Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marshall

Denis Brodeur has passed away

42 posts in this topic

RIP Denis.  Peace to your family.

From what I read, Marty wouldn't have made it to Montreal in time.  Having been through that, I wish Marty strength and peace.

If the Devils do something to honor him on opening night, I believe a DE-NIS chant is in store.

If the Devils do something to honor him on opening night, I believe a DE-NIS chant is in store.

If the Devils do something or not, that be an awesome chant to honour Brodeur, his dad, and the rest of his family.

Edited by Steven M.

Why are we always so blase about the death of people we don't know personally? I mean, I want to wish RIP as much as anyone but at the same time we shouldn't introduce these threads as "action news" type things. A little more delicacy rather than throwing out anything just to be "first", that's all I'm saying. 

Edited by Neb00rs

sad. they had a moment of silence for him last night at the game.

They did? Was it at the beginning? I was a few minutes late getting there last night. Sorry I missed it. RIP.

I'm glad he was able to see it all before he went, including the Devils drafting his grandson Anthony

They did? Was it at the beginning? I was a few minutes late getting there last night. Sorry I missed it. RIP.

yes it was the very beginning before the national anthem.

Having just lost my Nan , who was of a similar age and in similar cirumstances (my cousin flew back from Australia to try and make it back in time but couldn't, Nan had cancer) i really sympathise with what the Brodeur family are going through.

R.I.P Denis, you will be missed by many , many people.

RIP Mr.Brodeur....It is never easy losing a family member and you were surely a part of the Devils family.

He lived a blessed life. He took some of the most iconic images in hockey history (the Henderson goal, that was Denis Brodeur) he birthed one of the greatest goalies ever. He lived to see his grandson drafted.

RIP Denis, thanks for all you've given hockey and my condolences to the Brodeur family

RIP Denis. Wish he'd gotten to see Marty retire. You know there's gonna be a lot of love for him. Hope Marty made it back on time.