The Devils Should....... (fill in the blank)

TomsRiverDevil

I spoke to Zajac before the Cup run and he said Oates made him change his stick to improve winning face-offs. It was a drastic change from what he originally used and he said shooting was difficult with it. I have both sticks and I can see how it could be a rough go getting used to the new after years of using something else.

Interesting.  His shot is a great weapon.  I hope he can learn to shoot with the new stick.

I think Zajac and Henrique were both benefits of circumstance...say what you want about Zach Parise, but he made his linemates better.  Zajac hasn't looked the same since Parise left, although he looked decent with Kovy on his wing.

Henrique should probably send Parise and Kovy personal thank-yous for that contract he signed over the summer, as I think playing with both of them really upped his value substantially.  I'm hoping he finds his game, but I think playing with two of the games best wingers on his line as a rookie might have led to some unreal expectations of him going forward.  I don't think he ever touches Parise's production.

Tell it's fans to chill !!! it's only 4 games into the season 78 to go

we have only lost one game

we are scoring goals on average 2.2 per game

we are allowing goals on average 3.7 per game

In the standing we are 3 points off the leader and are in the middle of the pack

IMO it's the coaching, Deboer and Stevens, not the players

Trade Zajac for a #1 pick or something and buyout Clowe.

Zubrus-Henrique-Brunner

Josefson-Elias-Jagr

Olesz-Loktionov-Ryder

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Also, I agree about Stevens. I asked Chico last year if he thinks Stevens was a bad coach and that's why the D was sucking so bad and he said Stevens knows the game inside and out and it was just that the players had no skill. I still think Stevens is not a good coach.

Zubrus-Henrique-Brunner

Josefson-Elias-Jagr

Olesz-Loktionov-Ryder

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Also, I agree about Stevens. I asked Chico last year if he thinks Stevens was a bad coach and that's why the D was sucking so bad and he said Stevens knows the game inside and out and it was just that the players had no skill. I still think Stevens is not a good coach.

what a stupid thing to say.. obviously neither of that would happen they just signed clowe for 5 years and hes played for 4 games yea theyre going to buy him out for sure! I dont really care for him this far either hes looks like a clown out there and is slower then molasses. Zajac is in his 1st year of an 8 year deal.. he too is clearly not going anywhere, but my god its going to be a long 8 years if he doesnt figure out how to play with some talent

FREE FAYNE

He finally debuted last night but at the expense of Larsson. How about sitting out Volchenkov? 

DeBoer also can't have Salvador and Zidlicky together. That was a Del Zaster. 

Devils should call Jeff Freeze-en.

Zubrus-Henrique-Brunner

Josefson-Elias-Jagr

Olesz-Loktionov-Ryder

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

We can't trade Zajac dude.  We're already thin at center.  Last thing we need to do is trade him for a freaking pick.

• 2 weeks later...

Practice the shootout.

This is from TG's Blog:

The Devils were 12-4 in the shootout in 2011-12 with Ilya Kovlachuk and Zach Parise as their top two shooters, but have been miserable in the tiebreaker since then.

The Devils have practiced it multiple times since the start of this season, but nothing seems to work.

“I don’t have an answer for that,” DeBoer said. “We practice them. We spend enough time on them. I don’t have an explanation for it. Two years ago, we couldn’t lose. Now, we can’t win. It’s not a coachable thing for me, so it’s hard to really get some control over.”