GDT: Game 3 Devils @ Edmonton Senators 930pm MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

Very sad to see what's become of Brodeur. Once a good goalie, now disintegrated into a pathetic, scared, helpless pile of sh!t. Same move back to back on the shootout and he's face first on the ice like a grandpa after a fall/

He had no chance of stopping anything Edmonton threw at him in that shootout. I just wish he could've retired this offseason and gone out with some shred of dignity. But A&E keeps him around (Alimony and Ego)

he is by far the biggest weak spot on this franchise.

Please Marty. Retire, go away. Stop humiliating yourself

I know this isn't all on Marty, but God it'd be nice if someone could stop 90% of the rubber coming their way one of these days.

Wow.  I stayed up for THIS?!

Seriously, I should have gone to sleep after the Jet game.  These three-goal leads getting blown with DeBoer are old news, but if we don't win a ****ing game soon we're gonna get to this point pretty darn quick:

pkUqVT2.png

Edited by NJDevs4978

Peter Harold, Stephen Gionta, Adam Henrique...please pack your bags and gtfo

Olesz, Josefson, Fayne...if you three arent playing in Vancouver please ask for a trade because you'll never get into the lineup.

Pretty retarded comment.

Dress Fayne for gods sake. Salvador you are probably THE WORST NHL DEFENSEMEN IN THE NHL. I cannot think of a worse defensemen then him, I seriously cannot. He has to be the worst choice for captain and probably the worst choice for a defensemen for that matter.

Overall Scoop: Great game until the third, Sal of course screwed the game. Done with him, leave.

DeBoer has GOT to start making some changes here. And if he doesn't then he's got to go. Also, I hate to say this but Stevens might just not be a good coach.

And LOL at the above post. Sal isn't even the worst defenseman on this team.

Edited by PWW

I know this isn't all on Marty, but God it'd be nice if someone could stop 90% of the rubber coming their way one of these days.

Wow. I stayed up for THIS?!

Seriously, I should have gone to sleep after the Jet game. These three-goal leads getting blown with DeBoer are old news, but if we don't win a ****ing game soon we're gonna get to this point pretty darn quick:

DeBoer is approaching my last set of nerves. The blown leads have been a constant throughout his time here, and its frustrating. And the personnel and lineup decisions are wearing me thin. I don't care if Fayne fvcked DeBoer's wife, there's no excuse for him sitting anymore. Edited by MadDog2020

the perils of the forechecking system.   when you get a lead and have to play some D.   The Deboer tenure has had a ton of blown large leads, you can even go back to the Panthers and Rangers series and see them.   They just have an uncanny ability to salvage something out of these games.

DeBoer has GOT to start making some changes here. And if he doesn't then he's got to go. Also, I hate to say this but Stevens might just not be a good coach.

And LOL at the above post. Sal isn't even the worst defenseman on this team.

Nah, he is. I'd rather have a cat with a tree branch than Salvador.

More practical: Rather have Volchenkov then Sal.

Very sad to see what's become of Brodeur. Once a good goalie, now disintegrated into a pathetic, scared, helpless pile of sh!t. Same move back to back on the shootout and he's face first on the ice like a grandpa after a fall/

He had no chance of stopping anything Edmonton threw at him in that shootout. I just wish he could've retired this offseason and gone out with some shred of dignity. But A&E keeps him around (Alimony and Ego)

he is by far the biggest weak spot on this franchise.

Please Marty. Retire, go away. Stop humiliating yourself

Eh, they had a run in the first where he kept 2 or 3 out of the net, but people have short memories.   Their biggest problem is a lack of ability to play back on their heels.   You can put Schneider in there and they will still blow the leads too, when they play like that.

Eh, they had a run in the first where he kept 2 or 3 out of the net, but people have short memories.   Their biggest problem is a lack of ability to play back on their heels.   You can put Schneider in there and they will still blow the leads too, when they play like that.

Totally agree, good point.

Screw sal.

Lack of speed again shines in the 3rd here. The minute the devils lose control of a game, odd man rushes are almost a guarantee.

Marty looked great in the first two periods, I felt really good about it. But he couldn't stop a thing in that 3rd, and the book about him in SO's is apparently pretty obvious (deke to the high blocker). I don't think I've ever seen him stop a move like that once he bites on the fake.

But it's not surprising they'll be losing every shootout this season - it's a skills contest, and we've lost our two (arguably three if you count clarktard's backhand move) most skilled players in recent years. I mean, a 1-2 punch of Kovalchuck and Parise has been replaced with a Brunner-Clowe combo (lol wat). That being said, Elias needs to shoot before Clowe.

PDB is starting to annoy me. He needs to make changes, and there's NO REASON WHY Harrold is in over Fayne. No reason.

Shame. It's these types of losses that can come back and haunt the Devils if they're in the playoff hunt in March/April.

They either get gassed or sit on the lead. Either way it's not good.

Brent Sutter would have had their asses doing suicides after the game against the Isles.

Sutter's teams did the same thing.   The second one was just good enough to survive doing it.   That and he was scared sh!tless of the goaltending for most of the year.   Then Marty came back and it started happening more.

Edited by maxpower

Too many times the D have had to literally turn around to catch up with the play. They keep getting split by pure speed, step up and get burned, or they look stupid on some stretch pass. The hall goal tonight also made them look COMPLETELY out to lunch. If you're going to step up on the play, you have to get the puck or take the body. Even Andy Greene had to dive back and sweep check to avoid causing a 2 on 1 when he stepped up and missed the puck. Id expect that from volchenkov or even zid, but not AG. Something's got to give. I hope at least Scott Stevens lays into them a bit.

Brodeur is embarrassing himself, the franchise, the fans, and me personally.

I'm really excited to watch this for the rest of the season.

I'll pay everyone in this room $20 if the Devils make the playoffs.

Quoted because I'll happily take $20 from you a couple months from now.

Too many times the D have had to literally turn around to catch up with the play. They keep getting split by pure speed, step up and get burned, or they look stupid on some stretch pass. The hall goal tonight also made them look COMPLETELY out to lunch. If you're going to step up on the play, you have to get the puck or take the body. Even Andy Greene had to dive back and sweep check to avoid causing a 2 on 1 when he stepped up and missed the puck. Id expect that from volchenkov or even zid, but not AG. Something's got to give. I hope at least Scott Stevens lays into them a bit.

Stevens is the guy coaching them and all evidence is that he's a total dud as a position coach.

the perils of the forechecking system.   when you get a lead and have to play some D.   The Deboer tenure has had a ton of blown large leads, you can even go back to the Panthers and Rangers series and see them.   They just have an uncanny ability to salvage something out of these games.

Most of them also involve horrendous goaltending, also a staple of the DeBoer era.  I don't think the forechecking system really has anything to do with blown leads.

Most of them also involve horrendous goaltending, also a staple of the DeBoer era.  I don't think the forechecking system really has anything to do with blown leads.

You also don't think the quality they give up is that much when guys keep coming in all alone in some fashion.   I'm not saying he's good anymore but they do not help their goalies at all.   They managed to play their blood from a stone game in the second half of 10-11 with Marty and Moose and win low scoring games.