Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rogan The Goat

Jagr Signs 1 Year Deal With Devils

365 posts in this topic

It would be nice if Jagr could do for Henrique what he did for Giroux, I definitely think that'll be a pairing for most of the season. Henrique is a smart hockey player and a natural goal scorer, he does the little things right. Jagr is a smart player who knows how to pass/make plays. I think that would be a good combination.

Turning Henrique into Giroux would be amazing.

I have to admit, I was dead set against this as didn't think Jagr would take less than $4 million base contract and it would preclude us from signing anyone else.  I was hoping no Jagr would allow some of the kids to get a chance to step-up.    But at $2 million, plus, it's actually a nice situation.   If anyone can revive Jagr, its Elias and we still have some cushion moving forward.    Never doubt the powers of Lou.  

"If anyone can revive Jagr, it's Elias" What? I think Elias and Jagr could work, but Jagr doesn't need Elias' help for a revival. He has been a fantastic player for the past two seasons in the NHL. The guy has 89 points in his last 118 regular season games at the age of 39 and 40. That is historically insane.

I think Jagr could help Elias as much as Elias could help Jagr.

3 people like this

Put each other in good positions to score.  Elias just needs to shoot more, i think Jagr can hit him in stride and create real opportunities in the zone.  But I agree DR33

Agreed, but a little tweaking on CapGeek shows that we can add Brunner even and fit him under the cap,  with Tedenby(noooo), Gionta or Barch in the minors, he can take Olesz spot in the lineup. 

Elias-Henrique(2.5m)-Jagr

Clowe-Zajac-Ryder

Brunner(4m)-Loktionov-Zubrus

Carter-Josefson-Bernier

Olesz, Tedenby, Barch

It's a stretch, but boy, I'd have a ton of confidence in our forward depth.  I have a good feeling about it even if we wouldn't sign Brunner

In that scenario they'd also have to send Tedenby or Barch down since carrying 15 forwards on the NHL roster is too much. I'd like Brunner too but they'd certainly be pushing the limit. Plus he'd be either the 49 or 50 contract on the reserve list. I guess the Devils are going to be a cap team going forward and I am really happy about that though.

Lou confirmed that Jagr will be wearing #68. You may order your shirts/jerseys now.

I wish they were quicker with the shirts.. Definitely buying one.. I just hope they stop printing them with the smaller font that, for some reason, started appearing on the shirts this year

CORSI Tied

Loktionov 63%

Elias 59.6%

Zajac 58.9%

Ryder 56.4%

Henrique 55.6%

Bernier 54.9%

Jagr 54.7%

Clowe 53.9%

Carter 53.7%

Zubrus 53.5%

Easier to understand

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/23/jagr-says-it-was-important-to-play-for-devils-after-kovalchuk-retirement/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

“Not many teams are looking for a forward my age, especially with the salary cap going down,” Jagr said, as per NHL.com. “My agent [Petr Svoboda] asked if I would be willing to play for New Jersey and I was. I talked to Lou [Lamoriello] even before [ilya] Kovalchuk retired and after he retired.

“I felt it was even more important for me to play on the Devils roster [after Kovalchuk's NHL retirement].”

Already endearing himself to the fans.. Gotta love it.. Just another legend in a Devils uniform

1 person likes this

I wish they were quicker with the shirts.. Definitely buying one.. I just hope they stop printing them with the smaller font that, for some reason, started appearing on the shirts this year

Agreed. I'm seriously contemplating getting either a jagr jersey or shirt or both

Agreed. I'm seriously contemplating getting either a jagr jersey or shirt or both

Yup 100% getting a shirt. Can't wait till they start selling them.

Just finally found my Kovalchuk red jersey shirt from 2 years ago to burn. It was beat to hell anyway, washed so many times it was falling apart. Went to Modells over the weekend and picked up a Zajac one. Saw Marty and Henrique ones there too, thought of getting a Henrique, but I was like, nope not until he signs. Not jinxing it and not buying a shirt I can't wear in public if somehow he gets away.

Just finally found my Kovalchuk red jersey shirt from 2 years ago to burn. It was beat to hell anyway, washed so many times it was falling apart. Went to Modells over the weekend and picked up a Zajac one. Saw Marty and Henrique ones there too, thought of getting a Henrique, but I was like, nope not until he signs. Not jinxing it and not buying a shirt I can't wear in public if somehow he gets away.

I was gonna stop in Mo's to see if they put the Kovy jersey's on clearance. Did you notice if they had any authentics on the racks marked down? They did it with Parise last year and I didn't even think of grabbing authentic jersey for like $50 and having it stripped/redone.

Gonna be hard calling him "Jagirl" since I couldn't stand him during my time watching hockey. It's a move that had to be done given the circumstances. Hope he does well in NJ

It was in Rockaway, and I did notice a distinct lack of Kovalchuk merch in the store. I think I saw some of the jersey shirts online for like $9. I'm sure it was while supplies last...

this is from TG's blog today

Lamoriello, asked about restricted free agent Adam Henrique, said there were no updates “at this point but we certainly are hopeful. We’ll do everything we can.”

I don't like the way this sounds

tempting to pick up a Jagr jersey. Kinda cool we get a legend of the sport, even if it is at the end of his career. i think it will help with the locker room and on ice play, even if he is a bit slower.

looking forward to this season.

I don't care about Brunner anymore, i don't think it's happening. i just want Lou to lock up Henrique.

It was in Rockaway, and I did notice a distinct lack of Kovalchuk merch in the store. I think I saw some of the jersey shirts online for like $9. I'm sure it was while supplies last...

Damn! That's where I was gonna check since I work over that area. No jerseys though huh? I guess I can check the Newton one too. No joke they had the authentic $300 Parise jersey's for something like $50 last year when all that happened. Hind sight I really should have bought a couple to have them redone to something I wanted.

lol I still see Langenbrunner stuff on the official devils store. They can't give that away I guess...

Well yeah the Devils store and NHL store aren't gonna mark jack sh!t down. LOL

We sign Jagr, Ryder, Clowe, Olesz and potentially Brunner, but the hockey experts will still pick us to finish 11th.

We sign Jagr, Ryder, Clowe, Olesz and potentially Brunner, but the hockey experts will still pick us to finish 11th.

No Kovalchuk brah. Broke brah.
1 person likes this

No Kovalchuk brah. Broke brah.

Yet people knocked us just the same when we had him.. That's okay, the only season we were ever thought to be a contender was 2010 - 2011 and look how that turned out