Pepsi Center has a new scoreboard...

gardenstatepkwy

Pretty cool but yeah I can't tell if it would be distracting or not unless I actually see it in person.

However, I see this as a trend that is slowly going to go through all professional sports teams that was started by the Cowboys.

The scoreboard at the Rock is nice (well compared to at least the old CCA), but a lot of video board real estate is still taken up by ads instead of something useful.

Im sorry but these giant video boards are getting out of control. Jerry World's screen is plain silly. They seem like theyd be completely distracting. Why do you need a board that large? Are you not watching the game? Do you need to see the kiss-cam bit in 110X75 full hd? A.D.D. culture right here. Stay home if you want to watch TV.

Im sorry but these giant video boards are getting out of control. Jerry World's screen is plain silly. They seem like theyd be completely distracting. Why do you need a board that large? Are you not watching the game? Do you need to see the kiss-cam bit in 110X75 full hd? A.D.D. culture right here. Stay home if you want to watch TV.

Replays

I feel the same way about cell phones that are the size of tablets now.

My iPhone 4S may be small compred to other smartphones, but dammit at least it fits into my pocket.

If you've had seats on the glass or certain other spots down low then you would change your mind. Especially on the side boards it looks like youre looking through the bottom of a pint glass. I dont see the arguement against better features in an arena. If you dont wanna look at it you dont have to. But sometimes if youre sitting in certain seats you absolutely have to look at the video board.

^He took the words out my mouth too. Can't tell you how many times I've watched replays on the press box tvs when I sit up top because they aren't showing it on the big board.

That being said, big screens are not a distraction to me. So long as they don't start to impede on the sight-lines, I could care less.

ADD culture? This is typical, nostalgic, 'back in my day' things were better bs. Back in your day, if they could slap a screen that big up there, they would have, but they couldn't. Just like everyone would have had cell phones if they existed as they do today.

Even the players watch the replays on the big screen. Things happen fast and sometimes you can miss something. Sometimes I re-watch parts of the games on TV when I get home because I know there was a play where I missed something. If I could actually get a good look at a replay on the big screen, I might not have to watch it over again at home.

well hopefully they didn't screw it up like the cowboys and mount it too low haha

Actually the Boys not only met the standards, but had a few inches of leeway. I believe you're referring to AJ Trapasso hitting the bottom of the screen with a punt, and he admitted that he was aiming for it.

Replays

How large a screen do you need to see a replay?

^He took the words out my mouth too. Can't tell you how many times I've watched replays on the press box tvs when I sit up top because they aren't showing it on the big board.

That being said, big screens are not a distraction to me. So long as they don't start to impede on the sight-lines, I could care less.

ADD culture? This is typical, nostalgic, 'back in my day' things were better bs. Back in your day, if they could slap a screen that big up there, they would have, but they couldn't. Just like everyone would have had cell phones if they existed as they do today.

Even the players watch the replays on the big screen. Things happen fast and sometimes you can miss something. Sometimes I re-watch parts of the games on TV when I get home because I know there was a play where I missed something. If I could actually get a good look at a replay on the big screen, I might not have to watch it over again at home.

I consider myself to be young, so I'm not an old fart just bitching. My argument isnt against video boards, just the outlandish, distracting size of them now.

Devsman, I hear ya re the monster sized cell phones

Bartholomew, that's a fair point but I'd imagine that for the majority of fans it's far too distracting to have a screen of that size. I think you'd agree many video boards are large enough where those on the glass can follow the play. The video boards don't need to take up the length of the rink.

Edited by devlman