becaus it's a new year doesn't mean the scouting has forgot about last year. Like the MAJORITY of posters has mentioned Teddy.. I'm guessing its just because they have seen others put him as a scratch

tedenby is currently making the varsity as constituted because he's got a one way deal. he would really have to play himself off it with a terrible camp - again, AS CONSTITUTED right now. I would be shocked if Lou doesn't add one more forward and likely a RW.

The Devils are carrying 14 F this year so right now, you've got:

elias, zajac, ryder, henrique, loktionov, clowe, zubrus, josefson, olesz, bernier, carter, barch and tedenby on 1-ways and gionta on a 2-way. that's why people can put tedenby in there.

add another F (jagr, brunner, etc) and tedenby's NJ career is in real trouble.

Why is everyone guaranteeing Teddy some kind of healthy scratch spot on the NHL roster? He sucks, there's no reason a guy that's put in AHL time, namely Anderson can't beat him out. You know what you're getting from him, and I bet he'll be hungry after getting a taste of NHL action last year

Tedenby has a one way contract. It's probably his last shot. They won't pay him 600k to play in Albany unless he really messes up. Anderson didn't play an NHL game until he was 30 and according to Capgeek is signed in the KHL for 2013-14.

Tedenby still has tools, he gets off to a 21 point in 40 game start, some stupid team will overpay for his raw skills.

It would increase his value in a multi-player deal maybe but not much as a stand alone trade chip.

If Tedenby squeezed out 20 points through 40 games I would be impressed and I hope he can prove us all wrong.

Same guy who had Elias signing in NJ has Jagr signing in NJ also:

https://twitter.com/jedli/status/358612116325928960

Yeah I saw that too. Friedman retweeted it so this guy is probably legit. 1 year 4 million is my guess and if he can put up 50 pts, it's good value. His work ethic is second to none and he'd be a great mentor for some of our youngsters. Look at how he helped Giroux

Is there anyway the signing of Jagr would make the team more appealing to Brunner? The way I see it if Brunner Jagr and Henrique all got around 3m a year that still leaves some more then 2m of cap space with time available to move a damn and clear more room. Hoping for about a 5 year deal for Henrique.

Signing Josefson to a one year contract could be a disaster signing. If he centers Jagr not only will they dominate possession but he should put up a lot of points.

If he benefits that much, I'll live with having to pay him more. Whatever happens, he isn't going to get THAT much more. Salary cap is not going to be something to worry too much about for a while, especially if it bumps up to $70 million.

Jagr could also be good for a mid to late first round pick at the deadline if he puts up points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD