2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

So I'm trying to figure out how I should read the standings this year. With the old format, I always just looked at the conference standings. But with this new deal, I'm not sure if I should look at the division, the conference... This stupid league, I'm tired of them constantly changing sh!t.

So I'm trying to figure out how I should read the standings this year. With the old format, I always just looked at the conference standings. But with this new deal, I'm not sure if I should look at the division, the conference... This stupid league, I'm tired of them constantly changing sh!t.

well we pretty much have to try to be in the top 3 in our division and look if we have more points than the 4th in the other division

Look at the conference and keep in mind who is in which division.

Division if we're in the top three, conference if we're not :P

Division if we're in the top three, conference if we're not :P

Good call, this is probably what I'll do. Can someone also refresh my memory on how the playoff matchups are decided now? I know they tweaked that too. Edited by MadDog2020

Good call, this is probably what I'll do. Can someone also refresh my memory on how the playoff matchups are decided now? I know they tweaked that too.

Top 3 in each div make it. Two wildcards. Here's where it gets weird. #1 seed plays the worst wildcard, which may come from out of div. Everyone else plays inside their div for the 1st rd. Basically how it was before 1-4 and 2-3 are the matchups in division. Can't both wildcards come from the same division though? fvck, now I'm confused.

Edit: This explains it better, lol.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/the-explainer-new-nhl-playoff-seeding-format-1.1871216

Edited by ATLL765