Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
devilsrule33

2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

1,544 posts in this topic

Interesting lines with Ryder on the 4th... I would prefer jj play between carter and bernier but I guess you need someone defensively capable between teddy and Ryder.

Getting a wee bit worried with the lack of updates on Larsson. Didn't look so bad and AFAIK he hasn't skated since. 

Getting a wee bit worried with the lack of updates on Larsson. Didn't look so bad and AFAIK he hasn't skated since. 

with our glutton of D this year, every injury is gonna be milked out for a longggg time

Interesting that Merrill is in for Harrold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mayhaps, but I feel like we've seen this show before. Guy gets injured, said to be minor/day-to-day, before you know it they say he's out 2 months.

Interesting that Merrill is in for Harrold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

maybe some scouts want to check him out.....I think Lou moves a D man for some scoring help this season

maybe some scouts want to check him out.....I think Lou moves a D man for some scoring help this season

I'd be surprised if this happens... Guys like Merrill and gelinas are sort of in the grey zone when it comes to prospects... You've invested years in them and you're just about to get your answer if they're legit or not. The return you'd get probably isn't enough to warrant moving them. It's better to just hang into them.

i hope elias can spark up his line mates brunner and henrique .. i think that is the best option for those two to be with him

i hope elias can spark up his line mates brunner and henrique .. i think that is the best option for those two to be with him

henrique has been solid... Along the same lines as zajac, the points may not be there but he's been playing with some poor line mates at times.

If Brunner can't produce with Elias than I give up on him. But I hope Pete gives him a few games in that line.

I have to say, Brunner had a good game tonight.  He still makes too many mistakes, but he was definitely noticeable tonight.

henrique has been solid... Along the same lines as zajac, the points may not be there but he's been playing with some poor line mates at times.

If Brunner can't produce with Elias than I give up on him. But I hope Pete gives him a few games in that line.

henrique has been solid in general play but he hadnt burried any goals in a while before tonight

henrique has been solid in general play but he hadnt burried any goals in a while before tonight

True, but his pk work has been outstanding.  I'd love for both Zajac and Henrique to consistently score, but they're defensive work alone makes up for their lack of offense. Zajac and Henrique is like Holik and Madden.

True, but his pk work has been outstanding.  I'd love for both Zajac and Henrique to consistently score, but they're defensive work alone makes up for their lack of offense. Zajac and Henrique is like Holik and Madden.

yea but the team is depending on them to produce goals this season as there clearly arent may forwards on the team this year that are going to score a ton of goals.. we need zajac henrique elias jagr to be consistent. elias and jagr are really the only two players that are truely consistent .. brunner and ryder are clearly not dependable and the remaining forwards just arent guys that are high scoring forwards

I have to say, Brunner had a good game tonight.  He still makes too many mistakes, but he was definitely noticeable tonight.

Yeah I agree. He seemed to be building up that confidence again.

This was like a typical Canes vs. Devils game with the roles switched. Great win for these guys, and I'm really happy for Cory.

brunner is definitely better then what bes been hoping he pots one tonight or atleast snags an assist

Brunner is much better than what he's been showing.  But quite frankly Elias was brutal tonight, so the entire line was brutal.

Brunner is much better than what he's been showing.  But quite frankly Elias was brutal tonight, so the entire line was brutal.

What were you smoking that you thought Elias was brutal? Maybe if he wasn't handicapped because PDB knows he's the only who has a chance of making something out of the trash that Brunner and Ryder have been, he'd have looked better.

im starting to give up on ryder as well as brunner... i feel like they have more to offer but theyre just so useless out there.. and were stuck with both for another year after this one which sucks

What were you smoking that you thought Elias was brutal? Maybe if he wasn't handicapped because PDB knows he's the only who has a chance of making something out of the trash that Brunner and Ryder have been, he'd have looked better.

Elias was brutal last night man.  He screwed up like three different 2 on 1's.  And he just couldn't do much with the puck last night.

Elias was brutal last night man.  He screwed up like three different 2 on 1's.  And he just couldn't do much with the puck last night.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

This kind of comment is unnecessary Mike

to say Elias was brutal last night is really unnecessary

Patty didnt have his best game, but to say brutal is unnecessary

did I mention unnecessary

This kind of comment is unnecessary Mike

to say Elias was brutal last night is really unnecessary

Patty didnt have his best game, but to say brutal is unnecessary

did I mention unnecessary

Sorry.  My apologies.

Still doesn't take away that he was bad last night.

Edited by Mike Brown

I dont think Merrill is going back down either. He was the best defensmen last night. Now if Pete sticks Josefson with Elias and Ryder he maybe onto something.

Sestito up, Larsson on IR - hoping this is a one game thing but not counting on it.  God I hate seeing Sestito on the roster.

Jason:  I don't see how that happens, though I could see Volchenkov ending up a healthy scratch.

Edited by Triumph

I have a feeling Larsson will be included in a blockbuster trade.