Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

DevsMan84

I almost couldn't blame the fans for booing after the first one just because it was so bad...almost couldn't blame them.

I have no idea who (if anyone) voted for that. I've never even heard of the artist and I write for a music site. I thought Devils fans were pimping out FOB, My Chemical Romance and Gaslight Anthem. I was expecting one of those three tonight. Not some random ass "Monster Truck" song. (LOLWHO)

It sounded like a bunch of noise tonight. Random ass noise and I have no idea how anyone could say that was a good goal horn. It deserved the Bon Jovi response that it got tonight because I think managment is just pulling our chain and picking their own songs with a winner already in mind.

building was pretty dead tonight. Only 13,200 and it looked it. Haven't seen that small a crowd in a while.

Even that section 122 group sounded subdued. It also sounded like they got marching orders. Whenever a "Rangers Suck/Flyers Swallow/Crosby Watches chant got started they tried to drown it out with Lets Go Devils.

I don't even remember what the goal song was. Some generic rock tune. Didn't sound too terrible. I was just happy to see a goal in person. But after the song stopped playing there were very audible boos. And it wasn't just 1 section. It was coming from all sides

I hated the atmosphere today. You have RR part 2 gone, people booing after goals, Diablos under surveillance, obscene chants still going on, Diablos shouting down obscene chants, still some audible YOU SUCKS after goals.

what a mess

Edited by '7'

building was pretty dead tonight. Only 13,200 and it looked it. Haven't seen that small a crowd in a while.

Even that section 122 group sounded subdued. It also sounded like they got marching orders. Whenever a "Rangers Suck/Flyers Swallow/Crosby Watches chant got started they tried to drown it out with Lets Go Devils.

I don't even remember what the goal song was. Some generic rock tune. Didn't sound too terrible. I was just happy to see a goal in person. But after the song stopped playing there were very audible boos.

It wasn't even a good generic rock tune. It just sounded like jumbled noise. It brought nothing to the atmosphere of the building whatsoever. This doesn't even have to do with being able to chant "You suck" to it. You couldn't even chant HEY! HEY! HEY! or anything at all to that thing. There was quite a bit of booing by my section after the song was over.

Edited by TheMazz

I don't even remember what the goal song was. Some generic rock tune. Didn't sound too terrible. I was just happy to see a goal in person. But after the song stopped playing there were very audible boos.

Oh they definitely got marching orders...they wouldn't chant 'WE ARE...JERSEY!' on their own volition :lol:  Kinda sad really, me and Zubie#8 were making puppet jokes about it.

I have no idea who (if anyone) voted for that. I've never even heard of the artist and I write for a music site. I thought Devils fans were pimping out FOB, My Chemical Romance and Gaslight Anthem. I was expecting one of those three tonight. Not some random ass "Monster Truck" song. (LOLWHO)

It sounded like a bunch of noise tonight. Random ass noise and I have no idea how anyone could say that was a good goal horn. It deserved the Bon Jovi response that it got tonight because I think managment is just pulling our chain and picking their own songs with a winner already in mind.

It was 'Righteous Smoke' by Monster Truck.  The only reason I know that is they posted it on the jumbotron during warmups.  I think it's the Calgary Flames' goal song too, but I don't get how that could EVER work as a goal song really.

At this point I wouldn't be shocked if the owners were just picking their own generic stuff after the fans annoyed them with the 'you suck' chants Saturday night. 

It was 'Righteous Smoke' by Monster Truck.  The only reason I know that is they posted it on the jumbotron during warmups.  I think it's the Calgary Flames' goal song too, but I don't get how that could EVER work as a goal song really.

At this point I wouldn't be shocked if the owners were just picking their own generic stuff after the fans annoyed them with the 'you suck' chants Saturday night. 

Didn't the Flames use Barbera Streisand at one point? That shows how much they know about picking goal songs. 

I believe that threory as well. Especally since I didn't read ONE Devils fan on the two fan boards I go on mention that song.

Oh they definitely got marching orders...they wouldn't chant 'WE ARE...JERSEY!' on their own volition :lol:  Kinda sad really, me and Zubie#8 were making puppet jokes about it.

The WE ARE....JERSEY stuff was cringe worthy. I know that's a slogan on the Devils intro video but it just sounds too contrived and a rip off of one of the college chants (is it We Are Penn State?) I don't see it ever becoming a thing.

• Like 1

The WE ARE....JERSEY stuff was cringe worthy. I know that's a slogan on the Devils intro video but it just sounds too contrived and a rip off of one of the college chants (is it We Are Penn State?) I don't see it ever becoming a thing.

I really was close to yelling "PIPE IT!" I love the concept of the Diablos. I think there are a few posters that are apart of the Diablos. However I know I'll get heat for this but I think that whole section and group is close to jumping the shark and becoming a group of sell outs.

I'm at the point where I really don't care what the goal song is as long as it's something that brings some energy to the building. Tonight's song was AWFUL. Absolutely killed any life the crowd had. Between that and the fact that no music from the past two decades was played, it really felt like I was back in CAA tonight.

I really was close to yelling "PIPE IT!" I love the concept of the Diablos. I think there are a few posters that are apart of the Diablos. However I know I'll get heat for this but I think that whole section and group is close to jumping the shark and becoming a group of sell outs.

Well with $100 season tickets they are pretty much obligated to follow the Devils' wishes, both tacitly and overtly.

And yes it felt like the morgue tonight.  I really don't remember whether it was as dead as it was early two years ago, but it seems like it wasn't quite that dead most of the time.

• Like 1

Like Fonzie in happy days, they have completely jumped the Shark...although it seems like it has been forced upon them by management. Completely sad.

It jumped the shark the moment that group went from being the supporters to the diablos. Buying your way into the "super fan section" is not exactly grass roots. They were never really as loud most nights as they claimed they were as well.