Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevilMinder

Barch traded to Fla!

57 posts in this topic

1. @TGfireandice 38s

Devils trade Barch and 2015 7th rd pick to FLA for 2014 6th rd pick and minor league player to be named.

2. Devils trade Krys Barch and their 7th round draft pick in 2015 for Florida's 6th round pick in 2014 and a minor league player center Scott Timmins

Well this solves a lot. I imagine they might call up Janssen from time to time if really needed, but for now they will try a no enforcer look. 

Good times.

Sounds like Scott Timmins is a project. Not highly rated as a prospect but said to be solid.

Well this solves a lot. I imagine they might call up Janssen from time to time if really needed, but for now they will try a no enforcer look. 

Good times.

This is the best case scenario, but I won't get too excited about this trade until Cam is sent down.

So we lose Barch's salary and roster space while getting a higher pick and minor league depth. Well done Lou

Edited by SMantzas

Are we drinking too much coolaid here though? Cause im pretty 100% certain it was the general consensus that barch > janssen ( has a hockey player) ... Now that he's traded janssen is better?

Barch is a better player, I think. But it's really irrelevant, imo, since the enforcer this team picks will see a max of hopefully 20 games and 7 minutes a game or whatever.

Just need a goon you can send out to fight someone, and Cam can still fight. Also helps that Lou apparently has a huge soft spot for him.

Are we drinking too much coolaid here though? Cause im pretty 100% certain it was the general consensus that barch > janssen ( has a hockey player) ... Now that he's traded janssen is better?

I agree. While no one will ever say Barch was a great hockey player he at least kinda resembled one. Janssen is just useless.

Nevertheless I like the trade.

No, his 2-way contract is better. Not having to pay him an NHL salary in the minors. 

I thought he was going to get bought out like a lot of the goons Lou has signed to two year deals over the years but I'll take the trade!

edit: the less i see Janssen the best i'll feel this season

Edited by SterioDesign

Lou pulling all the rights strings

thoug, that remark the other day about Pelley again gave me the weebie jeebies

excellent/ 2-way CJ much better for our full of real hockey players roster