GDT: Preseason Game 1: Rags @ Devs

Coorslight

My first time attending a pre season game.. and man the trash definently comes out for these.. 2 ranger fans sitting behind us in 122 intentionally spilling beer on devil fans.. had a group of ranger fans arguing with us on the train telling us how jersey smells like sh!t this and that.. I told them I was from NY and if they had a problem with jersey to stay out of it

• Like 1

My first time attending a pre season game.. and man the trash definently comes out for these.. 2 ranger fans sitting behind us in 122 intentionally spilling beer on devil fans.. had a group of ranger fans arguing with us on the train telling us how jersey smells like sh!t this and that.. I told them I was from NY and if they had a problem with jersey to stay out of it

F Ranger fans, that's my philosophy. I've never met a single one that ever had an intelligent thing to say. to them, Messier is god, 94 happens over...and they never show respect even when its obvious they should.

Look at Tedenby's scar....I'm really glad he was able to come back from that horrific injury. I know he's a guy that we've all kind of been disapointed in but I'm really pulling for him to have a breakout year and make this squad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgnFx6KiQn8#t=12

Edited by GoArmySports

Look at Tedenby's scar....I'm really glad he was able to come back from that horrific injury. I know he's a guy that we've all kind of been disapointed in but I'm really pulling for him to have a breakout year and make this squad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgnFx6KiQn8#t=12

He is not one for interviews is he. That was nearly as awkward as Larsons interviews after the draft.

Last night was a fun game.  It's just what I like to see in pre-season.  I love this time of year when just so much is going on  and lines aren't set and it's fun to see there was nothing rote about the game.  I'm always let down by Devils pre-season just because it's always set, established, and you know what you're going to see and no one is looking for anything new or trying to really see what's under the hood, you know?  Everyone is just focusing on the game, focus is on hockey, not the other team, not one guy, no one is just taking care of themselves - they're all in a place where they can focus on their teammates.  I love team work like that.

I felt like everyone is at a place where it's safe to show what we've got.  It's so deep, it's fine to show everything - the team is a force to be reckoned with based straight up on personnel  Everyone clicks to a decent extent out there.  I love that.  The chemistry is just there because of who everyone is.  So they can just play their game and the rangers were just blank characterless foes, you know?  THAT'S the way hockey should be.  MY TEAM has the character, the style the control :P  the other guys are just there to make my team more interesting  :evil:

Great game last night! Was hoping to see some Jagr action but to see the young players get some ice time was good. 

Larson, Teddy and Cory were the standouts from what I saw.

And yea, Gelinas shot was something to see!  The crowd wasn't too bad either, the battling back n forth with "Lets go Rangers" vs "Rangers suck!" is always entertaining.

Overall a positive experience, even the dancers looked better this year, haha

So if Brunner makes the team we have one hell of a lineup.

Elias Zajac Jagr

Clowe Henrique Ryder

Zubrus Loktionov Brunner

Olesz Carter Bernier

in a way i really hope Tedenby make it cause i want to see him succeed. I also want to see Brunner signed. But there's no one there that i'd bump out either...if i really had to take out one it would be Olesz but this guy could be really good too.

those are all good problems to have

My 3 stars were Schneiderman, Larsson and Loktionov

Larsson: Boy, what a difference a summer makes. He looks a lot faster and his first step is certainly more explosive. PDB played him 25 minutes and he looked fantastic doing it

Schneider: I think I forgot what real goaltending and positioning looked like. He is just so smooth and has fantastic technique. 

Loktionov: He was dangerous every time he stepped on the ice. I could see him breaking out with 50 points with the right linemates

Larsson: Boy, what a difference a summer makes. He looks a lot faster and his first step is certainly more explosive. PDB played him 25 minutes and he looked fantastic doing it

Schneider: I think I forgot what real goaltending and positioning looked like. He is just so smooth and has fantastic technique.

Loktionov: He was dangerous every time he stepped on the ice. I could see him breaking out with 50 points with the right linemates

Larsson: strength, his hit on Asham looked effortless and it was pretty solid!

Larsson: strength, his hit on Asham looked effortless and it was pretty solid!

Loktionov looked AWESOME. And he was backchecking like a mofo. Plus he's good on the PK so whoever is saying he is a defensive liability doesn't watch games.

Asham was laughing with another ranger player after that hit from Larsson. Probably like damn he got me good

This no touch icing is stupid, pointless, and slows the game down. Get rid of it...what braindead moron would suggest this crap?

Slows it down? It eliminates the waste of time it takes a d-man to skate back and get the puck... If anything it speeds it up, by leaving more time on the clock for offensive play.

Slows it down? It eliminates the waste of time it takes a d-man to skate back and get the puck... If anything it speeds it up, by leaving more time on the clock for offensive play.

What you just stated just proved his point. It does slow down the game as those seconds that are just usually melted away with the icing are now actually played and therefore dragging the game on longer.