aylbert

NJDevs 2013 Fantasy Football draft finished!

690 posts in this topic

We still have Labor Day Hell Weekend (from a draft sense) to get through.  I'm going to be around sporadically from Friday night to Tuesday night myself, although Sunday is weather-dependent for me.  Ironically my least busy day is Labor Day itself, but I don't expect much picking on that day :lol:

At least I have the phone to pick on but won't be able to update as much towards the end of the draft.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Mobile phones and IPads make it impossible not to stay in touch.

Well right now 5 3/4 rounds (factoring in keepers) in eight days isn't too much of a stretch at this point considering we usually get a round plus done in the last day.  We do tend to have some two and three-pick days over the holiday though.  

In pick #1, we're going to snag a backup for Mr. Colin Kaep.  Give me, in the MANTABLOCK SPECIAL aisle, Joe Flacco, QB, BAL

For the second pick, let's go handcuff crazy: Kendall Hunter, RB, SF

I need a backup QB. Carson Palmer, QB, ARI.

Bernard Pierce , RB Baltimore

Edit: I waited way too long to grab a 3rd RB, and the fact i had to grab Pierce is a sign.  its going ot screw me in the long run

Edited by VivaLaFlamme

DOUBLE MANTA BLOCK AHOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Speaking of hoarding running backs....someone's gotta get the ball in Pitt.....Johnathan Dwyer, RB!!!!

Give me the defense of the 2013 AFC Champions:

Cincinnati Bengals

Sworn Defenders select Josh Freeman, QB, TB

So yes, I apparently buy into the Buccaneers putting up points on the ground and air this year?    I don't think I would have said that pre-draft. 

But I do love my QB/WR pairs; so why not do it for bye week and injury protection.   Ha!

Edited by aylbert

Give me the defense of the 2013 AFC Champions:

Cincinnati Bengals

Sadly I concur.

All I can say is Kendall Hunter was a good pick.

I understand the "I'm gonna lose" tactic as well as the next guy...

...but I also believe that Flacco will have some good fantasy numbers.  I only really need him Week 9, which is not a great matchup, but my other choice (Palmer) was off that week too.  If Kaep goes down long-term, I'm probably sunk anyway, but at least I have an unquestioned starter behind what looks like a decent 1st team OL.

Also, he's a U-Delaware alum, so there you go.

All I can say is Kendall Hunter was a good pick.

I understand the "I'm gonna lose" tactic as well as the next guy...

...but I also believe that Flacco will have some good fantasy numbers. I only really need him Week 9, which is not a great matchup, but my other choice (Palmer) was off that week too. If Kaep goes down long-term, I'm probably sunk anyway, but at least I have an unquestioned starter behind what looks like a decent 1st team OL.

Also, he's a U-Delaware alum, so there you go.

If you have followed any of my history on the football topic, you would know that I am far from having an "am gonna lose strategy". I love Caldwell, Flacco and what they can produce. But my organizational knowledge tells me we just don't have tools in passing game to really do any damage. You can't be successful with only one WR. Good luck with Joe.

That being said, the MantaRavens reluctantly select the last quality starting RB on the market:

Sir Issac Redman, Pittsburgh.

I like it... but also shied away from that clusterfvck.

There and Pittsburgh, are the two biggest clusters in the backfield i have ever seen lol

If you have followed any of my history on the football topic, you would know that I am far from having an "am gonna lose strategy". I love Caldwell, Flacco and what they can produce. But my organizational knowledge tells me we just don't have tools in passing game to really do any damage. You can't be successful with only one WR. Good luck with Joe.

All due respect to dr33, doesn't Cam Newton do this every year successfully?  EDIT: Successfully from a fantasy perspective, I know what Carolina's record has been the last few years I have a Panther fan friend.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

Masked Fan selects the guy getting this:

laurie-schaub-falcons.png

Matt Schaub, QB, HOU

Sam Bradford, QB, STL

Drats! I was hoping to grab him later. He is in for a big year IMHO.

Sorry Guys, was drving home when I got the word, and wen t straight to soccer practice....

And since there is not single RB worth drafting...

Chicago Bears Defense

Houston WR DeAndre Hopkins

Sorry Guys, was drving home when I got the word, and wen t straight to soccer practice....

And since there is not single RB worth drafting...

Chicago Bears Defense

Houston WR DeAndre Hopkins

So you pick a second defense when you have the Niners already?!  Oy, I hate this draft.  

Edited by NJDevs4978

Red needed the depth at Defense, duh, just wait til they draft 2 kickers!