NFL Week 1!!!

CRASHER

I thought Ben would destroy them to be honest (though I forgot Gregg Williams actually went back to Tennessee), but a little hard to do that when you have literally no offensive line left - losing Pouncey early was the last straw - and FCS running backs.

Edited by NJDevs4978

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly amazing how the Panthers continue find ways to lose every close game. Brought back Ron Rivera, and he continues to show he has no clue how to manage a game. Conservative as hell punting on every 4th down and short even though you have a QB who has never been stopped on a design short run before the 1st down line in his career.

And of course Williams fumbles it on the 5-yard line with 5 minutes to go. Panthers never get the ball back again. New season and same old losses. I have never seen anything like this. And of course Cam gets sh!t on about his record when he played a perfect game. His RB fumbles the ball, and he never gets the ball back again. Cam we'll be to blame. 

WOW what a stupid penalty by David. Just cost the Bucs the game. Hahaha.

Seriously though.....this guy is running step for step with the guy full speed and looking UP to make sure he lines up the guy....he PUSHES HIM....not like he chops at his knees.....how in THE HELL is this guy supposed to know his toenail is out of bounds??? Its over-protective calls like THAT which really piss me off about this league.....regardless of the team involved......

that aside it couldn't happen to a better more worthy and douchier coach on the other side :)

Amendola injured ALREADY...if you had the over on thirty minutes you lost :P

He came back into the game and finished with a Welker-like 10 catches for 104 yards.  But everytime some so much as grazes him, I'm a nervous wreck.  Hard to have much faith in him staying healthy. 

Brady really had to overcome a lot today...his final stat line won't look impressive, but he really did a hell of a job...his receivers were killing him.  Vereen had a hell of a game too.

He came back into the game and finished with a Welker-like 10 catches for 104 yards.  But everytime some so much as grazes him, I'm a nervous wreck.  Hard to have much faith in him staying healthy. 

Brady really had to overcome a lot today...his final stat line won't look impressive, but he really did a hell of a job...his receivers were killing him.  Vereen had a hell of a game too.

After I saw that I ran to pick up Edelman in the NJDevs fantasy league because I have Amendola too lol, and can't really afford to lose a receiver since I'm more or less playing three (two starters, one Flex).  I was amazed he came back really, I thought he was done for like a month considering it was the same super-secret injury he had all of camp.

Guess Ridley got benched after that fumble too?  Him and Roddy White kinda screwed me over in my other league :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

After I saw that I ran to pick up Edelman in the NJDevs fantasy league because I have Amendola too lol, and can't really afford to lose a receiver since I'm more or less playing three (two starters, one Flex).  I was amazed he came back really, I thought he was done for like a month considering it was the same super-secret injury he had all of camp.

Guess Ridley got benched after that fumble too?  Him and Roddy White kinda screwed me over in my other league :P

Yeah, think that was it for Ridley.  Vereen had a terrific game.  Pats looked very out-of-sync...win was about as ugly as it gets.  Brady was clearly getting ticked at his receivers not being where they were supposed to be.  Hoping future practices will help them get more comfortable with each other.

Buffalo could've won the game...they killed themselves with some bad penalties throughout, and suspect play-calling late in the game. 

Every time Boldin makes a reception Manta kills a kitten :lol:

Sorry I am late to the party. Stinking ASPCA.

Big feline body count today. As I told Crasher earlier, my lacrimal ducts are worn out, watching Q in Red jersey.

Daniel, I will consider forfeiting if you start 81 against me.

By the way, the Steelers = plop. I know they're trotting out 2nd and 3rd stringers at RB but their only score was a freakin' safety for like 99% of the game against what should be one of the worst teams in football. They're better than this, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they finished dead last in their division (the Browns making Weeden throw 50+ times may screw that up, though).

By the way, the Steelers = plop. I know they're trotting out 2nd and 3rd stringers at RB but their only score was a freakin' safety for like 99% of the game against what should be one of the worst teams in football. They're better than this, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they finished dead last in their division (the Browns making Weeden throw 50+ times may screw that up, though).

No they're NOT....my 6-10 pick on them looks awful generous now....God it was FANTASTIC to see all the entitled Steeler fans in bar HUMBLED in week one!!!!!

agreed

Call me crazy, but imho the reason Cowher hasn't taken any jobs is he's laying in the weeds waiting for Pittsburgh to fire Tomlin. Cowher slides back in.

And not for nothing but HUGE clutch kick from Folk, who for reasons known only to them the Jets were trying to replace all summer.

I remember seeing a stat that he's only 60% in the cold weather as a kicker.

Folk is weird, he hasn't let us down yet but I'm always waiting for that other shoe to drop.

I just think they don't want him to get complacent. But there's no chance guys like Carpenter or a joke like Cundiff will ever beat him out

CRASHER was 100000% right about the Cowboy defense lol...so far they got him 19 fantasy points in the NJDevs league and STILL are dying in the fourth quarter :lol:

I have Peyton AND Victor Cruz on my other fantasy team and may STILL lose like 210-200...but at least Cruz is single-handedly giving me a chance tomorrow after Ridley and Roddy White dissapeared on me :P

Cruz contract killing the Gmen. Couldn't afford to build the line - run game and pass protection were awful. Not to mention the lack of a backup tailback or even starting quality one. 

Yes, Cruz has nice numbers especially tonight. But you can't afford to invest so much in a slot guy. Nicks and Randle did the heavy lifting. The Cruz contract is a mirage. 

lol at the Giants almost getting the onside kick. That would've been fun. 

That game was way too close for a team who turned over the ball as much as the Giants did...

You could see and feel that Dumbo was HURTING out there and he wasn't getting good oompf on his throws and the running game wasn't giving him much either....but that's what happens, and that's how you finally get over the hump for a team that's owned you and ruined you the last few years.....win and WIN UGLY.....take a deep breath and get going for next week!!!

The defense took a hit once Mo Clayborne was out, but stiil....they carried the load tonight (sounds weird considering the score....)

Cruz contract killing the Gmen. Couldn't afford to build the line - run game and pass protection were awful. Not to mention the lack of a backup tailback or even starting quality one.

Yes, Cruz has nice numbers especially tonight. But you can't afford to invest so much in a slot guy. Nicks and Randle did the heavy lifting. The Cruz contract is a mirage.

Have to disagree here, slot or not Cruz can make a big play at anytime. Defense has to be aware which leaves space for Nicks and Randle to do some damage. Most teams would live to have this "problem".