Fantastic News! Devils predicted to finish near the bottom

msweet

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2013/09/devils_ranked_second-worst_eastern_conference_team_according_to_sports_illustrated.html

The Devils' offseason was somewhat rough for die-hards. And they may not like seeing whereSports Illustrated's Brian Cazeneuveranked New Jersey on his preseason power rankings.

The Devils were ranked as the Eastern Conference's second-worst team, one spot better than the Florida Panthers.

"The Devils were the NHL's lowest-scoring team even with Ilya Kovalchuk," Cazeneuve wrote. "Now that the sniper has retired from the NHL in order to play in Russia and David Clarkson has signed with Toronto as a free agent, the leftovers are skimpy." They include Patrik Elias and Travis Zajac, as he pointed out, while also joking about the age of Jaromir Jagr, who "is supposed to infuse the offense. With what? Geritol?"

It always bothers me when too many people pick us to do well, so I'm kind of enjoying these "bottom of the metro-lantic" predictions.

Of course, we could well finish exactly there, and being in a playoff position is going to be tough with the new alignment. But I think if this team can gel quickly, it surprises.

All right, everybody. We got 10 minutes to game time. Let's all gather round. I'm not much for giving inspirational addresses, but I'd just like to point out that every newspaper in the country has picked us to finish last. The local press seems to think we'd save everyone a lot of time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me? I'm for wasting sportswriters' time. So, I'd like to hang around and see if we can give 'em all a nice big sh!t burger to eat.

• Like 1

Well to be honest if we werent devils fans im pretty sure we'd them there too at first glance.

Again a good way to put it is that if id really want to win a nhl14 game... Id probably not pick NJ with the level talent we have.

The things that make us win is hard work, forecheck and all that... If youre not a fan watching all the game you dont really know that

Well to be honest if we werent devils fans im pretty sure we'd them there too at first glance.

Again a good way to put it is that if id really want to win a nhl14 game... Id probably not pick NJ with the level talent we have.

The things that make us win is hard work, forecheck and all that... If youre not a fan watching all the game you dont really know that

The Devils are better than almost everyone in NHL 14. 4.5 stars on offense. defense, and goaltending

Geez really? I didnt get the game yet lol gotta admit im surprised i thought our d and offence would be really low

they still overinflate Volchenkov based on his Ottawa days and Larsson's like an 83 I think or something and so's Zidlicky so that already's more than most other teams 

Yeah, EA liked the additions of Clowe, Ryder and Jagr. Especially considering Ryder and Jagr are good 'video game players'. All's ya need is a great shot 

the devils pretty much have everyone on the team in the 80-84 range on offense and defense plus Schneider/over inflated Brodeur since he's on the cover (not that he wasn't in the last game too) and the rating goes up though nobody's gonna be clamoring to play with Michael Ryder and Ryane Clowe 

Typical lazy journalism. Rinse and repeat.

I firmly believe the Devils will comfortably make the playoffs and possibly go far. This is the most depth ive seen on this team in many years. And, goaltending shouldnt be an issue this year for a change.

Edited by devlman

This is the 2002-03 team reincarnated. Two years removed from losing in the Final, big names leave, scrappy players enter. If DeBo can push buttons half as well as Burnsie did, then this team could surprise a lot of people.

Minus #4 and #27

slighty important players ; )