Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daniel

2013-14 OOT Thread

1,872 posts in this topic

We need to depend on the useless fvcking Islanders again tomorrow, so I'm not counting on any help there.

Ugh.  That's a great prospect after watching them throw up on themselves and blow a 2-goal lead today.

The Islanders are 5-0-2 in their last seven GP.  They also shut out Columbus on March 23, and also recently beat Carolina and Ottawa in what were must-wins for those teams.  Not really useless at all.

With the way it looks now, the Flyers and Wings are within reach.  I personally think this team should try and get the first wild card to avoid the Bruins.  Pittsburgh is a team we can definitely beat, and give them problems.  I'd also like to avoid the Rags since they too are not a favorable matchup for the Devils.  Detroit is the team I want to overtake right now.

With the way it looks now, the Flyers and Wings are within reach.  I personally think this team should try and get the first wild card to avoid the Bruins.  Pittsburgh is a team we can definitely beat, and give them problems.  I'd also like to avoid the Rags since they too are not a favorable matchup for the Devils.  Detroit is the team I want to overtake right now.

The wings and flyers are not in reach. We will be lucky to win the remainder of our games and squeak into the 8th seed.

Seriously, shut up.  This is an idiotic post, even for you.  The Devils are going to have a hell of a time just getting in...even with this 4-0-3 run, they STILL have a hell of a lot of work to do.  They can't really afford go any worse than 3-0-1 in the next four...one regulation loss and they're toast.  They're not in any position to worry about who they're going to face...all they can do is keep winning and keep hoping for help. 

Besides, Philly has Buffalo and Florida in their next two games.  Detroit has Buffalo in THEIR next game.

We still need at least two Columbus losses (and running the table) to get in, and they're not as far in front of us as the other teams.

Seriously, shut up.  This is an idiotic post, even for you.  The Devils are going to have a hell of a time just getting in...even with this 4-0-3 run, they STILL have a hell of a lot of work to do.  They can't really afford go any worse than 3-0-1 in the next four...one regulation loss and they're toast.  They're not in any position to worry about who they're going to face...all they can do is keep winning and keep hoping for help. 

jump-the-shark.jpg

I mean really MB...can we not jump the shark here?  At least let's GET in a playoff position first before we start worrying about catching other teams.

The Islanders are 5-0-2 in their last seven GP. They also shut out Columbus on March 23, and also recently beat Carolina and Ottawa in what were must-wins for those teams. Not really useless at all.

I have a feeling they'll be uselesss today. :P

beggers are now choosers?

With the way it looks now, the Flyers and Wings are within reach. I personally think this team should try and get the first wild card to avoid the Bruins. Pittsburgh is a team we can definitely beat, and give them problems. I'd also like to avoid the Rags since they too are not a favorable matchup for the Devils. Detroit is the team I want to overtake right now.

Come on MB!!

After how things have gone and then luck we are getting wouldn't you just be happy to make the show? I would take playing any of the top teams if it means we make it.

I think you did what I did last night after looking at the standings after the win.  I thought the same thing about playoffs matchups, but you're going off the assumption that the other teams are going to lose out.  You're forgetting that 1) Philly has a game in hand 2) They would literally have to lose every game so far, which is not likely.  There may be reasons for optimism now, but there is still a lot of work to be done by these guys, and we're down Clowe, Henrique, and Elias as of today.  Think before you communicate.

No, no, no.  You guys are misunderstanding him.  See what MB is trying to say is that if they set their goals higher, even if they are unable to catch Detroit or Philly, if they at least come close they will probably have passed Columbus and gotten a playoff spot.  That's what his point was, you all just misunderstood. :P

I hate to jump on the guy, but like 2 or 3 more people posted before I finished.  Jesus H Christ.

Three important things I've learned from MB this year:

1)  Every team plays 82 games.

2)  We don't have to worry about opponents' games in hand until there are only 5 or so games left in the season.  As there are now only five games left for the Devils, this means it's now OK to worry about games in hand.  We have MB's permission.

3)  Whatever amount of points a team (or teams) has, if the season isn't over yet, that's not necessarily the amount of points those teams will end up with this season.   

Damn it, I had accepted that the Devils were going to miss.  Now they have me hoping again.

LET'S GO ISLES!

I've never been a bigger Isles fan than I am today lol.

Three important things I've learned from MB this year:

1)  Every team plays 82 games.

2)  We don't have to worry about opponents' games in hand until there are only 5 or so games left in the season.  As there are now only five games left for the Devils, this means it's now OK to worry about games in hand.  We have MB's permission.

3)  Whatever amount of points a team (or teams) has, if the season isn't over yet, that's not necessarily the amount of points those teams will end up with this season.   

I am a victim of all 3. #standtogether

LGI!

Yeah, LGI.

2-0 Columbus.  Yeah, I'll flip that back on if my ESPN app says it's any closer, this is a joke so far.

Either CBJ or PHI need to hit the skids. Too bad the Devils didn't put in much effort on those games they could have won.

Columbus looks pretty fired up so far.

really? they have been dominated for most of the game, they have scored on power plays otherwise the Islanders are all up in their sh!t.

Edited by Sneax