Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bartholomew Hunt

Goal song

62 posts in this topic

Apparently you sappy sallys got your way. I just got an email from the devils saying to vote for the new goal song. Boy that didnt take long.

Id copy and paste the email but I cant do it from my phone at the moment. Im sure yous will all get the same email and somebody can copy and paste it.

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt

it was the plan all along, they just wanted to give a full stop to the you suck chant in a rude way.

Geeze.. gotta wonder what were going to end up with here... im voting for that song from the lion king

Good for them, in firmly addressing the "why", so there is no more speculation.  Still would've been nice to have asked the fanbase if they would knock it off with the "you suck" chant, in exchange for keeping R&R Part 2, but I don't blame them for not going that route (it would've failed...like I've said, some would've seen it as some sort of challenge and yelled it even LOUDER). 

But they've done a solid job in trying to make it right...being honest about why R&R Part 2 has been permanently sacked, and working with the fanbase in trying to find a replacement. 

1 person likes this

it was the plan all along, they just wanted to give a full stop to the you suck chant in a rude way.

I highly doubt that they will get rid of it just by changing the goal song.  I have a feeling that, no matter what song is selected, the "you suck" chant will live on in some form or another. 

Edited by Chuck the Duck

I highly doubt that they will get rid of it.  I have a feeling that, no matter what song is selected, the "you suck" chant will live on in some form or another. 

Exactly

Which is why they should just leave RnR 2

Good for them, in firmly addressing the "why", so there is no more speculation.  Still would've been nice to have asked the fanbase if they would knock it off with the "you suck" chant, in exchange for keeping R&R Part 2, but I don't blame them for not going that route (it would've failed...like I've said, some would've seen it as some sort of challenge and yelled it even LOUDER). 

But they've done a solid job in trying to make it right...being honest about why R&R Part 2 has been permanently sacked, and working with the fanbase in trying to find a replacement. 

With this fanbase we know at least 80% would reject that idea.  People just want an excuse to chant you suck.

With this fanbase we know at least 80% would reject that idea.  People just want an excuse to chant you suck.

Yeah, getting that vibe from the other thread.  It's "you suck" or bust for some. 

i dont give a damn which song become our goal song as long sa we start winning game!!!! anything that could make salvador litlle faster, volchenkov little smarter and harrold out of the lineup.

I would live with taylor swift song «you belong with me if that make us winning lord stanley lol»

I would imagine most of the emails they'll get will be to just switch the song back to the pedophile song. But im sure they will just ignore those. I personally dont mind the new one, but I'd be happy to hear anything this year with the team we have.

I'm submitting R&R Pt. 2 as my suggestion, and I hope it's the one with the most votes, they better show the results, cause I know they won't play it anyways. I think this was a dumb move by the organization, the song will make its way back eventually, no doubt..

I voted for Aida triump march. My Soccer team used to use it and I tought it worked great

...and that was the major stink over this whole situation. That they made that big a deal out of something so minor and pissed off a decent amount of people over being politically correct

I wonder if they are going to have a group of employees listening to each heavily voted entry over and over trying to figure out if there is any way the fans can chant "you suck" along to the music. 

They should have included that in the PowerPlay e-mail:

Please note: any songs submitted that include the word "suck" in any form will be immediately disqualified.  Furthermore, any entry that encourages fans to chant the phrase "you suck" by either lyrics, tone, beat or otherwise shall be disqualified. And finally, anyone who submits a song in violation of this policy will not be qualified for a chance to win the suite tickets against the Flyers.

:koolaid:  :whistling:

Edited by gardenstatepkwy

I want 'fvck You' by Cee Lo to be the new goal song. I think it takes 'you suck' and elevates it a level or two.

"Suck" by Nine Inch Nails.

BAM

:lol:

I actually voted for "Hey Man Nice Shot" by FIlter (right when the chorus kicks in). I like it but it's probably not for everyone.

Submitted rock n roll part II just because our new CEO is behind all of this.

Edited by devlman

Submitted rock n roll part II

you do know thats not coming back, even if its submitted the most amount of times