2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

that line averages 10 minutes a game- you want to drop them down to 5 ish? People are already complaining about Pete playing the top lines too much...

(technically.. People are complaining way too much all the time) (but that's just me... ) 

(and i'm French.. it's second nature to complain for me ! So.. that speak volume ) 

(technically.. People are complaining way too much all the time) (but that's just me... )

(and i'm French.. it's second nature to complain for me ! So.. that speak volume )

hey don't be so hard in the french- when I visited Paris I found very little complaining.

Now those french canadiens are another story...

that line averages 10 minutes a game- you want to drop them down to 5 ish? People are already complaining about Pete playing the top lines too much...

I'm talking about Loktionov and only Loktionov.  Give Gionta like 8 minutes.  And give Loktionov like 15 minutes.  That way, the whole line can get a good amount of ice time, and not 2/3 of it.

Other then a tap in goal, Loktionov really wasn't playing that well. Boucher will be back up after the Olympic break and NJ will assess if they need to make a move. 

Kind of irrelevant. He got that goal and was decent enough. What more could you ask in 5-6 min of hockey? Once again the mid game line changes did nothing. Stephen Gionta was continuing to throw pucks at teammates' feet and was having trouble corralling a pass, yet he gets moved up to the second line, which everyone knows will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever be a good move. I don't think that line had a good shift after.

Nothing to recap, they showed three meh questions all from Deb.  Maybe Lou barred the other beat guys from asking anything :P

LOL. Deb. That's great. This organization has absolutely zero accountability from top to bottom and everyone in it knows it. Brooks was spot on in his article a month or two back. 

Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller:

Patrkk Elias on if #Devils need to trade for a scorer to reach playoffs. "It seems that way".

The idea of a trade at this point is starting to scare me. I'm afraid that Lou still thinks it's 2000 and we're a Mogilny trade away from being a Cup team. Unfortunately he'll end up trading someone like Gelinas, a young player that has provided actual documented help on the offense, for someone like Erat.

My hope among hopes is that Lou gets rid of Salvador. And it's not because I think he's a bad as people think. Even if Salvador is actually a "shut down defenseman", the team has plenty of those guys, and needs to score some fvcking goals. Even the most deluded Salvador advocate realizes he doesn't contribute to that at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The idea of a trade at this point is starting to scare me. I'm afraid that Lou still thinks it's 2000 and we're a Mogilny trade away from being a Cup team. Unfortunately he'll end up trading someone like Gelinas, a young player that has provided actual documented help on the offense, for someone like Erat.

My hope among hopes is that Lou gets rid of Salvador. And it's not because I think he's a bad as people think. Even if Salvador is actually a "shut down defenseman", the team has plenty of those guys, and needs to score some fvcking goals. Even the most deluded Salvador advocate realizes he doesn't contribute to that at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Lou trades Gelinas for Martin fvcking Erat, I'd be leading the lynch mob to his office. And I'm the biggest Lou guy there is.

I get that Gelinas' defense needs some work, but our power play really needs help right now. Some PP numbers: Gelinas FF20: 22.9. Greene: 20.1 Zidlicky: 16.4. That's a difference of ~18 unblocked shots per 60 minutes between Gelinas and Zidlicky. Yet Zidlicky got more PP icetime. GF20: Gelinas 3,1 Greene 2,25 Zidlicky 1,97.

Zidlicky: 161 minutes, 24 shots on goal.

Greene: 133 minutes, 21 shots on goal.

Gelinas: 94 minutes, 32 shots on goal.

I think we can agree both Larsson and Gelinas both played their best when they were playing together which I believe they are doing it down in the AHL - at return from the break, it will be a month. So I don't see where the issue could be, given we need some more scoring and shot generation to get those two up here who can help move the puck and get them on net. Of course we'd need to move a D or 2 to do that.

I think it's time to trade Zidlicky. Get a pick for him.

Greene-Fayne

Larsson-Gelinas

Volchenkov-Merrill

Harrold-Salvador

I get that Gelinas' defense needs some work, but our power play really needs help right now. Some PP numbers: Gelinas FF20: 22.9. Greene: 20.1 Zidlicky: 16.4. That's a difference of ~18 unblocked shots per 60 minutes between Gelinas and Zidlicky. Yet Zidlicky got more PP icetime. GF20: Gelinas 3,1 Greene 2,25 Zidlicky 1,97.

Zidlicky: 161 minutes, 24 shots on goal.

Greene: 133 minutes, 21 shots on goal.

Gelinas: 94 minutes, 32 shots on goal.

Thank you!  We agree!  We're 0-12 on the PP since sending him down.  We dropped from 7th in the league to 14th.

Can anyone please tell me what they think the chances of Larsson re-signing with the team in the summer are? It seems his reward for playing well and getting injured is getting dumped into the AHL. Which must be really discouraging for him especially when the likes of Harrold get injured and then come straight back to the team and rookies like Merril are kept up ahead of him.

I'd hate to see Larsson go but I'm not sure Lou rates him as he's spending more time in the AHL now than when he was a rookie.

Can anyone please tell me what they think the chances of Larsson re-signing with the team in the summer are? It seems his reward for playing well and getting injured is getting dumped into the AHL. Which must be really discouraging for him especially when the likes of Harrold get injured and then come straight back to the team and rookies like Merril are kept up ahead of him.

I'd hate to see Larsson go but I'm not sure Lou rates him as he's spending more time in the AHL now than when he was a rookie.

he's not going anywhere and couldn't if he wanted to, he's not a UFA for a looooong time