NJDEVILS sign Brunner to an ATO, he'll practice tomorrow

Lou Lamoriello re-words, not ATO, PTO, "skillful. No promises, no guarantees"

he's really playing hardball trying to get him cheap uh? lol

Elias - Zajac - Jagr 

Clowe - Henrique - Ryder 

Zubrus - Loktionov - Brunner 

Carter - Josefson - Bernier 

Olesz - Barch - Tedenby

thats a good depth, not a lot of top end talent but good depth. Sucks to lose all the talent we did in the last few years but in another way i've been saying that NJ didnt really need that most of the time with their system. It's a system that you have to do the same thing over and over and work hard hoping to capitalize at some point, its not to creative so you don't see our guys do things their way too often. Thats why guys like Bernier or Carter are doing great.

Edited by SterioDesign

The official NHL App® just announced it. I bet this wasn't the way Damien wanted it to go down.

if he does make the team as a try-out, can we assume his contract would be a lot less than he is asking for

Gotta wonder how he didn't get a contract somewhere.

I'm thinking the same thing, its like nobody wanted a part of this guy, and now he has to settle for a camp invite. Kinda strange

I think his lack of contract has less to do with his abilities and more of a numbers game. He's got skills but only one season of NHL experience so he's still a big question of will he be able to keep up his production. With the cap dropping and teams not having much flexibility I think they would rather take risks on Dmen or Goaltending. Even if he doesn't fit on the Devils he will definitely sign somewhere, once teams get an idea of what their rosters look like and what prospects are and are not ready I think at least one team would be willing to take a chance with his potential. Thats why I want him playing here.

I have no idea what the roster is going to look like, to be honest (assuming Brunner gets signed). I want all of Josefson, Loktionov, and Olesz to be playing every game, but it's going to be hard to make that happen.

PDB is apparently very high on Olesz, so this may mean Josefson and Loktionov will be sharing a position until an injury opens up another spot. It sucks if that's the case, but I'm in favor of whatever will make the team better now and in the future. Hopefully it doesn't hinder the development of either of Josefson or Loktionov.

Really hope they sign him eventually. Even if Jagr isn't as hurt as bad as some believe right now, he will still miss games this year so having Brunner is nice cover on the depth chart for that. Wouldn't mind if Gionta got waived to help clear up spot.

Really hope they sign him eventually. Even if Jagr isn't as hurt as bad as some believe right now, he will still miss games this year so having Brunner is nice cover on the depth chart for that. Wouldn't mind if Gionta got waived to help clear up spot.

This. I just don't see any need for Gionta anymore. Devils have just too many players that can play in the bottom 6 that are better than him.

This. I just don't see any need for Gionta anymore. Devils have just too many players that can play in the bottom 6 that are better than him.

and we have too many defensemen that are better than Salvador but they're not waiving either of them. DeBoer likes Gionta. He's not going anywhere even if he should