Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daniel

2013-14 OOT Thread

1,872 posts in this topic

Devils HAVE actually gotten a fair amount of help the past few weeks.  They just haven't done a damned thing with it...9-9-2 in their last 20 GP (since 1/24).  If anything, it's kind of amazing they're not completely out of it at this point.  But if they had gone something like 13-6-1 (hell, even 12-8-0), they'd be in pretty good shape.  They have no one to blame but themselves. 

Anyway, the Leaf slump that just about everyone thought would happen finally has, but they probably played over their heads just long enough to withstand it...I have a feeling they'll recover just enough to get in (though of course I hope they keep sinking). 

so just like that the leafs went from 9pts cushion to out of the playoff within 10 days

so just like that the leafs went from 9pts cushion to out of the playoff within 10 days

That's why I always felt it's better to simply try to get to a certain point total (93 ish) instead of focusing on how many points ahead or behind you are.  Let's say you only have 80 points, but are 10 points ahead of the team behind you.  As a team and a fanbase, you should know 80 won't be enough to get in, so you need to know not to let up.

Good, they've been absolutely terrible all year and can't believe they even made it to 80 points.

There simply was no place for him on this team.  

I am not upset that we lost Loktionov...not too upset. However, I see no truth in this statement. 

I am not upset that we lost Loktionov...not too upset. However, I see no truth in this statement. 

He wasn't gonna displace Zajac or Elias.  And he's not a very good winger.  He's also not a very good 3rd line center.  He needs to be a 1st or 2nd line center with skilled wingers.  How was he gonna get that here?

Also, he wanted to be traded.  He was unhappy here.

Finally the Flyers rough schedule is starting to rear its ugly head.  It won't get any easier either.  Their next game against Toronto is going to be interesting though.

I heard flyers throwing their typical cheap shots with 3 secs to go tonight. Anyone able to get gifs?

I heard flyers throwing their typical cheap shots with 3 secs to go tonight. Anyone able to get gifs?

Mostly just Simmonds up to his usual bullsh!t.  Such a goon.

irosvInTUF6Dz.gif

ibj5obNzBWPrno.gif

Edited by Devilsfan118

Mostly just Simmonds up to his usual bullsh!t. Such a goon.

irosvInTUF6Dz.gif

ibj5obNzBWPrno.gif

jesus he couldve easily broken his hand what a piece of sh!t.

Rinaldo supposedly was acting like a goon late too

Simmonds needs to be suspended for a good chunk of change...teach him a lesson.

That guy Rinaldo has no place in the NHL or any professional hockey league, and any team that employs him I will lose all respect for. Good for Phi and NYR that I didn't have any in the first place.

Loktionov now with 5 points in his last 5 games.

He made a strong impression here initially too, FWIW.

Loktionov didn't want to be here and the organization obliged.  If he does well then all the power to him.

overall a good-ish night for the Devils

despite defying the laws of all corsi-fenwick it will all even out nerds, he Devils again proved that they flat out choke in the shootout.

However, down 2-0 they gutted out a point vs the Coyotes and gained a point on both Detroit and Columbus tonight. Not a bad thing. It's better going to sleep 4 out than 5 out. Winnable game on the island on saturday

I'm not really trying to make a statement with the Lokti stuff. Just pointing it out for any who might be interested.

Anyone watching the isles game? Clutterbuck was given a game misconduct... During the shootout.

Don't know why. Trash talking?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

just read that the rags fans were chanting "you got sanchez" at the flyers fans LMAO

Lmfao, that's pretty funny.

Anyone watching the isles game? Clutterbuck was given a game misconduct... During the shootout.

Don't know why. Trash talking?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

all you have to do is utter whatever the magic word is to the ref and he can give you a misconduct

I'm not really trying to make a statement with the Lokti stuff. Just pointing it out for any who might be interested.

Neither was I.  Just my opinion.  Chill.