Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coorslight

GDT: Game 1 Devils @ Penguins.

198 posts in this topic

Devils look slow and sloppy. Penguins are supposed to win the division this year so if the devils lost this one I am not going to go nuts.

Yeah I think we need a little perspective on this one and eventually the D/goaltending will settle down...but man, just in general they better get some goals early in the season after the way last year ended.

last year we started strong then fizzled out at the end

I hope we end strong this year, it's gonna take a while for this team to gel with all the new faces

1 person likes this

Ryer should of passed that puck to Bernier, then break for the goal, instead of taking that covered shot. Didn't like that play.

Lot of game left...need to grab a goal in this period.

Sent from my Galaxy TAB using Tapatalk 2

pitts putting it into cruise control and were not taking advantage

we have ZERO shooters from the point

Edited by EdgeControl

Better period but very similar to games from last season so far.   Play fugly early, grind it out, but don't score

this is boring.  gain entry, do something stupid, give puck away, go all the way back, start over again

If they don't get out of this groove they were in last season, it's going to be a very long season

If I watched this game and didn't know better, I would've thought this was pretty much any game last year. No quality scoring chances, no puck luck, and no W.

Remember MacLean's first game as coach, we scored like 2 minutes in and then again pretty quickly,  this ain't that game.

That's ok 'cuz we sucked for months after that great first period.

So I'm not reading anything into this first game.

Not acceptable.  Waive Gio already for crying out loud, and stop with this point shot bullsh!t.  Salvador and Volch cannot shoot for their lives, stop setting them up.

On to the next one I guess.

Yeah the thing Chico and Steve are ignoring is that puck possession does not matter if you don't get scoring chances. For as well as we've contained Pitt the 2nd and 3rd, the Pens have more good chances.