Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caron14

[Official] Damien Brunner signed to multi-year deal

653 posts in this topic

At this point, I'm expecting him to sign, then retire to go back to Switzerland before the end of the contract.

1 person likes this

Harris's group that owns the 76ers includes Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, my guess is that Brunner wants to meet them before he commits to the Devils organization

If DJ Jazzy Jeff is there, we're screwed...

I'm cool with Jazz, just keep Carlton away. :P

At this point, I'm expecting him to sign, then retire to go back to Switzerland before the end of the contract.

I'm swiss. I will hunt him down if that happens. 

1 person likes this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbZct9Ey-CI

Sorry. Forgot how to embed vids on here. It's just Will Smith, Jazzy Jeff, Carlton, and Jayden Smith performing Fresh Prince of Bel Air on Graham Norton.

You just copy and paste the link and it does it automatically.

See:

Edited by ATLL765

Harris's group that owns the 76ers includes Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, my guess is that Brunner wants to meet them before he commits to the Devils organization

Do you think a guy like Brunner would want to meet with ownership?  I understand on a deal like the one Kovy signed; but is this commonplace for a guy like Brunner?!?

Do you think a guy like Brunner would want to meet with ownership?  I understand on a deal like the one Kovy signed; but is this commonplace for a guy like Brunner?!?

I think that was a joke lol...

I think that was a joke lol...

Tri comes off as so serious most of the time that I think people can't tell when he's actually joking.  He's made a few here and there though, and gotten some chuckles. 

Tri comes off as so serious most of the time that I think people can't tell when he's actually joking.  He's made a few here and there though, and gotten some chuckles. 

I thought he was completely serious  :doh1:

I thought he was completely serious :doh1:

This had me laughing hysterically.

Is Brunner going to be at the press conference today, or will they just announce his signing afterwards?

Is Brunner going to be at the press conference today, or will they just announce his signing afterwards?

it would be poor form to not have the captain show up to the announcement.

it would be poor form to not have the captain show up to the announcement.

hahahahaha :clap2:

this has nothing to do with him.

i dont care personally that he was there or not but its not true that it has nothing to do with him lol cmon he's the captain of the team they just bought, its not nothing. Again thats you just wanting to say the opposite of someone

Edited by SterioDesign

i dont care personally that he was there or not but its not true that it has nothing to do with him lol cmon he's the captain of the team they just bought, its not nothing. Again thats you just wanting to say the opposite of someone

OK -- why don't you start with Why wasn't DeBoer there...  seriously -- it has NOTHING to do with Salvadore.  You have NO leg to stand on n'est pas?  :P

OK -- why don't you start with Why wasn't DeBoer there...  seriously -- it has NOTHING to do with Salvadore.  You have NO leg to stand on n'est pas?  :P

I dont know why he wasnt there, why was Marty, Zach and Elias at Kovy's presser? Why was Zach at the table at the draft? 

Its a pretty big deal for the organization, i can see that they'd want to skip it but its not true that it has NOTHING to do with them come on, they are the face of the franchise (well Salvador not really) but still

and it's "n'est-ce pas" :P 

It has nothing to do with him.  It's a business transaction.  There's no reason for him to be there - his end is on the ice.  Whoever owns the team is immaterial to the players - the players are on guaranteed contracts, if the owner can't pay, the NHL has to step in and pay.  The way a good NHL organization works is that ownership provides the money and hires good people to run the business end and the hockey end of the franchise - the 'hockey end' of the franchise is the general manager, and he deals with the players.  This press conference was merely to introduce the owners, the CEO of marketing, a discussion of the franchise's long-term plans, and to re-affirm that Lou isn't going anywhere.  None of this involves Bryce Salvador at all.