Urbom claimed off waivers by Washington then by Devils from WSH

Marshall

Urbom is a risky claim because he has almost no NHL experience and he's pretty young.  I think/hope he'll go through and won't shed many tears if he doesn't - the team has a lot of guys on the cusp and Gelinas is waiver-eligible next year so we might go through this charade again then.

So Tedenby is going to stay on IR indefinitely?

I guess that means year 3 for CBGB. Pretty disappointed about that

He'll come off when someone else gets hurt, I guess.  Sure seems like if they do make a deal involving a defenseman, it'll be one of Gelinas or Merrill who gets brought up.

He'll come off when someone else gets hurt, I guess.  Sure seems like if they do make a deal involving a defenseman, it'll be one of Gelinas or Merrill who gets brought up.

please no 

like a man did <<no>> in " the office" show

really i want them both - if you know what i mean

and i mean they can would be like nieder and raf with larsson like scott

what it gave us? 2 cups and 3 finals in 4 years

would it give us the same? i don`t know. but NJD make a choice for defence on draft the last few years. 

little bit more chance for cup with this guys in perspective that without

please no 

would it give us the same? i don`t know. but NJD make a choice for defence on draft the last few years. 

I think you're getting ahead of yourself with the Niedermayer and Rafalski comparisons. Larsson has looked solid, but we didn't draft a solid d-man, we drafted an elite #1 franchise d-man. I really want to see more offense from him this year. Maybe with some PP time, we'll see that, but it's a real ?

Gelinas and Merrill haven't really seen much NHL action and while I'm excited for them both, more Merrill than Gelinas, I don't think we can really say they'll be better than what we have. I'd certainly like to see if that's the case or not and I think we would be fine if we traded somebody and had Harrold/Merrill/Gelinas/Urbom cycle around as the #6 guy until someone shows they deserve that spot.

i khow i`m getting ahead

but i really wanna see strong d-line 

not line where first pair consist of one who was  trade for goon and second is non interesting for any body czeck puck-mover at sunset of his career

sal was sooo good in 11\12

and zid isn`t so bad

but they are not nieder and scott. weber and suter, chip and dale, keith and seabrook, bony and klayd, chara(chara goes for two)

merrill, gelinas, larsson would may be. we can see their potential in preseason. 

really i just wanna believe how funny it may reading i wanna believe

and devils can try to do something with this guys

it may be work

what can we pick in trade? some guy for 2-3 years in second line in best case

and urbom can be a good defensman. ok ok i`m silent

Edited by Guadana

Dumb question. 

If someone claims Urbom, do they HAVE to play him in the NHL, or when they claim him and want to send him down, does he have to go through waivers for them?  If so, couldn't we claim him when they put him on waivers to go down?

My guess is that only a team that has a place for him on the starting roster would claim him...

Dumb question. 

If someone claims Urbom, do they HAVE to play him in the NHL, or when they claim him and want to send him down, does he have to go through waivers for them?  If so, couldn't we claim him when they put him on waivers to go down?

My guess is that only a team that has a place for him on the starting roster would claim him...

They have to have room on their NHL roster to claim him. If they have room, they can claim him and if they wanted to they could put him on waivers to see if he'll go through. We would have an opportunity to re-claim him, assuming all the teams that get the chance before us don't claim him.

Dumb question. 

There was an interesting situation last year with Zach Boychuk. Carolina waived him in attempt to assign him to the AHL, but on 1/31 Pittsburgh claimed him. After 7 games with the Penguins, they waived him but Nashville claimed him on 3/5. After 5 games with the Predators they waived him and Carolina finally re-claimed on 3/21. Finally, the Hurricanes got him thru waivers and assigned to the AHL on 3/23.

They have to have room on their NHL roster to claim him. If they have room, they can claim him and if they wanted to they could put him on waivers to see if he'll go through. We would have an opportunity to re-claim him, assuming all the teams that get the chance before us don't claim him.

FWIW, the team who waived a player gets first crack at him if he is waived again by his new team.  In the scenario fiesty mentioned, Nashville could've immediately re-taken Boychuk.

Edited by Triumph

please no

would it give us the same? i don`t know. but NJD make a choice for defence on draft the last few years.

I really like the optimism. How about Santini becoming the next Daneyko. :)