[Official] Damien Brunner signed to multi-year deal

caron14

The competiton committe in one form or another has always been around. Otherwise, you're trying to say how bad Bettman has been, and pointing out something that has been done forever in the NHL and every other sport. That he's booed is the fault of the morons in the crowd that are ruining the moment for themselves. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good and bad are hard to define with commissioners. Since they work for the owners, and the owners are making money, Bettman has been good. From a fan's perspective, though, he's terrible. I don't believe that his actions since taking over have been good for the game. It may have been good for the owners, but there may still be long term consequences. Furthermore, as others have said, the league has figured out how to get more money out of the die hard fans it has. IMO it has not done a particularly good job adding fans. As one of those die hards, who continues to go to a couple games a year and occasionally buy merchandise, despite the commissioner's willingness to lock the players out for half a season when he didn't have to, I'm glad Bettman got booed at the draft. As a realist, I know Bettman's not going anywhere, because the owners love him, and I can also understand why.

Well if no deal happen it will prove that he is an Єklund (2.3% accurate)... if a deal happen he could have guess right since a lot of people could do that guess

not always, sometimes in the hockey world a trade or a signing is really close but for some reason something come up and it doesnt go through. Totally possible that someone had details on that deals... say something and that one side kill the deal after. so its not black on white that if someone report a rumour that doesnt happen that he was bullsh!ting.

of course it goes both ways, it could be total bullsh!t but just cause something happen doesnt mean there wasnt real interest and that it never came close to happen.

So what has your source told you? Just want to clarify, are we or are we not going after Raymond? They've passed in Gagne? And they are definitely in on Brunner?

Also earlier in the week you said that they are shopping A-train, and a trade could come this upcoming week. Is that still true?

my sources? i dont have any sources? what are you talking about lol

and when did i say that we were shopping A-Train? That wasnt me 

yeah that was colin i think.  this is the problem with rumors, people forget who spread them.

I was talking more logistically, Lou can't be in two places at once. TG confirmed Henriques party will be in Jersey, while said basically nothing about Brunner or Raymond

nah, this happens all the time.  i don't think lou and henrique's agent are meeting for 8 hours a day to discuss a new contract.

Nick Barlotta @NickBarlottaFN 8 Jul

Nathan Gerbe and Devils are in serious discussions and I am hearing it is "Imminent"

--------------------

Gerbe too!  Amazing! :dizzy:

------------------------------------

Nick Barlotta @NickBarlottaFN 5 Jul

Devils closing in on Michael Ryder deal hearing 2.25 per for 3 years

-----------------------------------

Nick Barlotta @NickBarlottaFN 6 Jul

Big Time #NHL news coming soon.. #Devils #Jets #Trade #Henrique

Wow big day tomorrow for the Devils. We're signing Brunner, Raymond, Gerbe, Phaneuf, Vanek, Jagr, Chris Stewart, Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Pierre Luc-Leblond!

Looks like Nick Barlotta got a promo copy of NHL14 and is making deals.

Edited by CarpathianForest
  • Like 2

Nick Barlotta ‏@NickBarlottaFN 8 Jul

Nathan Gerbe and Devils are in serious discussions and I am hearing it is "Imminent"

--------------------

Gerbe too!  Amazing! :dizzy:

------------------------------------

Nick Barlotta ‏@NickBarlottaFN 5 Jul

Devils closing in on Michael Ryder deal hearing 2.25 per for 3 years

-----------------------------------

Nick Barlotta ‏@NickBarlottaFN 6 Jul

Big Time #NHL news coming soon.. #Devils #Jets #Trade #Henrique

What the hell why is everything "imminent" this sh!t is really starting to piss me off now. TG has said nothing regarding any of this

The phaneuf rumour is really weird. i dont believe it a second but just trying to figure how i'd react if it would happen and im not sure lol id be happy to get Elisha Cuthbert for sure, but Dion... i dunno haha We have plenty of Dmen i really dont know how a rumour like that can take form.

Yeah it was Colin226. You guys both have Jersey Avatars so I got confused haha.

This was the quote he posted in the Zid thread that i was refering too:

."There are rumors that Lou is shopping Volch and could move him next week. Can't share where I read that but the source has been reliable and if it got out, we might lose the source (if you do wind up finding it, please don't run to TG or post it elsewhere). Can't see how we move Volch but hell, I'd be down.. Might even crack a beer to celebrate"

Yeah it was Colin226. You guys both have Jersey Avatars so I got confused haha.

This was the quote he posted in the Zid thread that i was refering too:

."There are rumors that Lou is shopping Volch and could move him next week. Can't share where I read that but the source has been reliable and if it got out, we might lose the source (if you do wind up finding it, please don't run to TG or post it elsewhere). Can't see how we move Volch but hell, I'd be down.. Might even crack a beer to celebrate"

yeah like you figured i didnt say that but even if Volch start the season in NJ, doesnt mean Colin was bullsh!ting either, Lou could have done everything in his power to try to move him but no one would bite. Not because it's not happening that there was nothing.

yeah like you figured i didnt say that but even if Volch start the season in NJ, doesnt mean Colin was bullsh!ting either, Lou could have done everything in his power to try to move him but no one would bite. Not because it's not happening that there was nothing

Wasnt saying it was BS. Thats why I wanted to know what the source had told you so far. Later, after you said you have no source I backtracked and realized it was Colin. 

What the hell why is everything "imminent" this sh!t is really starting to piss me off now. TG has said nothing regarding any of this

Because every sports blogger thinks he has the inside scoop and wants to be the first to report it.

for wtv what its worth

Swiss NHL @SwissNHL also retweed by @HockeyBroad

It is rumored that Damien ‪#‎Brunner‬ will sign with the New Jersey ‪#‎Devils‬. Numbers: 2 years/3mio per; official announcement expected tomorrow

so let's pretend it would be legit, are we happy with 2 years at 3m? im fine with that, its clearly overpaid for his NHL resume but IMO it could pay off. he was a consistent scorer in the swiss league (near 0.5 per game) and came here and adjusted well to the NHL producing right away. IMO he'll become better with time. And he's a UFA so anyone would have had to pay a little extra. So we'll see if its true and what he does if it is.

Edited by SterioDesign

for wtv what its worth

Swiss NHL @SwissNHL also retweed by @HockeyBroadIt is rumored that Damien ‪#‎Brunner‬ will sign with the New Jersey ‪#‎Devils‬. Numbers: 2 years/3mio per; official announcement expected tomorrow

If that's true, that's a very fair deal.