Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marshall

I am grateful for Lou

28 posts in this topic

Because it has kept us from having to endure stuff like the new Sabres' third jersey.

090413_sabresjersey.jpg

how do these designs get processed? if people are voting for this or something.. well, my god.

Sad thing is, their fans have been begging them to just wear the classic Sabres jerseys for years, and management just refuses, instead going with the goat head, the buffaslug, and their current jerseys, which are kind of a dark blue version of the old classic ones.

In terms of utility, these jerseys are terrible. Depending on which way your teammate is facing, you'll be looking for either a dark (blue) or a light (yellow) target. If they stuck with either the front or back color scheme, they'd be fine. But having both ... yeesh.

Why the hell did they have to close caption the picture of the buffalo with "BUFFALO"?  Why not put "SABRES" under the sabres while they were at it?

What's sad is, I've seen worse overall.  This ain't the bottom of the barrel.

I think they're just practice jerseys.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Daniel

When the Devils current jerseys came out they lookes very "90's" and extreme I gues for lack of a better word. 20+ years later they haven't changed and that's why they look classic nowadays.

I think the longer you let a design stay the more vintage it becomes and I think that's a mindset that Lou must have taken with him from working with the Yankees.

Instead a lot of teams want to make a new jersey every 5 years or so and add a third jersey ever couple of years and when you do that you end up with this disgusting Buffalo jersey.

Ott's face is priceless. It just screams "WHY"

His sneer says "I bet you thought these were gonna look good, didn't you?"

It's gotta be close.  These are truly awful.  

Really does make you appreciate the Devils' classic, clean look that hasn't changed in decades.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Why the hell did they have to close caption the picture of the buffalo with "BUFFALO"?  Why not put "SABRES" under the sabres while they were at it?

I can't think of one worse at the moment other than the Mooterus jersey I suppose.

That is fvcking terrible. In 5 years, we'll look back on this one like we do the leaping duck jersey Anaheim had in the mid-90's.

Here's hoping Steve Ott, one of the more clever trolls in the NHL, 'leaked' this fake as a joke, and the Sabres reveal they're going with their classic jersey instead.

What ever do you mean??

preview_244_57148.jpg

Their simple navy jersey with that logo looks really nice, I think. I don't know why they keep changing it to weird things like this or the cashew they used to have.

eh, I wish someone would have forced the Blues to wear those jerseys with the trumpets on them... Piss off Keenan :giggle:

That's horrible. Shame since they actually have an excellent logo. I don't know why they just can't stick to any of the clean looking uniforms they had from 1970-96.

eh, I wish someone would have forced the Blues to wear those jerseys with the trumpets on them... Piss off Keenan :giggle:

Does anyone know when that game was supposed to be?? I just realized that if it was late enough in the season, Gretzky would have worn both the Burger King jersey and this IN THE SAME SEASON!! We were so close to a legendary piece of trivia!!

st-louis-blues-third-jersey.jpeg