2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

I'd rather clowe just wait until after the break to come back... The team has been playing pretty well the past few games so no reason to rush. Give him the extra week.

I think the concussion thing is scarey, clowe should retire so he has a better quality of life as he grows old....

I think the concussion thing is scarey, clowe should retire so he has a better quality of life as he grows old....

How many "official" concussions has he had now in the NHL?

He's gotta be close to the limit, in terms of long term health.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

How many "official" concussions has he had now in the NHL?

He's gotta be close to the limit, in terms of long term health.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

He's not gonna actually retire though, so we'll have to pay him even if he can't play a la Marc Savard. 

So how long until Elias is off the 4th line? That's what it is right? Or is Gionta promoted to the second line? Either way, it's an easy way to turn Elias into a 25-point player.

Yeah what's up with that?... We were a good team when guys like Bernier and Gionta were filling up our 4th lines, but...

Elias hasn't been..great this season.  

I'm just talking..hockey sense.  He seems to be less...well, he's always been amazing, so it's just odd to see him mess up easy plays.

Maybe he's finally starting to decline..

Edit:  In no way am I saying Gionta should be on his line.

Edited by Devilsfan118

I don't like the line either, but it did really well against the Islanders - matched up against the Vanek-Okposo combination most of the night and getting no offensive zone starts they had the best territorial numbers.  Are they going to score, not often, and will this line stay together for long, I doubt it, but game 1 was a surprising success.

maybe its because his line mates have been total garbage.. I mean hes paired with no talent at all.. ive watched him set up bernier several times with half an open net and bernier cant do anything with it.

Dead on.  

I expected Bernier to have a Petr Sykora type of rebirth playing with Patty, but Bernier just can't seem to take advantage of all the open shots Patty served up for him.   Would love to see Boucher play with Patty.

Coach Pete DeBoer said Larsson suffered "a fairly significant injury" when he crashed into the boards on Nov. 23 in San Jose. DeBoer described the lower-body injury as "a pretty standard kind of four-to-six week type thing." He has been skating on his own lately. Dec 19 - 4:40 PM

This is latest I have read about this.

Dead on.  

I expected Bernier to have a Petr Sykora type of rebirth playing with Patty, but Bernier just can't seem to take advantage of all the open shots Patty served up for him.   Would love to see Boucher play with Patty.

Strange but Bernier looked way more dangerous with Carter (before Carter's injury; and Carter was looking his most dangerous as well). Strange chemistry they have, but they were looking like a great 3rd line pair.

Strange but Bernier looked way more dangerous with Carter (before Carter's injury; and Carter was looking his most dangerous as well). Strange chemistry they have, but they were looking like a great 3rd line pair.

I am actually a big fan of the Bernier-Carter-Gio line.

Just another example of how Cory Schneider doesn't get a chance to get into rhythm and have success.

Brodeur lets in 5 goals on 24 shots against the Hawks Friday while Schneider gives up 2 goals on 22 shots Saturday against Buffalo. He wasn't great, but really had no chance on the two power play goals given up.

Why go back to Brodeur? Familiarity with the Flyers? Maybe, but I thought it would have been a good opportunity to give Cory a few games in a row.

Just another example of how Cory Schneider doesn't get a chance to get into rhythm and have success.

Brodeur lets in 5 goals on 24 shots against the Hawks Friday while Schneider gives up 2 goals on 22 shots Saturday against Buffalo. He wasn't great, but really had no chance on the two power play goals given up.

Why go back to Brodeur? Familiarity with the Flyers? Maybe, but I thought it would have been a good opportunity to give Cory a few games in a row.

Thing is, the Devils forwards are shooting themselves in the feet by not scoring for Schneider. Unfortunately this is a results driven league and NJ just hasn't won enough for Cory

Don't forget our 5-4 WIN against the Capitals a few games ago with 22 shots against...

Edited by DJ Eco

It's not just that, it's that while Schneider has had a good last two games, none of the five before that were good.  I think Schneider has to start getting the bulk of starts soon but I could see them favoring Brodeur for this one because of his puck handling.  If Brodeur is bad, Schneider's got the open chance.  Still, it's getting late in the season and Brodeur still has significantly more starts.

If Cory doesn't get one of the two games (at this point Dallas) this week it's a travesty.  You're basically guaranteeing Marty plays four times in eight days and Cory one, given the back-to-back this weekend and Marty is going to start in Montreal next Tuesday.

After the whole ordeal in Vancouver to inconsistent playing time and lack of goal support in NJ, I can't even imagine Schneider's frustration level. I'm really worried Brodeur is going to decide to come back next year which means we can say goodbye to Schneider.

What's mind-boggling is that Cory's still playing better than Marty on the whole even with Cory's bad December.  He's got a 2.13 and .914 while Marty's at 2.36 and .903.  Of course Marty has seven more wins in five more starts because the offense decides to score for him.  It's really remarkable, something like a 40-goal difference (meaning the Devils have scored 40 more goals for Marty in five more starts) I saw on HF.

After the whole ordeal in Vancouver to inconsistent playing time and lack of goal support in NJ, I can't even imagine Schneider's frustration level. I'm really worried Brodeur is going to decide to come back next year which means we can say goodbye to Schneider.

Then he can come back somewhere else. Listen, I love Marty as much as the next Devils fan and I'm eternally grateful for everything he's done for this organization- but Marty doesn't run the NJ Devils. His contract is up after this year. Lou needs to sit down and tell him the hard truth- that this is it. That unless you're cool with a back-up role next year, this is the end of the line. Corey is supposed to be the future- well, it's time for Lou to put his foot down on that. We didn't give up a top 10 pick to have Schneider walk away after two years and sign with the Penguins.