Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NJDEVS1730

Kovalchuk inured.......by Poni

26 posts in this topic

thats a bitch... geeze look how small that arena is..

Looks like a high school arena!

If Ilya would have skated into the zone instead of straddling the blue line, he wouldnt have busted up his shoulder!

Watching till the end of that vid it looks like he comes back into the game and scores a nice little wrister...

are we sure he's out?

and also LOL! at the friendly fire. Nice hit Poni!

Watching till the end of that vid it looks like he comes back into the game and scores a nice little wrister...

are we sure he's out?

and also LOL! at the friendly fire. Nice hit Poni!

Yeah his shoulder probably swelled up after the game

did you hear the announcer say "its a power play goal" in Russian !

How can the KHL survive with arena's like that? No suites... insane.

I get that there are a few rich dudes who can pay players a lot... but what's the point of paying a guy like Kovalchuck 15m a year in a league like this? Seems like an outrageous investment with no potential for any return.

This league is going to collapse.

I get that there are a few rich dudes who can pay players a lot... but what's the point of paying a guy like Kovalchuck 15m a year in a league like this? Seems like an outrageous investment with no potential for any return.

They certainly get money from sketchy places. I've heard really weird stories from the KHL

the people who own the teams are disgustingly rich oil barrens who can keep the league afloat on mob money and their own funds even if the league loses a bunch of money on its own. 

There aren't the same number of wealthy people in Russia as here obviously, so I guess it's not worth it to build the suites when people aren't there to buy them and are spending their money on turnips instead 

I think the arena in that Canadian Budweiser commercial was bigger than that one. 

And that sad arena really shows why Kovy really left to go play there: for a huge payday.

The whole line about supporting his country and being closer to his family is pure garbage.  He is now a really big fish in a much smaller pond and he is free to collect as much money as his greedy heart desires.

Karma's a bitch. So's Kovy for that matter.

LOL! I always liked Poni.

Now guys, we don't want to wish injury on...

..the same shoulder that he hurt as a Devil, you say?  

.... :rofl:

C'mon guys... A pack of posts in this thread, and every of them is a pure garbage. I don't want to discuss about arenas in KHL, because you took Vityaz's arena as a standart of KHL, so if they where plaeyed in, let's say, Dinamo Minsk arena, your thought about collapsing of KHL would be different?? :giggle: But talking about that injury, I found that he will miss the next game, not 4 weeks. Actually he returned to that exact game, and scored a winning goal in a sootout.

I was taking note of the crazy distances for travel for some of these teams and just clicked on one. Just so happened that Nik Bergfores is on the team lol.

Reports say he will be out at least a month.....looks like that shoulder may be a lingering issue for him for the forseeable future.

Minor league hockey for quadruple the ruble.

Devs are better off.