Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daniel

2013-14 OOT Thread

1,872 posts in this topic

Figured I'd start this a little early to point out how much I like what Tom Wilson has shown. Yes, preseason and all, but I have a feeling we'll hate playing this guy 5-6 times a year.

Hate playing whom?

Tom Wilson, on the Caps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gonna miss that shot :(

but that's one of the nicer hits I've seen from Poni

Didn't think this deserves it's own thread, so I put it here.

http://t.co/VHMXXijTJF

Hahaha, imagine if he'd broken his leg?

And then his other leg?

And then his pecker?

That would be, that would be bad.

EDIT: "pecker"? We can say cock-gurgling thunder-++++ but can't say pecker?

EDIT 2: guess we can't say that either.

EDIT 3: I can't hate the Blue Jackets, but now that we're "division rivals" with them, they can suck a fvck.

EDIT 5: let's go Devils

EDIT 6: bet you didn't notice that I skipped EDIT 4. cuz, go stevens.

Edited by Martyisth3b3st
2 people like this

James van Riemsdyk scores the first goal of the 2013-14 NHL season.

30 minute banner ceremony seems a bit excessive, but what do I know.

30 minute banner ceremony seems a bit excessive, but what do I know.

I know the CBA has regulations for how long those ceremonies can be and teams can face fines if they allow the celebrations to go on too long.

Man the Caps could be such a good team if they had even average goaltending.

I mean, I guess it's a good thing Holtby is terrible, since they're in the Devils' division now. 

Man the Caps could be such a good team if they had even average goaltending.

Seems to me almost every team that played tonight could say the same thing.

There were some real leaky goals given up tonight.   Wonder why.   Trouba's goal was an early 90's special.

So I'm trying to figure out how I should read the standings this year. With the old format, I always just looked at the conference standings. But with this new deal, I'm not sure if I should look at the division, the conference... This stupid league, I'm tired of them constantly changing sh!t.

So I'm trying to figure out how I should read the standings this year. With the old format, I always just looked at the conference standings. But with this new deal, I'm not sure if I should look at the division, the conference... This stupid league, I'm tired of them constantly changing sh!t.

well we pretty much have to try to be in the top 3 in our division and look if we have more points than the 4th in the other division

Look at the conference and keep in mind who is in which division.

Not sure about the next 3 years but right now, the Flyers' Lecavelier deal is looking pretty damn good. He came up North to play, that's for sure.

Division if we're in the top three, conference if we're not :P

Flyers PP looks absolutely awful, which is crazy when you consider the talent they have out there.

Division if we're in the top three, conference if we're not :P

Good call, this is probably what I'll do. Can someone also refresh my memory on how the playoff matchups are decided now? I know they tweaked that too. Edited by MadDog2020

Good call, this is probably what I'll do. Can someone also refresh my memory on how the playoff matchups are decided now? I know they tweaked that too.

Top 3 in each div make it. Two wildcards. Here's where it gets weird. #1 seed plays the worst wildcard, which may come from out of div. Everyone else plays inside their div for the 1st rd. Basically how it was before 1-4 and 2-3 are the matchups in division. Can't both wildcards come from the same division though? fvck, now I'm confused.

Edit: This explains it better, lol.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/the-explainer-new-nhl-playoff-seeding-format-1.1871216

Edited by ATLL765

Scott Gomez has scored before the Devils this season lol.