Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brodeur14301991

Henrique re-signed. 6 years, 24 million.

86 posts in this topic

Glad to finally see it official.

Wonder what the terms are.

I'll guess 4 years 13 million.

Edit:

$24 million over 6 years.

Edited by oofrostonoo

I'll guess 4 years 13 million.

That would make it awfully similar to ones Zajac and Parise had. I think they both were around $3.33M before getting their raises.

A bit pricey but it will look positively cheap in 4 years when Henrique would have been going UFA.  It's much better than getting a bridge contract but I would've liked to have seen either another year or a bit lower AAV.

Nothing about Henrique right now says $4 million per year player to me.  Lou took a bit of a gamble here.  Definitely falls under the "Can't really judge this one for a while" category. 

Pricey, but Lou paid for the 2(?) UFA years. I hope he earns it.

As Gore Vidal said, the greatest words in the English language.. I told you so.

we have about 4m in cap space now, i dont think they'll use it though

Wow 4 mil is certainly more than we all thought. Only time will tell. Welcome back Henrique!

Wow. Surprised he got 4 a year, I was thinking something in the range of 4/12. But I'm not complaining. It 'aint my money and we locked up one of our young cornerstones for the foreseeable future. Color me happy.

Nothing about Henrique right now says $4 million per year player to me.  Lou took a bit of a gamble here.  Definitely falls under the "Can't really judge this one for a while" category. 

All depends on whether it hamstrings you from making other moves you otherwise would make.  With the cap set to go up dramatically after this year, and only a few players currently on the roster that could plausibly be in a position to demand significant raises in the next few years (Larsson, Josefson, Loktionov and Schneider), I don't see this as an issue.

The cap is artificially low at the moment and the Devils only have one forward signed past 2015-16.  Henrique would've been UFA in 2017 - cap figures to be at least $75M by then, probably closer to $80M - if it's $80M, a $4m Henrique is equal to a 2.8M player under a 56M cap (i.e. what the NHL had in 2008-09 and 2009-10).  It's a risk worth taking.

No issue with the contract, especially since it buys a few UFA years at what will eventually be a "low" salary.

But wait! I thought he hates New Jersey and was signing one year so he could sign in Toronto as soon as possible?!?

So much for Henrique didn't have any leverage. You know who said that.

I am glad he signed now do you job Henrique and Zajac.

Edited by LucifersDog

In 4 years the cap will be around 80 million. If Henrique can be a 40-50 point player, it'll be a fair deal. I'm happy Lou bought some ufa years

eh if Vanderbeek was stilll the owner and there were more $ problems, I'd be worried about the $ but with the big cap and owners who are solvent, I'll take the years