[Official] Damien Brunner signed to multi-year deal

caron14

Ok. And tonight you'll say the sun won't come out tomorrow because it's not shining at that moment. We lost Kovy, Clowe is basically Clarkson, Ryder can fill a lot of the hole left by Parise and Olesz could be a decent bottom 6 replacement for Poni.

Detroit barely made the playoffs last year, then blew a 3-1 lead in their 2nd rd series, but they're a lock and we're not?

Detroit was the most improved to date FA team in the NHL after 7/5 according to all knowledgeable NHL writers. So what happen to fill in for KOVY? that's the biggest hole. Clowe is a question mark until we see what he can do. Ryder is not a replacement for Parise. Lou said that Ryder and Clowe were the replacements for Clarkson but then Lou must not know much. I like your optimistic outlook but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t.

Detroit was the most improved to date FA team in the NHL after 7/5 according to all knowledgeable NHL writers. So what happen to fill in for KOVY? that's the biggest hole. Clowe is a question mark until we see what he can do. Ryder is not a replacement for Parise. Lou said that Ryder and Clowe were the replacements for Clarkson but then Lou must not know much. I like your optimistic outlook but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t.

I said he can fill a lot of the hole Parise left. You don't replace players, you fill holes. Parise leaving hurt us because he shoots a lot and was a very hard worker. Ryder can fill in for Parise's offense, maybe not 100%, but close enough. He's probably not going to play defense like Parise, but that's ok, we don't NEED another adept defensive forward. Clowe is as much of a ? as Clarkson would have been, so again, a wash. Olesz can't really be worse than Poni last season, right?

So basically the hole now is 1st line RW. Which is very similar to the hole we had last year 1st line LW. I don't think we'll be great, but I think we can make the playoffs, as I thought we could last year and still think we could have last year.

I don't think we'll be great, but I think we can make the playoffs, as I thought we could last year and still think we could have last year.

I hope your correct and I am wrong. I don't think we will ever know, at least I hope not, because I think that Lou knows he must sign Henrique, and get two more forwards and if possible trade A-Train for a pick or package. So today's team as we were talking about won't be the same when the season starts.

The longer this goes, the less I'm feeling confident that he'll actually be signed. If there's truth to the original tweet in this thread, I really wonder what's taking so long.

But I was just thinking today that a line of Clowe-Loktionov-Brunner could be really good.

The longer this goes, the less I'm feeling confident that he'll actually be signed. If there's truth to the original tweet in this thread, I really wonder what's taking so long.

But I was just thinking today that a line of Clowe-Loktionov-Brunner could be really good.

Some people says it done but they dont announce it because they wait to have signed henrique... The money of brunner could influence the possible money of Henrique...  But we will see who says the truth

i think i may have a hypothesis on this (lets say he really signed or agreed to something)

if we'd put anything in all Lou's quote we could get that he's trying to get rid of another dman to make room for one or 2 young guy through trades.

Maybe Lou simply doesnt want to go over the cap and bring back a black cloud over the team's head once again knowing someone is on the move to make room. And maybe he has agreed but he'd waiting to move some parts. Also by being over the cap other teams have that leverage in trades you know. 

not saying thats it but its certainly not impossible.

i really think Lou is trying hard to move Volchenkov honestly. I cant see anyone taking him but we'll see. He's the odd man out for sure or at least logically the one who should go.