[Official] Damien Brunner signed to multi-year deal

caron14

If he has given up on his "demands" for contract terms and top 6, I would be glad to see him. Our 3rd line could definitely use a boost. Also hearing Tedenby is looking better may cause it not to happen also. I'm probably in the minority but I'm hoping Tedenby gets it going and can stick on the 3rd this season.

If he has given up on his "demands" for contract terms and top 6, I would be glad to see him. Our 3rd line could definitely use a boost. Also hearing Tedenby is looking better may cause it not to happen also. I'm probably in the minority but I'm hoping Tedenby gets it going and can stick on the 3rd this season.

We have been hearing about Tedenby looking good in camp the past 2 seasons now and look at what happened.  IDK about anything else but I think the kid is a lost cause at least at the NHL level.

He's definitely been progressing each year defensively. So hopefully he puts it all together this year. He's got more offensive skill than JJ, and I'll take the offensive skill over yet another two way player who can't really give much offensively. Reguardless i'd still like to sign brunner but I doubt we will.

He's definitely been progressing each year defensively. So hopefully he puts it all together this year. He's got more offensive skill than JJ, and I'll take the offensive skill over yet another two way player who can't really give much offensively. Reguardless i'd still like to sign brunner but I doubt we will.

Josefson's PPG are better than Tedenby's in the SHL, significantly better in the AHL (.66 to .52), and comparable in the NHL, and he's a year younger.  There's little evidence to suggest Tedenby has more offensive skill, besides the flash he shows once every few games - even if he has more offensive skill, he's so poor defensively that he can't get the kind of ice time Josefson does.

Still don't see where Brunner fits on this team - if they dealt someone or rightly decided that Stephen Gionta doesn't belong in the NHL, maybe it could work, but I'm not seeing it.

Josefson's PPG are better than Tedenby's in the SHL, significantly better in the AHL (.66 to .52), and comparable in the NHL, and he's a year younger. There's little evidence to suggest Tedenby has more offensive skill, besides the flash he shows once every few games - even if he has more offensive skill, he's so poor defensively that he can't get the kind of ice time Josefson does.

Still don't see where Brunner fits on this team - if they dealt someone or rightly decided that Stephen Gionta doesn't belong in the NHL, maybe it could work, but I'm not seeing it.

Idk what shl is. And we're going to go round and round here arguing about this, so instead of starting a bitchfest about teddy and jj for the 10th time I will just agree to strongly and completely disagree.

And as far as brunner goes, there's a spot for him, its the spot jj lost last year when he got sent to the ahl. Also loktionov, olesz, gionta, all of them can be candidates to lose a spot on the roster if brunner was signed. But this is a moot point because I doubt we will sign him.

The SHL is the Swedish Hockey League, formerly known as the Swedish Elite League, it's the top men's league in Sweden.

Josefson is a center - hopefully the coaching staff has learned this - and he's staying on the roster this year unless Devils' management has gone completely insane, or finds a good deal for him.

The SHL is the Swedish Hockey League, formerly known as the Swedish Elite League, it's the top men's league in Sweden.

Josefson is a center - hopefully the coaching staff has learned this - and he's staying on the roster this year unless Devils' management has gone completely insane, or finds a good deal for him.

Why would they be have to be insane to not have jj in the lineup? He didnt do anything last year to earn playing time, which is why he got sent to the minors. But theres a ridiculous frame of mind on this board that if youre sent to the minors in your early 20s that youre a bust. Theres no shame in jj and teddy developing in the minors. But as far as the coaching staff being insane if jj doesnt make the lineup, thats not true. Jj and teddy have a ton of talent and I look foward to watching them continue to develop, hopefully as devils.

And you should have said the swedish elite league, because thats what its called when they played there. At least im pretty sure it was. I thought you were talking about some meaningless advanced stat

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt

Why would they be have to be insane to not have jj in the lineup? He didnt do anything last year to earn playing time, which is why he got sent to the minors. But theres a ridiculous frame of mind on this board that if youre sent to the minors in your early 20s that youre a bust. Theres no shame in jj and teddy developing in the minors. But as far as the coaching staff being insane if jj doesnt make the lineup, thats not true. Jj and teddy have a ton of talent and I look foward to watching them continue to develop, hopefully as devils.

And you should have said the swedish elite league, because thats what its called when they played there. At least im pretty sure it was. I thought you were talking about some meaningless advanced stat

Josefson is waiver-eligible.  He will not make it through waivers.  Tedenby is also waiver-eligible, but I think he would make it through waivers.  

Josefson is head and shoulders better and more useful than Tedenby, Tedenby is only valuable to the team if he's scoring goals because of the fact that he's dumb as bricks on the defensive side of the puck, even if Josefson isn't producing he's still valuable to the team because of his hockey IQ and defensive abilities, it's absolutely no contest on who the better player is.

Yeah thats why their stats are so different right?..........................................and why josefson got sent to the ahl for scrubs like steve sullivan and matt diagistini to take up his roster spot....stop it. Josefson is not as solid as the people on this website try and make him out to be. Clocking out on this conversation now, I said I didnt want to get into a tedenby josefson pissing match but that didnt work.

Yeah thats why their stats are so different right?..........................................and why josefson got sent to the ahl for scrubs like steve sullivan and matt diagistini to take up his roster spot....stop it. Josefson is not as solid as the people on this website try and make him out to be. Clocking out on this conversation now, I said I didnt want to get into a tedenby josefson pissing match but that didnt work.

You're looking at stats and not gameplay. And Tedenby got sent to the minors weeks before Josefson last year, so I'm not sure what JJ going to the minors has to do with anything. 

Because Josefson can kill penalties, is a year younger, and has put up better offensive stats in professional hockey to date.  Teams would be lining up to claim a former 1st round pick 4 years from being drafted who puts up .66 points per game in the minors, plays center, and plays an effective two-way game.  Tedenby stinks at defense and his offense isn't good enough to carry that - unless he's improved remarkably he will not be an NHL player.

• Like 1