NJDevs '13-14 FHL (Fantasy Hockey) is ready to go!

NJDevs4978

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong lesson.   If you rely on a team, or worse yet, a line.  You will be boom/bust...   might as well pickup Burrows (I just dumped him last week for another Bruin doing wonders) and go all in with the misery.

Good point.  And yeah, lesson learned here...I'm going down with the Sedin twins and, to an extent the Canucks, this year.

Good point.  And yeah, lesson learned here...I'm going down with the Sedin twins and, to an extent the Canucks, this year.

Picking the Sedins typically are a good bet.   One year I had Daniel, and wished I had Henrik with him as well...   but it's always a risk.

Henrik has always been 1 of my favorites, had in 3 or the last 4 years i think...

I hate when the goalie of your team is in direct competition with the Devils... its like I cannot win, my goalies does well it hurts the Devs which hurts me, my goalie does poor and it hurts my fantasy team which hurts me

I usually try to get goalies from the left coast, but I forgot Columbus got moved this year...

Edited by redruM

Henrik has always been 1 of my favorites, had in 3 or the last 4 years i think...

I hate when the goalie of your team is in direct competition with the Devils... its like I cannot win, my goalies does well it hurts the Devs which hurts me, my goalie does poor and it hurts my fantasy team which hurts me

I usually try to get goalies from the left coast, but I forgot Columbus got moved this year...

Moved to our division to boot!

To be honest, I don't care when my goalie plays the Devils (why I had Lunqvist last year).     The Devils hardly get blow anyone out...  so I just cheer the Devils and hope for another 1-0, 2-1 win.

Moved to our division to boot!

To be honest, I don't care when my goalie plays the Devils (why I had Lunqvist last year).     The Devils hardly get blow anyone out...  so I just cheer the Devils and hope for another 1-0, 2-1 win.

I meant more from a playoffs race not head to head, of course i always root for Devs. My issue is when I need my fantasy goalie to lose to a different team to help the Devs make the playoffs!

I don't know if this is possible, but I'd like to suggest that we bring draft position into the equation next season.

Like, for me personally, I know I'm completely screwed this season.  So I wouldn't have minded trading some pieces to one of the top guys in return for a better draft position next year.

Just my 2c, really had some fun with this league this year but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sorta mailing it in now.

I don't know if this is possible, but I'd like to suggest that we bring draft position into the equation next season.

Like, for me personally, I know I'm completely screwed this season.  So I wouldn't have minded trading some pieces to one of the top guys in return for a better draft position next year.

Just my 2c, really had some fun with this league this year but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sorta mailing it in now.

Draft position does come into play, the winner gets to choose wheer he drafts!

Any chacne we consider a keeper league??

If it was a small enough league where everyone was guaranteed to come back then yeah we could consider keepers or trading draft picks.  But since there's been so much turnover most years, that's not realistic.  With the football league it's the same twelve teams every year with usually one team changing hands every couple years so it's easier to do both there.

Maybe going down to 14 teams next year could make it a more realistic option, depending on how active it is.  

We already know the core active GM's that we could invite to a full roster (4 lines, 3 d pair, 2 goalie) league...   which would reduce significantly the risk of phantom GMs and reduce turnover.
As suggested before, I wouldn't mind a keeper and/or rookie element to this league.

But right now, I just need to focus on becoming a fantasy tri-peat dynasty.

I might not play them right  (or inexplicably play Cam Talbot), but all Boston goalies do is win.    At least I grabbed this one :)

But I seem to get lucky with my goalie picks recently (Quick-Lundqvist-Rask).    Of course they are marquee names, but picking the right year is key too.

Edited by aylbert

Wrong lesson.   If you rely on a team, or worse yet, a line.  You will be boom/bust...   might as well pickup Burrows (I just dumped him last week for another Bruin doing wonders) and go all in with the misery.

Burrows is doing well now too...  but Red picked him up.

I'm still trying to move up to the top 2 or 3, 1st place is just a pipedream at this point...

You need shorties and GWG in the worst way.   If you were just moved to your average you'd be fighting for a spot and your deviation would significantly improve.

Sworn Defenders, mean: 16.82, stdev: 3.83
New Jersey Swamps, mean: 15, stdev: 4.51
Eat Another Donut, mean: 14.04, stdev: 4.08
Nick's Team, mean: 13.96, stdev: 4.68
Dynamo Nation, mean: 12.61, stdev: 5.6
Team Sassquash, mean: 11.75, stdev: 4.81
Eaglejelly, mean: 11.43, stdev: 4.5
Pineys, mean: 11.18, stdev: 6.07
RED and BLACK, mean: 11.14, stdev: 5.79
Zamboni Warriors, mean: 11, stdev: 4.22
Rutgers Devils, mean: 10.18, stdev: 5.09
Cursed Man, mean: 9.61, stdev: 6.54
Devs4LordStanley, mean: 9.43, stdev: 4.28
CLOWWEE RYYDER, mean: 8.96, stdev: 6.77
Oddeck, mean: 8.54, stdev: 5.69
Cody Bubenheimer, mean: 7.82, stdev: 4.56
DH26, mean: 7.11, stdev: 5.34
William's Team, mean: 7, stdev: 6.22
The Beavers, mean: 6.54, stdev: 5.06
Damage Inc., mean: 5.89, stdev: 3.97

You need shorties and GWG in the worst way.   If you were just moved to your average you'd be fighting for a spot and your deviation would significantly improve.

I know, those 2 categories have killed me this year, especially GWG, if you compare me to other teams with simialr goals, they are way ahead in GWG, guess I have alot of 1st period scores, not exactly clutch 3rd period guys...

I know, those 2 categories have killed me this year, especially GWG, if you compare me to other teams with simialr goals, they are way ahead in GWG, guess I have alot of 1st period scores, not exactly clutch 3rd period guys...

I think the issue you are lacking the team's best players they put out in the clutch outside of ROR.  Then again, looking at your roster I would have thought Pavelski would be up there too in GWG given his scoring and team wins.  

• 2 weeks later...

A) Congrats on the kid

B) You currently have 74 of a possible 80 goalie points, how many more you want? :P

Actually now that I got Stepan's two SHP the other night literally the only thing seperating us is the difference in save percentage and shutouts (22.5 points combined)...oh well.