2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

Do we want Kane though?  Doesn't have a bit of an attitude problem?

I mean, we said the same about Kovalchuk so I guess it's all moot.

I couldn't care less about his attitude and the accusations, which AFAIK aren't proven. Hell, Drew Doughty had a rape case a couple of years back. 

I'll gladly take the headache if we get good young players like that. 

I don't follow Winnipeg at all, but Kane seems to have a bit more than an attitude problem. Assault charges, dine and dash allegations, some other entanglements.

You can sort of say the same of Jon Merrill or Myles Bell. Kane's no different, they're actually all the same age.

Honestly, I'm not buying it. Winnipeg's a small market; big fish in a small pond. They've been a mostly disappointing team to the city so far; they seem to be getting worse and worse each year and he presents an easy target.

Even if some of the allegations are true (the petty stuff like the dine-and-dash), the New Jersey Devils are like boot camp for players like that. Especially if Jagr stays another season, bringing Evander Kane into NJ would do him (and obviously us) a lot of good. I could see him liking it here. He'd pretty much instantly be the face and star of the team and despite being small market, the allure of being near New York City is definitely there. Kid's only 22!!!!!

Edited by DJ Eco

The Winnipeg media is having anothert Evander Kane witch hunt. I think he's gone after this season, preferrably to NJ.

read few things about that in french medias this morning. 

stuff about him not paying his restaurant bills and had an assault charge or something and that the whole city hates him and he's getting insulted everywhere he goes. God knows how legit that is.

Then another report about him showing up to a practice stoned with red eyes.

i'd still take him on the team i think lol at this point i'd take any players or that caliber

edit: of course the only reason they posted those 2 articles we're cause there was rumours awhile ago about a Kane/Pacioretty swap and now that Pacioretty is on fire they like to throw Kane under the bus as much as they can and throw flowers at Pacioretty / Bergevin for not making the trade. Thats pretty typical

Edited by SterioDesign

Yeah Detroit or Columbus would literally have to lose three in a row (all in regulation in Detroit's case) and we'd have to win three in a row.

And each play tomorrow night so this could definitely be over in 24 hours.

I'd give better odds for Detroit losing all 3 than Columbus. But it's all moot unless the Devils put together a 3 game win streak, which has only happened once this year (how sad is that?).

If there was one team in the East I'd feel 1% badly for if the Devils stole their playoff spot, it would be the Jackets. Not a single playoff win in franchise history.

Amazing reaction from the crowd, coaches and players after that OT win.

Yeah I gotta say, it's hard to hate the team. I definitely hate some of their ex-Ranger players, but overall itd be nice to see them have some post season success.

Oh well guys. Hope and pray for a miracle.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

One thing not that hasn't been brought up is Bryzgalov on the Wild: 7-0-3 with an almost .930 save pct. Good for him. All you have to do is NOT be a Flyer or an Oiler.

If there was one team in the East I'd feel 1% badly for if the Devils stole their playoff spot, it would be the Jackets. Not a single playoff win in franchise history.

Amazing reaction from the crowd, coaches and players after that OT win.

+1 I would have of course taken it, but they are the last team I'd want to knock out. GL to them in the playoffs.

Edited by Neb00rs