Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rogan The Goat

Jagr Signs 1 Year Deal With Devils

365 posts in this topic

@max and @DJ, I totally understand where both of you are coming from. I have read her stuff for years so maybe that's why I have a little more perspective or understanding on how she comes off. Guess we'll just leave it at that. I would advise on you both following her on twitter if you have accounts, and come back a year from now and tell me you feelings on her then. I even stopped following her during the 2012 playoffs though because of some of the 'predictions' she came out with...even though she was right in the end.

Yep, I'm following her now, giving her a shot :) My first impression with a blogger/reporter is always the most important, but I'll take your word for it. Always looking to get more NJD-related stuff in my feed so I'll continue to follow her.

Yep, I'm following her now, giving her a shot :) My first impression with a blogger/reporter is always the most important, but I'll take your word for it. Always looking to get more NJD-related stuff in my feed so I'll continue to follow her.

She's very random, remember it's her personal twitter, not her "business official" twitter. Some of the stuff she comes up with, with her "feelings" are scary correct. Which is what I was talking about earlier. 

Absolute idiocy on the main board at HF

1 year deal for Jagr is an 'epic fail'
Jagr wont do good on our 'defensive' system
Our center depth is 'brutal'
NJD defense is 'mediocre at best'

Glad to know, it's what I would expect from mostly Rag/Phailure fans.

Haha, this board (and I'm a culprit) is amazing at derails. Long story short, I'm not buying that this would somehow sh!tcan a Jagr deal. Elias's contract was similar, details started to leak out, then it got done.

Lol seriously...bickering over who is better on twitter.

Lol seriously...bickering over who is better on twitter.

Only thing that would one up is the constant bickering on NJDevs.com who is right...oh wait..

I put no stock into anything Kenneth says.

Perhaps you'd feel differently if Kenneth could finally, after all these years, answer one simple question:  What is the frequency?

(Right.  I'll show myself out.  :()

3 people like this

Sounds like idiocy. 

Jagr will improve our forward depth, which we have again now. 

We have 4-6 capable centers in our lineup, Elias, Henrique, Loktionov, Josefson, Carter, Gionta,

If the defense is 'mediocre', I feel like Lou would make improvements where needed (ILWT) - Also one year removed from a stanley cup run. 

Perhaps you'd feel differently if Kenneth could finally, after all these years, answer one simple question:  What is the frequency?

(Right.  I'll show myself out.   :()

Haha! Dan Rather inspired REM songs!

1 person likes this

the jagr thread on the HF Board is all over the place. it went to talking about jagr, to how slow our team is, and then to a trade proposal to send larrsson and a 1st round pick to the avs haha

Ugh, I know he will be good for the team this season but I just can't stand Jagr.

2 people like this

I hear that.  Still kinda have a hatred for him from his Flyers and Rangers years.  But this team really needs him on the PP.

Ugh, I know he will be good for the team this season but I just can't stand Jagr.

You've been saying that for a few years now. What's the reason for the hatred?

I'm seeing a lot of this. Every writer's somehow a critic of this deal; but if it were any other team but the Devils, it'd be "a great pickup for forward depth".

I think his mullet casts him in a negative light.

Boy is the rest of the league going to be surprised if Andrei Loktionov does what I think he can do.  Unfortunately his profile and abilities are the kind that teams throw away until he ends up on the equivalent of the Islanders and then does really well, so here's hoping New Jersey isn't that stupid.

Boy is the rest of the league going to be surprised if Andrei Loktionov does what I think he can do.  Unfortunately his profile and abilities are the kind that teams throw away until he ends up on the equivalent of the Islanders and then does really well, so here's hoping New Jersey isn't that stupid.

How good we talkin? To bring this in to the thread: Do you see him as a fit with Jagr? IMO an Elias-Loki-Jagr line would seem to work with loki providing the speed/youth those vets would need and Elias being one of the best defensive forward I've ever seen.

I don't see a problem with Jagr on our "1st line", because we won't really have a 1st line that logs 20+ minutes a night.

Is there any set time for this announcement? Outs just weird that there's been no mention of it today.

It goes back to the pittsburgh days, I never liked his stupid goal celebrations and I just always disliked watching him play. The trade to the Rangers made me dislike him even more. I just can't stand him, sometimes people just bother you and Jagr is one of those people for me.

I hope he plays well because I always want this team to do well but I just won't enjoy having to watch him play. I was glad Clarkson was finally gone so I didn't have anyone on the team I didn't like to watch play and then this happened lol

How good we talkin? To bring this in to the thread: Do you see him as a fit with Jagr? IMO an Elias-Loki-Jagr line would seem to work with loki providing the speed/youth those vets would need and Elias being one of the best defensive forward I've ever seen.

I don't see a problem with Jagr on our "1st line", because we won't really have a 1st line that logs 20+ minutes a night.

I'm not sure I see him as a fit with Jagr, both guys like having the puck, but on the other hand, he's got the ability to take the puck into the zone with speed.  As for how good, I see him as a player like Mikhail Grabovski - doesn't put up a ton of goals or assists himself but is on the right side of the +/- ledger typically.  I could see him scoring 15 goals and 30 assists per 82 games this year.

It goes back to the pittsburgh days, I never liked his stupid goal celebrations and I just always disliked watching him play. The trade to the Rangers made me dislike him even more. I just can't stand him, sometimes people just bother you and Jagr is one of those people for me.

I hope he plays well because I always want this team to do well but I just won't enjoy having to watch him play. I was glad Clarkson was finally gone so I didn't have anyone on the team I didn't like to watch play and then this happened lol

As a Devils fan, I can honestly say that no player made me more nervous than Jagr when the puck was on his stick.  Obviously, that's diminished since his true prime years...but even on the rags, he was still extremely dangerous, and that feeling never really went away until he left for the KHL.  

Have we ever signed a player who previously played for both the Rangers & Flyers?

Asham too of course, but he played for the Rags and Flyers after the Devils.