thefiestygoat

2014 Draft Thread

552 posts in this topic

I'll be at work tonight but thank god for the NBC sports live app, I will never miss a draft.

I'll actually be there tonight and tomorrow, pretty psyched.  Hoping I run into some Devils staff/players.

I live in philly and thought about going tonight. I just always feel a draft on TV is so much more informative. I want to get to a draft sometime in my life though

Edited by Onddeck

I'll actually be there tonight and tomorrow, pretty psyched. Hoping I run into some Devils staff/players.

Watch the Devils table and give us updates as to the comings and goings.

I'm hoping for Lemieux or Ho-sang.

I'm hoping we can get both. Ho - sang dropping to us in the 2nd?

Ready to party!!!

vy9ybamu.jpg

Edited by Colin226
2 people like this

Watch the Devils table and give us updates as to the comings and goings.

One of these years, Lou will put a giant black curtain around it and communicate with GM's solely through notes being secretly passed to other tables.

One of these years, Lou will put a giant black curtain around it and communicate with GM's solely through notes being secretly passed to other tables.

Hah. I'm sure Bettman would nix that. Lou was caught at the Wild table a few yrs back when Burns got dealt and he and Gillis were caught together last year.

Although I think we will be quiet the next two days.

Hopefully Colin and whoever else is there can keep an eye out.

Retweeted by TG, covers the Panthers for the Sun Sentinel in Florida.

Hmmmm ok then.  I also see tweets from other guys saying its Vancouver who is also in on the 1st overall pick trade talk.

Flyers want Ekblad apparently.

You figure the Flyers will end up overpaying. Desperate to make a splash at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You figure the Flyers will end up overpaying. Desperate to make a splash at home.

They need to clear some salary as well. Already over the cap but that's counting Pronger on that number as well.

With Berube's system, you can see why their focus would be getting Ekblad. Their defensive game has improved, seems like they want to play more carefully like the Devils. Beating the Penguins in a first or second round with physicality and offense shouldn't be their ceiling.

Hope they overpay too much, Hextall's first move was pretty bad.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 32s

Canucks and Panthers still talking. Van offer for 1st pick believed to be 6th, 24th and last years 1st rnd pick, Hunter Shinkaruk. #TSN

IMO Florida would be stupid to turn that down

You do that on a second if you're Florida.

Eh. Florida needs impact level quality not quantity. Tallon might make that move though.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger  32s
Canucks and Panthers still talking. Van offer for 1st pick believed to be 6th, 24th and last years 1st rnd pick, Hunter Shinkaruk. #TSN

IMO Florida would be stupid to turn that down

They should hold out for Bo instead of Hunter

Glad we got a pick this year. I know we're not going to make any moves tonight, but I think this will be an exciting draft. Please Lou, no more d.

Glad we got a pick this year. I know we're not going to make any moves tonight, but I think this will be an exciting draft. Please Lou, no more d.

Lots of unknowns. Lots of spread after the first few picks. Could see some surprises.

Anyone know if they are staying with NBCSN for the whole first round or are they moving it around for some reason.

Anyone know if they are staying with NBCSN for the whole first round or are they moving it around for some reason.

Later rounds don't happen until tomorrow.  I believe NHL Network is covering tomorrow, but it's a much more lower key thing.

We're talking in the Chat room if anyone's interested.

Hah, just saw Josh Harris's kid wandering around

Listen to these mongoloid Phailure fans... There's no game tonight a$$holes.