2013-14 Albany Devils and ECHL Thread

thefiestygoat

Kinkaid, with a K.

I don't understand how so many people misspell it.

Holy Jesus does Adam Larsson have a nice outlet pass.  He's also doing a better job getting deflectable wrist shots on net. He isn't getting as many shots blocked as he was in NJ.

Totally agree, he looked great the other night. Maybe he's ready to play at a high level, or maybe he's just more comfortable down there.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Larsson ever stopped being ready to play at a high level. I can't think of too many games (or one in Salvador's case) that our captain or Volchenkov looked better than Larsson during his time here.

My only gripe was that Larsson could, at times, look a bit timid out there. Which is totally and completely understandable mind you, being a 21 year old boy against men.

But that's one thing Salvador and Volchenkov bring that Larsson doesn't - grittiness/feirceness. Is that enough to warrant playing time over Larsson? I don't think so, but what do I know.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

larsson has a great pass period, that's it.

he basically has a no contact jersey on in the AHL so thats a double negative.

he seems to make anyone hes paired with look real good so, take that as you will.

Albelin is in his ear aaaaaaaallllll game long, like a pet project so take that as you will too.

i can go on but just my observation.

Yeah let's not start KKK

And Christ, I'm not a spelling Nazi usually but come on...Brodeur.  Know how to spell the name of arguably the most important player this franchise has ever had.

Let's throw a little more fire on all this...

Larsson and Gelinas are scratched in Albany right now. Okay, likely getting called back up tomorrow, sure.

Maxime Clermont just got called up to Albany: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Clermont-Reassigned-to-Albany.html?soid=1102789713664&aid=8tJA1XtR3qA

Because I'm a logical man, I believe that Clermont is up because Kinkaid perhaps aggravated his injury playing this weekend. Wedgewood is starting in Albany today.

But I suppose this also could point to a Brodeur thing too.

Let's throw a little more fire on all this...

Larsson and Gelinas are scratched in Albany right now. Okay, likely getting called back up tomorrow, sure.

Maxime Clermont just got called up to Albany: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Clermont-Reassigned-to-Albany.html?soid=1102789713664&aid=8tJA1XtR3qA

Because I'm a logical man, I believe that Clermont is up because Kinkaid perhaps aggravated his injury playing this weekend. Wedgewood is starting in Albany today.

But I suppose this also could point to a Brodeur thing too.

Or they just don't want to risk having Kinkaid play three games in a row just coming back from injury and are scratching him for today, having Clermont be second string.

Larsson and Gelinas are more interesting but knowing how Lou trolls us Larsson's probably just sitting to avoid playing a 3-in-3.  I don't think Gelinas could have played at all during the break anyway because we screwed up the timing sending him down.

Edited by NJDevs26

Gelinas played last night - the break is over.  Once NHL practices resumed, players in the AHL who'd earned a break could resume playing there.

Someone is saying that Larsson is not at the game, which could point to a callup, and would likely mean a trade or injury, because they have 7 guys already.

Gelinas played last night - the break is over.  Once NHL practices resumed, players in the AHL who'd earned a break could resume playing there.

Someone is saying that Larsson is not at the game, which could point to a callup, and would likely mean a trade or injury, because they have 7 guys already.

Don't think TG or Chere reported anything about missing dmen over the last few days

Gelinas played last night - the break is over. Once NHL practices resumed, players in the AHL who'd earned a break could resume playing there.

Could it have anything to do with Zidlicky or whoever getting a rest before the first game on Thursday? I remember Lou or DeBoer saying that the Olympians might not start practicing until the middle of the week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could it have anything to do with Zidlicky or whoever getting a rest before the first game on Thursday? I remember Lou or DeBoer saying that the Olympians might not start practicing until the middle of the week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Lou said Olympians would practice Monday.

Even if, there are still 6 dmen who are healthy and with NJ:  Sal, Volch, Merrill, Harrold, Greene, Fayne.  Hopefully something on the trade front is brewing 

I guess I'll give a brief update on this weekend's games since Feisty has been away for a few days. 

Albany finished off a perfect weekend with three wins in three days:

Friday-

Albany knocked off Adirondack 4-2

Scoring for Albany:

Matteau (10) from Larsson and Zajac

Sislo (14)

Pelley (11)

Sislo (15) from Larsson and Pesonen

Kinkaid earned the win with 30 saves on 32 shots

Saturday-

Albany defeated Norfolk 4-1

Matteau (11) from Larsson and Kelly