Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zubie#8

RUMOR Jagr interested in Devils

337 posts in this topic

Signing Josefson to a one year contract could be a disaster signing. If he centers Jagr not only will they dominate possession but he should put up a lot of points.

If he benefits that much, I'll live with having to pay him more. Whatever happens, he isn't going to get THAT much more. Salary cap is not going to be something to worry too much about for a while, especially if it bumps up to $70 million.

Jagr could also be good for a mid to late first round pick at the deadline if he puts up points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i just hope if we sign Jagr that it will not be all. we need more than just a guy who's not gonna be there in 1-2 years

Signing Josefson to a one year contract could be a disaster signing. If he centers Jagr not only will they dominate possession but he should put up a lot of points.

Yeah, he'll likely be playing with Loktionov or Josefson, which I thought would be a really good thing for the development of either one of those guys. I didn't even think about how this will affect their contracts next year. Not that paying more is the worst thing in the world, but Jagr would probably be gone the following year, which may lead to an overpayment/big contract.

Is there anyway the signing of Jagr would make the team more appealing to Brunner? The way I see it if Brunner Jagr and Henrique all got around 3m a year that still leaves some more then 2m of cap space with time available to move a damn and clear more room. Hoping for about a 5 year deal for Henrique.

As much as I want Brunner on this team, Jagr signing pretty much says that it's not going to happen. The Devils will already be paying Tedenby $600,000 likely to contribute nothing at the NHL level. Olesz will be playing a lot, IMO. There really isn't any room. The only way Brunner is signed is if they let Henrique go (which they won't) or if a trade at forward is made (and who is worth trading at this point?).

Elias JJ Jagr

There would be no more excuses for JJ after a chance like this...

As much as I want Brunner on this team, Jagr signing pretty much says that it's not going to happen. The Devils will already be paying Tedenby $600,000 likely to contribute nothing at the NHL level. Olesz will be playing a lot, IMO. There really isn't any room. The only way Brunner is signed is if they let Henrique go (which they won't) or if a trade at forward is made (and who is worth trading at this point?).

I don't think Gionta should automatically be given a spot on the 23 man roster, nor should Teddy. Let them earn it in camp. Best case scenario, if Brunner does sign it makes them way deeper then they would be with either of those 2 players in there. I'm also somewhat optimistic about Olesz playing with something to prove and being a very solid player.

I agree. The only option I'd see would be sitting Olesz and bumping josefson to the 4th centering Carter and Bernier but that would most likely stunt his development as well.

Had anyone addressed the need for another right handed shot also? As it stands right now even with Gionta on the big club that only leaves him. Zajac, Ryder and Bernier as far as forwards go.

I like the idea of jagr on the team. He might be a good influence for the younger guys.

I am assuming if he signs here it would be for one year but how likely could it be for two?

I am assuming if he signs here it would be for one year but how likely could it be for two?

These forums would explode if he signed for two years

hahaha... these forums explode for anything

Hello puppy, if Jagr signed for two years would you blame Lou or Jagr as you explode again?

This guy is supposedly legit. Jagr use to run his blog off of the site that this guy works for. Michelle Kenneth, who I trust as she puts her name on the line of anything she tweets, says he's legit.

Some quotes and translations.

Zdenek Janda ‏@zdenek_janda

Doplnění k Jágrovi. Vše směřuje k Devils,ale pozor. Ve hře podle zdrojů iSport.cz jsou stále i Flyers.Philly by se však někoho musela zbavit

Adding to Jagr. Everything leads to the Devils, but be careful. Game by sources iSport.cz are still too Flyers.Philly, however, someone had to get rid of

Zdenek Janda ‏@zdenek_janda

Jágr a Devils. Ano, vše je na dobré cestě. Ale pozor, smlouva ještě NENÍ podepsaná...

Zdenek Janda @ zdenek_janda 41 m
Jagr and Devils. Yes, everything is on track. But beware, the contract is not yet signed ...

Michelle Kenneth ‏@MichelleKenneth

For those questioning Zdenek's credibility...read last few RTs. Please note Jagr posts his blog at same site Zdenek writes for.

Michelle Kenneth ‏@MichelleKenneth

Also...for the record...Czech media is ALWAYS right about JJ. If I challenge it, 1/2 dozen Czech reporters msg me to give me their source.

I am hoping Lou cancelled his Meigray appearance for this or for some big move

I'm feeling the same way. I know Jagr is old and probably will run out of gas by the end of the season. Also, I always hated him and his stupid tucked in tail of his jersey...but I can't say I'd be upset if he signed with the Devils for under 4mill. Lou is going balls to the wall.

IDK if any of you are familiar with Michelle but I believe 100% anything she posts. She's scary in things she predicts and also is a HUGE Jagr fan, so she follows news on him very closely.

Hello puppy, if Jagr signed for two years would you blame Lou or Jagr as you explode again?

I don't get it, but I still laugh!

Jagr for 1 year is a pretty ideal short term bandaid, really hope this works out.. Would still love Brunner though.

I don't get it, but I still laugh!

I picked out a new avatar for you MIB: cartoon_puppies_picturescartoon_puppy_do

If I recall correctly, Olesz was drawing some Jagr comparisons around the time he was drafted. I'm not saying Olesz is going to be a superstar or anything, but Jagr could be pretty helpful to set him on the right track. Not sure if they'd have a chance to be linemates though.

If I recall correctly, Olesz was drawing some Jagr comparisons around the time he was drafted. I'm not saying Olesz is going to be a superstar or anything, but Jagr could be pretty helpful to set him on the right track. Not sure if they'd have a chance to be linemates though.

I think it's the same reason that any Swedish defenseman that's over 6' and drafted in the top 10 picks gets compared to Lidstrom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hopefully this is for no more than 2 million, 1 year. Doubtful though.

I picked out a new avatar for you MIB: cartoon_puppies_picturescartoon_puppy_do

God I hope LD doesn't have a puppy in real life. That poor thing probably doesn't see food when Marty wins a game :(

Hopefully this is for no more than 2 million, 1 year. Doubtful though.

I'm guessing 4m/1. Not saying that's what it should be, just saying what I think it is.

this is a dumb question but if jagr  signs here for one year and has a year where he puts up 60-70 pts (all hypothetical). do you think lou will sign him again for another year?