Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SterioDesign

Johan Hedberg at rangers camp on professional tryout?

50 posts in this topic

Per NJ Devils Blog

Johan Hedberg at rangers camp on professional tryout

ahhh come the fvck on, wanted him to have a shot in the NHL but NOT THERE

Don't blame him for it - he needs a job, and doesn't want to uproot his family.

That leaves the Devils, Rangers, Flyers, and Islanders.  I guess I'd prefer the Isles, but meh

Edited by Devilsfan118

Can't blame a guy who is scraping the bottom of the barrel after being rejected by every other team in the league.

I'll actually add on to my other comment - I hope the Rags do sign him, and play him against the Devils.  5-hole goals for DAYS

CUTE!! Id love to have he and Marty face off.  Plus my daughter still loves Moose.  Her dad would like to see her cheer for the Rags once in her life.

oh wait.... as she often informs us, some of her earliest words were indeed Rangers Suck.  She sang the annoying whistle and shouted "ayn errrs uck!"  not at a game incidentally - it was on her dad's shoulders at Bridgewater Commons.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Don't they still have Biron? Why would they even bother?

Evidently he's on leave for "personal issues". 

If he gets a shot and gets to stay at home w/ his family in NJ. Good for him.

Can't blame a guy who is scraping the bottom of the barrel after being rejected by every other team in the league.

WTF? He was not rejected by every team. He passed on a few opportunities, so he didn't have to uproot his family again. He was holding out for a spot like this. A chance at being the backup on the Rangers is one of the best jobs in the league for a guy like him.

WTF? He was not rejected by every team. He passed on a few opportunities, so he didn't have to uproot his family again. He was holding out for a spot like this. A chance at being the backup on the Rangers is one of the best jobs in the league for a guy like him.

I guess my sarcasm and exaggeration didn't make it through on my post.

Unless Biron's personal reasons involve him missing the next like month plus I don't see how it's an opportunity for anything aside from staying in shape.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I guess my sarcasm and exaggeration didn't make it through on my post.

In all seriousness its worked the other way around too. Not moving may have been a decent factor when Kevin Weekes was here

Edited by mxm262

Good for Moose. Great situation for him and his family if he gets the spot. If not, Lou already said he'll have a spot for him in the organization.

They're saying Biron isn't at camp yet because of family issues. Probably just a stop gap until he reports, but good luck to him.

cant blame the guy i guess.. but at the same time his game is gone someone needs to tell him its time to move on already.

Watch him shut us out on Monday.  :doh1:

I doubt many of the veterans play on Monday, but yeah, that'd still be something.

i'm happy for him, hell if he plays on monday, i'll moose it up when he makes saves. when the season starts, we won't see him against us, and if we do, it's business as usual for rags hate.

If Hedberg's willing to take a cheap enough contract it could be a win for the Rangers.  Either they sell Biron off, presumably retaining some of his salary in that transaction, or they demote him to the minors and eat 375K of that deal.  If Hedberg signs for say 600k (which he very well could and would make as much money if he had played out his contract this year), that's a 325k savings.

But I don't think the Rangers could expect much of Hedberg if he did sign.