2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

They control their own fate.  I just want to rub it in if we make it.  So many downers on here usually.  Many who have "Believe" posters in their sigs. 

Even though I removed by 'Believe' sig a few months ago, that was from a different time. That started the year the Dev had the MacLean fiasco and actually gave us a reason to have hope. We had such high hopes for that team and they ended up being so bad and we took so much sh!t for it, that we needed something. I considered that mission accomplished when we went to the SCF the next year.

Even though I removed by 'Believe' sig a few months ago, that was from a different time. That started the year the Dev had the MacLean fiasco and actually gave us a reason to have hope. We had such high hopes for that team and they ended up being so bad and we took so much sh!t for it, that we needed something. I considered that mission accomplished when we went to the SCF the next year.

While this is true, there is still significance in the word itself.  Believing in something doesn't have to mission I feel.  I remember when everyone who posted had those sigs and I think the sig is still relevant. 

While this is true, there is still significance in the word itself.  Believing in something doesn't have to mission I feel.  I remember when everyone who posted had those sigs and I think the sig is still relevant. 

I don't think there's a lot of negativity on the board. There just is a frustration with those who would make ti seem that way.

We need to depend on the useless fvcking Islanders again tomorrow, so I'm not counting on any help there.

Ugh.  That's a great prospect after watching them throw up on themselves and blow a 2-goal lead today.

We need to depend on the useless fvcking Islanders again tomorrow, so I'm not counting on any help there.

Ugh.  That's a great prospect after watching them throw up on themselves and blow a 2-goal lead today.

The Islanders are 5-0-2 in their last seven GP.  They also shut out Columbus on March 23, and also recently beat Carolina and Ottawa in what were must-wins for those teams.  Not really useless at all.

With the way it looks now, the Flyers and Wings are within reach.  I personally think this team should try and get the first wild card to avoid the Bruins.  Pittsburgh is a team we can definitely beat, and give them problems.  I'd also like to avoid the Rags since they too are not a favorable matchup for the Devils.  Detroit is the team I want to overtake right now.

With the way it looks now, the Flyers and Wings are within reach.  I personally think this team should try and get the first wild card to avoid the Bruins.  Pittsburgh is a team we can definitely beat, and give them problems.  I'd also like to avoid the Rags since they too are not a favorable matchup for the Devils.  Detroit is the team I want to overtake right now.

The wings and flyers are not in reach. We will be lucky to win the remainder of our games and squeak into the 8th seed.

Seriously, shut up.  This is an idiotic post, even for you.  The Devils are going to have a hell of a time just getting in...even with this 4-0-3 run, they STILL have a hell of a lot of work to do.  They can't really afford go any worse than 3-0-1 in the next four...one regulation loss and they're toast.  They're not in any position to worry about who they're going to face...all they can do is keep winning and keep hoping for help. 

Seriously, shut up.  This is an idiotic post, even for you.  The Devils are going to have a hell of a time just getting in...even with this 4-0-3 run, they STILL have a hell of a lot of work to do.  They can't really afford go any worse than 3-0-1 in the next four...one regulation loss and they're toast.  They're not in any position to worry about who they're going to face...all they can do is keep winning and keep hoping for help. 

jump-the-shark.jpg

I mean really MB...can we not jump the shark here?  At least let's GET in a playoff position first before we start worrying about catching other teams.

beggers are now choosers?

With the way it looks now, the Flyers and Wings are within reach. I personally think this team should try and get the first wild card to avoid the Bruins. Pittsburgh is a team we can definitely beat, and give them problems. I'd also like to avoid the Rags since they too are not a favorable matchup for the Devils. Detroit is the team I want to overtake right now.

Come on MB!!

After how things have gone and then luck we are getting wouldn't you just be happy to make the show? I would take playing any of the top teams if it means we make it.

I think you did what I did last night after looking at the standings after the win.  I thought the same thing about playoffs matchups, but you're going off the assumption that the other teams are going to lose out.  You're forgetting that 1) Philly has a game in hand 2) They would literally have to lose every game so far, which is not likely.  There may be reasons for optimism now, but there is still a lot of work to be done by these guys, and we're down Clowe, Henrique, and Elias as of today.  Think before you communicate.

No, no, no.  You guys are misunderstanding him.  See what MB is trying to say is that if they set their goals higher, even if they are unable to catch Detroit or Philly, if they at least come close they will probably have passed Columbus and gotten a playoff spot.  That's what his point was, you all just misunderstood. :P