Overage Fees...Please use Amazon Link or Unblock the ads

DevilMinder

Because of the Schneider trade and Kovalchuk's retirement the server has a lot of traffic these last couple of weeks and we are in overage territory now. This means there will be extra fees this month.

I ask that you use the Amazon link and give us a referral fee it would be appreciated! Amazon

And last, the AOL Ads which are the usual web banner ads. If I could ask a favor that you unblock the site from your Ad Block software so we can assume some income from your OCD refreshing of our servers :)

I had to turn the basic mode back on again this morning with the Brunner news, traffic is already double the normal at this point.

Thanks again all and we will make it through this storm!

It's not much, but as a college student I'm not able to give much. Hope I helped, at least a small bit.

That was a nice donation either way, Thanks Marty!

I just remembered why the Contributor group was good, it doesn't have any ads.

Where do you host this site? you should be making a profit not in the red. I suspect you're paying too much for a not a great server. You shouldn't have to limit features under heavy load if its a good sever. 

I try and use the amazon link as much can

I am not an expert with hosting, but I do know enough to get a forum online, but why do you need a VPS? what is the reason you can't get a webhosting lets say from godaddy. I am not trying to an as, but more of me trying to learn how.

Edited by socbrian

Donated $50! I'm addicted to Triumphs advanced-stat-Debby-Downer reality checks now. :P

Thanks FTW, I got the email. Very generous!

I am not an expert with hosting, but I do know enough to get a forum online, but why do you need a VPS? what is the reason you can't get a webhosting lets say from godaddy. I am not trying to an as, but more of me trying to learn how.

The site has wayyy too much traffic and CPU intensive use for Godaddy. Their hosting is not a dedicated VPS like the one we are on. Theirs shares all the memory so you aren't guaranteed your share all the time.

Just donated - pretty sure I've done my part in crashing the site a couple times now :lol:

Edit:  I'll also unblock this site from Adblock, and keep it that way so long as popups are never used!

Edited by Devilsfan118

Godaddy supported SOPA and PIPA.