Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caron14

[Official] Damien Brunner signed to multi-year deal

653 posts in this topic

She retweeted a fake Bob McKenzie account.

As a tip, it's a good idea to follow retweets to the original source so the original source can get credit, or in this case, we can see it's BS.

Edited by Devils731

haaaa, Someone forgot to tell Deb about fake Twitter accounts... Rookie mistake.

So what does the Jagr signing say about the theory that we're waiting on Henrique's contract to announce the Brunner signing?

I agree that the fact that it has been so quiet has "Devils" written all over it, but adding another forward doesn't make much sense now.

People thought we were waiting on Henrique to announce Jagr, now we're waiting on him to announce Brunner lol

They'll have like $2-5 million in cap space after Henrique's deal (bonuses accounting for $3 million), but they're also running out of roster spots/# of contracts.

im in the middle of working on a project so I don't feel like looking to see which of his articles it was (I think its the one that says whats going with jagr from before he was signed but not sure), but TG said when he talked to Lou that he said he isn't done molding the team through both additions and subtractions. As much as we have all talked about moving Volchenkov or some of these spare forwards we have now as dreaming, it sounds like Lou is seriously pursuing those options in an attempt to get something done to open up some more roster spots and budget/cap dollars.

I think before the season starts Brunner will end up being a Devils and Volchenkov and someone like josefson or one of the other 3rd fourth line guys get moved out with a prospect for picks and/or prospects and we all pour ourselves a nice big glass of Lou-aid :koolaid:

Manta's Log: Day 13

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place".

-GBS

i think all this time is Brunner and his agent facing reality that you cant command 3+ millions with under 50 games played in the NHL... he'll probably come back to earth and sign around 2.5 or 2.75m with someone eventually, hopefully its still us. i think he's a low risk high rewards kinda guy

As far as I'm concerned, there really isn't a spot for him.  Don't need/want him right now.

As far as I'm concerned, there really isn't a spot for him.  Don't need/want him right now.

I agree. I don't see the place for him unless a trade involving a roster forward occurs.

Just remember though, according to Nick Barlotta we currently have him but the Devils are just waiting to announce the deal... :doh1:  :whistling:

Just remember though, according to Nick Barlotta we currently have him but the Devils are just waiting to announce the deal... :doh1:  :whistling:

If you tweeted that at him you'd get angry people telling you that you'll look stupid when the announcement is finally made. :lol:

In fairness the deal could be agreed upon.. I mean, it's not like he signed elsewhere and you'd think some team would have made him an acceptable offer by now

In fairness the deal could be agreed upon.. I mean, it's not like he signed elsewhere and you'd think some team would have made him an acceptable offer by now

I was thinking some other team would be interested in signing him but maybe he's a head case or wants too much??? The fact that there's been NO mention of Brunner by anyone is weird.

maybe he is ours.

I would say in more fairness, :lol:, if Brunner still ends up signing here that guy was still completely guessing.  Brunner was held up because the Devils had to sign Henrique first....but the Devils signed a 4 million player since then, so obviously that wasn't the case.

If the deal is agreed upon then you finalize it, you don't let it dangle out there waiting for it to fall apart or get stolen from you.  From Brunner's side, you sign it right away so that if you break your leg falling down the stairs tomorrow you're covered.

I think this may be a leverage move. Lou having the ability to tell Henrique that he isn't indispensable to the team because we can and will sign Brunner who can add the same things might be enough to force a $1M less onto his new deal and then we can sign Brunner anyway or actually make good on that threat to sign him if Henrique won't agree to terms (is he arbitration eligible? what happens if he doesn't sign?).

All I can say is that picking this guy up would really be the cherry on top of one of Lou's best offseasons in a while (losing Kovi wasn't his fault and may work out better for us in the long term anyways so not holding that against him). We would have more forward depth than we know what to do with, a very nice looking group of defenseman that have young guys ready to go behind them if they don't perform and 2 of the best goalies in the league. I'm definitely drinking the Koolaid this summer :koolaid:  In Lou We Trust! 

No room for brunner.

as the team stands today...yes

Lou could move some people before opening day still.

as the team stands today...yes

Lou could move some people before opening day still.

Who?  Pretty much all of the forwards except Zajac got a new contract this off-season.  

JJ could be a decently solid 3rd line center if he stays healthy. Loktionov certainly seems promising, but it's still a bit early to count on him as a top 6 forward for the future.. Both are pretty big question marks on our lineup though.

Elias Loktionov Jagr

Clowe Zajac Ryder

Brunner Henrique Zubrus

Olesz Josefson Bernier

Something like that seems pretty sweet to me.. Allthough I agree it wont happen unless we move a forward, which seems unlikely as best.

JJ could be a decently solid 3rd line center if he stays healthy. Loktionov certainly seems promising, but it's still a bit early to count on him as a top 6 forward for the future.. Both are pretty big question marks on our lineup though.

Elias Loktionov Jagr

Clowe Zajac Ryder

Brunner Henrique Zubrus

Olesz Josefson Bernier

Something like that seems pretty sweet to me.. Allthough I agree it wont happen unless we move a forward, which seems unlikely as best.

There's no Carter in that lineup though. I can't see him not making it, he's one of the harder working players in the lineup.

True. And I like Carter on the 4th line, so Brunner seems extremely unlikely at this point. (Even though he would clearly be an upgrade for us.)

True. And I like Carter on the 4th line, so Brunner seems extremely unlikely at this point. (Even though he would clearly be an upgrade for us.)

na just take Olesz off that line and put Carter there. I do think we could use Brunner

If we got Brunner JJ or olesz would most likely be the odd man out. Gionta seems done already and I think Olesz would beat JJ for a spot. Personally I feel like JJ is more expendable now that we have Loktionov. With Zajac, Henrique, Elias, and Loki on the team, JJ can really only be a center on the 4th line. At best JJ is a 3rd line winger and personally I would prefer Brunner there.

EDIT:

Lines off the top of my head without Brunner

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Henrique-Jagr

Zubrus-Loktionov-Olesz

Carter-JJ-Bernier

Lines with Brunner:

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Henrique-Jagr

Zubrus-Loktionov-Brunner

Olesz-Carter-Bernier

I think the second option is a much more scary lineup for the opposition.

Edited by njd3b1ink