Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daniel

2013-14 OOT Thread

1,872 posts in this topic

I'm glad things worked out the way they did last night. We've been an injured howling dog for weeks; we were better off being put down now than the inevitable happening next week or the week after. At least I can go on with my month of April not giving a sh!t and just go to the games to enjoy watching live hockey 4 more times until September, I'm numb.

Edited by DJ Eco

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Metropolitan/NewJersey.html

Even with 92 points it shows slightly under 80% chance to get in. We would have to go 6-0-0. I don't see this team stringing together 6 wins.

Also, you are not an idiot for continuing to watch the games. I will watch them too even though I have already come to terms with the fact that we are not making the playoffs. Support your team through the good and bad, etc...yadda yadda yadda. Nothing wrong with that. 

Yeah I hear ya, but when I watch games I have to go out of my way to see them, and most of the time I am suffering through less-than-superb quality and often skips/lags since I have to watch it on a laptop on whatever stream I can find.  It'd be one thing if I lived in the tri-state area and could still watch the game while at a friend's house on a Fri/Sat night, or even watching the game in the background if it was on a bar, but since I'm not then watching the games means me passing up spending time with friends/family on those said days.  When the team doesn't play well and ultimately misses the playoffs, especially in the waning weeks when more than likely the final 2-3 games of the year won't mean anything at all for us, it makes me feel sh!tty and like I am wasting my time because I am really busy lately and I am arguably in the prime of my life, so it honestly gets me a little depressed when I devote my time to watch the team I love and they don't win so I feel like I could have spent my time better and doing something that really matters in life (only saying this because, in the end, hockey is "a game", despite the fact that most of us would say we love the team more than life itself)

Sorry for rambling, I'm just frustrated and anxious for tonight's game.

Yeah I hear ya, but when I watch games I have to go out of my way to see them, and most of the time I am suffering through less-than-superb quality and often skips/lags since I have to watch it on a laptop on whatever stream I can find.  It'd be one thing if I lived in the tri-state area and could still watch the game while at a friend's house on a Fri/Sat night, or even watching the game in the background if it was on a bar, but since I'm not then watching the games means me passing up spending time with friends/family on those said days.  When the team doesn't play well and ultimately misses the playoffs, especially in the waning weeks when more than likely the final 2-3 games of the year won't mean anything at all for us, it makes me feel sh!tty and like I am wasting my time because I am really busy lately and I am arguably in the prime of my life, so it honestly gets me a little depressed when I devote my time to watch the team I love and they don't win so I feel like I could have spent my time better and doing something that really matters in life (only saying this because, in the end, hockey is "a game", despite the fact that most of us would say we love the team more than life itself)

Sorry for rambling, I'm just frustrated and anxious for tonight's game.

Seriously man, enjoy the prime of your life. Missing games for other plans is not a bad thing. Hockey will always be around, but those times with people you care about have a way of disappearing as you get a little older.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

I have to miss most of the games this year because of school and work... but i still went to 4 games this year (Schneider win vs Blue Jackets, the Bruins debacle game, S/O losses to coyotes and blue jackets so 1-1-2). I'll be graduating college this year so I'm going to try and go to more games next year (probably doing weekday partial plan or something). But I treat the devils as an enjoyment to life and if they lose, then theres always next year. But, I will always cheer on my boys so LGD!

Well yea, if you got other things to do go do that instead. I'm going to go drink and play some games with a friend today instead of watching the Devs (though i'll monitor the updates on my phone).

Edited by mrthemike

Seriously man, enjoy the prime of your life. Missing games for other plans is not a bad thing. Hockey will always be around, but those times with people you care about have a way of disappearing as you get a little older.

Psh, speak for yourself man. I'll always regard those other Devils fans with social lives as dirty, filthy casuals.

/heavy sacrasm

Yeah, I am trying to.  In fact, fortunately since the game is on NBCSN tonight, as much as I wouldn't mind watching it on my couch in my own home for once rather than the laptop, I will actually more than likely be going out and meeting a friend too, so hopefully I'll be able to catch it wherever we go. 

Don't get your eyes too big, the Flyers have Buffalo and Florida coming up the next two games, they probably won't blow those games like we have.

Not worried about catching the Phailures, 'aint happening. Columbus is the team to focus on.

Not worried about catching the Phailures, 'aint happening. Columbus is the team to focus on.

If the Flyers go only 1-4-0 the rest of the way, they can absolutely be caught.  Probably won't happen since their schedule the rest of the way is pretty easy.

If the Flyers go only 1-4-0 the rest of the way, they can absolutely be caught. Probably won't happen since their schedule the rest of the way is pretty easy.

I can't read your posts any more. If my grandma had a dick she'd be my grandpa.

I can't read your posts any more. If my grandma had a dick she'd be my grandpa.

Is the Flyers going 1-4-0 really that outrageous?  It's certainly unlikely because of their easy schedule, but what is so wrong with what I said?

Edited by Mike Brown

Jets win, Isles win, that's what we need today.

im watching the isles game now.. only because there is literally nothing else on to watch but its probably the only game of the year that i hope these bums actually win.. but since thats so much to ask and it would be helping us out in some way, shape or form im sure they'll roll over and die

Well, THAT was certainly grabasstic nonsense.

3-2 Islanders, 7:30 left in the 2nd.