NJDevs 2013 Fantasy Football draft finished!

aylbert

Well if there is more than two options to a poll we are going to need two polls cause it's hard to come to a seven-person consensus on anything with more than two choices.  Like say the QB passing yards scoring.  If the choices are:

-Don't change

-Change to 30 yards passing per point

-Change to 50 yards passing per point

What happens if the voting comes out to 5-4-3?  More votes for don't change than any other single choice, but more people are actually voting 'for' change.

If there are only two options otoh (don't change and one of the two above) then there shouldn't be another poll needed.

But that's my point; you need to revote again anyways if  options 2 + 3 exceed  option 1 (because those who vote option 1 now need to revote)...  so why cloud it up?   I feel in the past votes were diluted that led to a possible different outcome than if we kept binary votes, etc.

But in the end... yes, its all minor.  The draft is the fun part - as long as the rules are known (changed or unchanged)    :)

Well two things I notice looking at the scoring settings now...one, why is a safety in DST listed as 'four' points?  And two, the # of roster spots adds up to sixteen (the usual nine starters - QB, RBx2, WRx2, FLEX, TE, K, DEF, plus seven bench spots), are we expanding from fifteen spots this year?

I or ayl can probably put up a poll on passing yard point scoring later but it doesn't seem like there's too much interest in change by recent posts...  

Well two things I notice looking at the scoring settings now...one, why is a safety in DST listed as 'four' points?  And two, the # of roster spots adds up to sixteen (the usual nine starters - QB, RBx2, WRx2, FLEX, TE, K, DEF, plus seven bench spots), are we expanding from fifteen spots this year?

I or ayl can probably put up a poll on passing yard point scoring later but it doesn't seem like there's too much interest in change by recent posts...  

Wasn't it always four?? I know the rarity and the coolness of it made it seem worth more then just two points, I'm pretty sure we had that a while ago...

Maybe that spot is the IR slot?? I think it is.....

No the additional spot isn't IR, that was also listed along with the seven bench spots. I don't know if the archives list league scoring but I don't remember safeties as 4.

EDIT: I stand corrected, safeties were listed as four points in the last two seasons, you were right on that one...funny, I never noticed cause they're so infrequent anyway.

But I was right on the rosters...if you look at draft results on this year's page, it shows sixteen rounds so that's consistent with sixteen roster spots.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Two people still need to sign up on Yahoo...dr and Masked I think.

Gotta remember my login stuff. I always forget that sh!t in the off season!  :doh1:

How did I squander this?   arg.

I know, right? In my other league I had Arian AND Adrian! But some very poor match up luck and a REALLY piss poor WR core let me down in the playoffs.

But that's my point; you need to revote again anyways if  options 2 + 3 exceed  option 1 (because those who vote option 1 now need to revote)...  so why cloud it up?   I feel in the past votes were diluted that led to a possible different outcome than if we kept binary votes, etc.

But in the end... yes, its all minor.  The draft is the fun part - as long as the rules are known (changed or unchanged)     :)

I concur.

I want to vote on the vote of the votes of the other votes that we voted on last season.

Does that clear things up?

I vote no to all votes pertaining to vote voting in the vote phase of the vote.  :smilegah:

Well, since no one else wants to be first for serious voting rule changes, I might as well.

1) All of this scoring is linked, so the vote is yes to all or no to all:

a) QB Yards to 1 point per 50 yards

b) 0.1 per completion

c) -0.1 per incompletion

2) -3 points for throwing an interception that leads to a Touchdown

3) DEF - Blocked kick up to 4 points from 2

I was going to do a poll but everyone was going into super whine mode about how voting was so hard so I figured nobody really gave a **** about changing anything at that point.

And why does it have to be yes to all or no to all? Maybe someone wants to add completion points and not change yardage scoring or vice versa. I don't mind changing blocked kicks to 4 points, since safeties are four points anyway. I'd prefer two for both but whatever.

I'd also rather just tweak yardage to one point for 30 yards, make a 300-yard passing game worth the same as a 100-yard rushing game (10 points each). One point per 50's too radical for me. Adding completion/incompletion points is intriguing but it might have to be scored differently cause scoring incompletions and completions the same will just jack up QB point totals even more.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I was going to do a poll but everyone was going into super whine mode about how voting was so hard so I figured nobody really gave a **** about changing anything at that point.

And why does it have to be yes to all or no to all? Maybe someone wants to add completion points and not change yardage scoring or vice versa. I don't mind changing blocked kicks to 4 points, since safeties are four points anyway. I'd prefer two for both but whatever.

I'd also rather just tweak yardage to one point for 30 yards, make a 300-yard passing game worth the same as a 100-yard rushing game (10 points each). One point per 50's too radical for me. Adding completion/incompletion points is intriguing but it might have to be scored differently cause scoring incompletions and completions the same will just jack up QB point totals even more.

The point of #1 being a package deal was that it was a balancing effect.  If you wanted to propose them separately, by all means do so but that's your proposal, not mine. :)

You should allow people a few days to speak their piece, then complile this into a poll.

That's what all the posts in July were for lol

We have less than a week before the draft order and stuff begin, it's time to either vote (in the poll thread) or get off the pot.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I envision CRASHER as Thornton Melon here as we drill him with rule changes and questions about the upcoming draft and season:

Awesome Clown. I have NEVER heard a Thornton Melon reference EVER. Kudos. Got a nice chuckle out of that.

I envision CRASHER as Thornton Melon here as we drill him with rule changes and questions about the upcoming draft and season:

Awesome Clown. I have NEVER heard a Thornton Melon reference EVER. Kudos. Got a nice chuckle out of that.

stat changes updated in the league now....and I'll do the pre-order silliness either tomorrow or Monday when I have a witness from the league around