Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

DevsMan84

You can't have everything you want.

From what I heard tonight it's like 10 people vs everyone else on this issue. Sooner or later the minority will lose out. Clear as day what the majority of fans thought of the change tonight and because they didn't buy into the change you're "embarassed". Get out of here. Have fun cheering along to something with zero beat.

Edited by TheMazz
  • Like 1

Because fans like what they like and hate this forced trash?

Also to the above. LOL I'd love Fandangoing along to the goals but I'm certain most people won't have a clue who Fandango is.

Because our team hears boos after they score a goal at home? One thing to disagree with the change but to boo is pathetic

dude you need to calm down its a game, the fans were not booing at the team, they want the old song back. I guess you never been to a big time D1 football game because its a lot worse

Not the point.  I don't really care what the fans were booing.  Booing at all after a goal is ridiculous.  Not liking the goal song is no reason to boo after a Devils goal.

It's a song. Are you worried Bon Jovi's feelings are hurt because we booed his song? I don't think it could've been more obvious that it was THE SONG being booed and not the team. When the goal scorers were announced, everyone cheered loudly as usual, it was just booing at the end of the song. A sh!tty song got booed and deservedly so. Nothing more, nothing less.

The song was changed for good reason.

It wasn't really changed for good reason, unless they dressed up the strippers better this season.   It's window dressing.  Not something I care about, because my hours mean I'll probably go to 3 games this season, but it's kind of funny.   They probably got 50 complaints, made the change, and will get 1,500 complaints in return.

Hell, I bet I'll be able to go to a youtube of the song tomorrow and there will be a bunch of complaints on there.  LOL

Edited by maxpower

From what I heard tonight it's like 10 people vs everyone else on this issue. Sooner or later the minority will lose out. Clear as day what the majority of fans thought of the change tonight and because they didn't buy into the change you're "embarassed". Get out of here. Have fun cheering along to something with zero beat.

You don't think getting this worked up over a simple goal song change is a tad bit ridiculous?

Because our team hears boos after they score a goal at home? One thing to disagree with the change but to boo is pathetic

I'll agree that they could have gone about that differently...like actually chanting the Hey You Suck! chant in protest instead of full on booing to avoid mass confusion. But hell I boo'ed too. Not at the team (although their play tonight certainly deserved it with a few bright spots) it was a caught up in the moment thing. I wouldn't be shocked if fans do something other then boo next game.

But how else is a fanbase supposed to show disagreement? I've heard multiple people say this but what's the alternative? There's no more effective way to voice an opinion than what was done tonight. I'm all for it. Our crowd has an identity now and it's that we're not gonna get pushed around in our own arena, whether it be by opposing fans or our own management and I for one think it's fantastic.

But how else is a fanbase supposed to show disagreement? I've heard multiple people say this but what's the alternative? There's no more effective way to voice an opinion than what was done tonight. I'm all for it. Our crowd has an identity now and it's that we're not gonna get pushed around in our own arena, whether it be by opposing fans or our own management and I for one think it's fantastic.

See. This guy gets it.

It wasn't really changed for good reason, unless they dressed up the strippers better this season.   It's window dressing.  Not something I care about, because my hours mean I'll probably go to 3 games this season, but it's kind of funny.   They probably got 50 complaints, made the change, and will get 1,500 complaints in return.

Hell, I bet I'll be able to go to a youtube of the song tomorrow and there will be a bunch of complaints on there.  LOL

If it was changed because of the Gary Glitter child molestation thing or if it was changed because of "you suck", then yes in my opinion it was changed for a good reason.

Not the point.  I don't really care what the fans were booing.  Booing at all after a goal is ridiculous.  Not liking the goal song is no reason to boo after a Devils goal.

The song was changed for good reason.

The players knew it was because of the song. They were laughing about it, they were talking about it after the game signing autographs.

Yelling "You Suck" after scoring a goal isn't offensive because "suck" is a bad word. It is offensive because it's not creative, not funny, low class and ends up being yelled regardless if we're winning or not.

This dumb chant makes me think our fan base has a bunch of people like this in the stands. http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/294/980/6b5.jpg

Celebrate the goal with the team, cheer them on. R&R pt 2 was a great goal song but "you suck" is why we can't have nice things.

Chant Lundqvist sucks or Flyers suck all you want, but try not to celebrate a goal like an idiot just because there is a mob doing it.

• Like 1

Yelling "You Suck" after scoring a goal isn't offensive because "suck" is a bad word. It is offensive because it's not creative, not funny, low class and ends up being yelled regardless if we're winning or not.

This dumb chant makes me think our fan base has a bunch of people like this in the stands. http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/294/980/6b5.jpg

Celebrate the goal with the team, cheer them on. R&R pt 2 was a great goal song but "you suck" is why we can't have nice things.

Chant Lundqvist sucks or Flyers suck all you want, but try not to celebrate a goal like an idiot just because there is a mob doing it.

Yes. Saying "Hey the opposing team sucks" is "low brow" but chanting "Flyers swallow" isn't.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Edited by TheMazz
  • Like 1

I will agree though cheering this song being down by 3 goals is dumb. But if its close or winning I am all for it

There was no reason to voice any opinion tonight.  It's just a song!

You're doing the same thing about the reaction, ya know

Except the fan reaction is worthy of criticism.

The players knew it was because of the song. They were laughing about it, they were talking about it after the game signing autographs.

I'm sure they do know.  But that doesn't make it right to boo after a goal regardless.

If it was changed because of the Gary Glitter child molestation thing or if it was changed because of "you suck", then yes in my opinion it was changed for a good reason.

It wasn't changed because of Gary Glitter, it was because some prudes don't like the word "suck" and complained to the team.   Never mind the strippers and the never ending parade of drunks, we can't have the word "suck" be uttered

Yes. Saying "Hey the opposing team sucks" is "low brow" but chanting "Flyers swallow" isn't.

The "Flyers swallow" chant is distasteful for sure.  But chanting "you suck" is not the right way to celebrate a goal.

I will agree though cheering this song being down by 3 goals is dumb. But if its close or winning I am all for it

I think it's dumb no matter what the score is.  But whatever.  This argument has been beaten to death.

There was no reason to voice any opinion tonight.  It's just a song!

Clearly the majority of people feel differently. I always used to hear a few scattered complaints about "you suck" but tonight was most of the crowd reacting to something they disagreed with. We were all paying customers, we have the right to voice an opinion. If it's "just a song", then why do you seem so STRONGLY against it? Try to see another point of view sometime. It's an interesting concept.

I was actually sitting there dreading whether we'd be booing the thing if someone scored an OT winner.  What an embarassment THAT would have been.

And it's funny all these people that supposedly hate 'you suck'...none of them came to the game tonight.

Edited by NJDevs4978

It wasn't changed because of Gary Glitter, it was because some prudes don't like the word "suck" and complained to the team.   Never mind the strippers and the never ending parade of drunks, we can't have the word "suck" be uttered

Mindboggling to me considering it's a SYNONYME FOR STINKS!!! "Sucks" is as non-offensive as you can get. It's like "ass" or "damn" or "Hell" (no pun intended) if you think "sucks" is a bad word these days...in 2013 you need to come outside more often.

Flyers swallow is trashy too. "Flyers swallow " and "you suck" seem to have started around the same time. At least that is yelled randomly and not as a celebration ritual.

The "Flyers swallow" chant is distasteful for sure.  But chanting "you suck" is not the right way to celebrate a goal.

I think it's dumb no matter what the score is.  But whatever.  This argument has been beaten to death.

I bet you that you did the chant too, if you say didn't your a lair because everybody does it in the arena

It's not the word itself.  It's the fact we use the phrase "you suck" as a way to celebrate a goal, and it's stupid.  

And if you think the dancers resemble strippers, I'd like to know what strip clubs you go to.  I'm not a fan of the dancers either.  But who cares?  Those girls love dancing, and they get a chance to do it professionally.  You don't have to look at them if you don't want to.

So now its low class? My goodness the high horse of morality some of you people have is ridicilious.