Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grcenter47

Kovalchuk Gone, What moves do we make now?

155 posts in this topic

Jagr? Grabovski? Brunner?

obviously lock up Henrique to long term?

or do we go as is and accept it as a rebuildiing season

Thoughts?

I know lot of GM are looking at their phone... afraid (or happy) to receive a call from a pissed Lou. 

Vanek ? 

..rebuilding season without a 1st round pick seems pretty strange.. Jagr+Vanek somehow?

1 person likes this

I don't think it was a shock for Lou at this point. 

(Poirot is off Netflix instant queue too.  Not a good day for entertainment)

Watch as Lou pulls a rabbit out of our ass and trades Tedenby for Malkin straight up.

(Yes I know this would never happen)

Take the "no name D" water bottle and write "no name O" and hope for the same magic. 

My steps forward: plug in that 6 mil cap with Jagr and maybe try to overpay for a young RFA (will plead ignorance on who's still available). Try and patch together a playoff run with some 2-1 1-0 Scheinder and vintage marty's and overall great D..if it doesn't work out then get ready to have a sh!t ton of cap space next offseason. 

Edited by Steadevils
1 person likes this

Volchenkov should defect to Russia too, and at the same time Salvador morphs into Nick Lidstrom and bammm...we're in business.

1 person likes this

Watch as Lou pulls a rabbit out of our ass and trades Tedenby for Malkin straight up.

(Yes I know this would never happen)

and then Malkin retire too and sign in the KHL... some of you guys never learn !

1 person likes this

I wanted Lou to get Brunner before Kovygate happened, even more so now.

It's not like we could trade next years first round pick now either so that means giving up a prospect or two. Man, just as I ws feeling really optimistic about next season.

I don't think it was a shock for Lou at this point. 

(Poirot is off Netflix instant queue too.  Not a good day for entertainment)

Lou knew he wasn't staying for a year. What else is new when it come to Lou.

Edited by LucifersDog

Lets sign Corey to a 8 year deal.

Lock Henrique, Larsson & Loktionov up

Sorry i dont know how to reply on my phone. What IMeant to say is I think now we know not to lock up russians long term.

I said in the other thread, but I'd like to grab Brunner and Penner. While I want Adam signed, I am tired of long contracts, 3-4 years are fine as long as you don't wait until the last second to renegotiate.

If it's true Lou had some advance knowledge this was gonna happen, I certainly hope the wheels are in motion right now for some kind of a replacement.

Do we have what it's needed to get Vanek... Even if he is UFA next year ? 

And not too much as we dunno if he would want to stay with us anyway... 

i mean who the hell is honestly even realistic or available out there that could even replace the work load that kovi had? i just dont see it possible to replace him with equal quality as to what he was

You can't replace Kovalchuk's ice time - and you definitely can't replace him shorthanded - but you can sure as hell replace his 5 on 5 play

You can't replace Kovalchuk's ice time - and you definitely can't replace him shorthanded - but you can sure as hell replace his 5 on 5 play

who would be the "good remplacement" for you ? Via FA ? Trade ? More than one player ? 

Exactly.  No one can realistically replace Ilya Kovalchuk, actually, moreso than Zach Parise.  Ilya is a remarkable hockey player.  A true talent.  A brute force.  He will be missed and then some.

Now it's not about replacing Ilya, but changing the dynamic of the team altogether.

I think you may have to package Larsson in a deal to get someone "you can build around."

I don't see us making any moves, that unless we can go back to the well in Vancouver and steal one of the Sedin twins.

Any chance (even if it is a 1,000,000  to 1) of negotiating away from Detroit Pavel Datsyuk?

Exactly. No one can realistically replace Ilya Kovalchuk, actually, moreso than Zach Parise. Ilya is a remarkable hockey player. A true talent. A brute force. He will be missed and then some.

Now it's not about replacing Ilya, but changing the dynamic of the team altogether.

I think you may have to package Larsson in a deal to get someone "you can build around."

I don't see us making any moves, that unless we can go back to the well in Vancouver and steal one of the Sedin twins.

Any chance (even if it is a 1,000,000 to 1) of negotiating away from Detroit Pavel Datsyuk?

your last two are completely unrealistic