Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
devilsrule33

2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

1,544 posts in this topic

But the idea is that you're looking for an improvement over what you have, and especially with the idea that you're trying to unload a player you may not have a use for anymore that's under contract for another year for not an insignificant amount of money.

Heatley is shooting at a better rate than Ryder and Henrique, and also Zubrus and Loktionov, all by a fairly healthy rate.  (If by shooting rate, you mean shots on goal, not shot percentage).  And that's playing on either Minnesota's third or fourth line. 

EDIT:  And, Heatley is only trailing Jagr by 11 shots, over one less more game played. 

Jagr doesn't shoot the puck a lot either.  Healtey is not an improvement over what you have because he sucks.  He is not good.  Guys like Henrique, Zubrus, and Loktionov fulfill other functions besides shooting the puck.  Heatley does not.  He is through.

I would support a trade of heatley for salvador, if only to get rid of salvador. Same goes for volch.

I am begining to hate NTC.

^^ I'm not very enthused by the idea of being a one-dimensional team like that.

I don't necessarily disagree, but as long as Pete is the coach we need to find players who fit the system instead of force feeding guys in. Even kovy never really fit, although he bought in enough to contribute to a cup final appearance.

Honestly if you are talking Heatley you might as well find wherever Sykora is hanging out and give him a jersey.

Nowhere to really put this and not thread worthy, but Tim Sestito has gone 74 games over parts of 6 seasons without ever scoring an NHL goal. He has 20 career penalty minutes. I wonder if any NHL forward, who wasn't a "tough" guy has played more games to start a career without scoring a goal. What's an amount of penalty minutes that eliminates a Cam Janssen type forward? I don't know...

For the record, it took Cam Janssen 82 games to score an NHL goal.

I don't know if we want Heatley. We have Ryder, is he that much better for 3x the price. I think we need youth and speed.

I'd much rather have Ryder than Heatley.

“I’ve always had a lot of time for Cam,” DeBoer said. “Last year, he didn’t get much of an opportunity because of injuries and, with the shortened schedule, we were in must-win games pretty early in the season. - See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/sestito_trying_to_make_most_of_latest_chance_deboer_devils_better_with_janssen_in_lineup/#sthash.W6KJWofy.dpuf

I don't expect Cam to sit, but this really speaks volumes.

Sal back at practice. GET YER POPCORN!

Edited by Marshall

See that quote pisses me off.  In my mind, a lot of these early games are must-wins if they want to be even remotely relevant come April.

And great, Salvador's return means bye bye to Merril, I'd imagine.  And I thought he looked just fine up here.  Would rather see him than Salvador.

^ Depends on how Volchenkov is doing. Even if Merrill is sent down (which he probably wont be), the style of play by Sal/Volch leads to injuries eventually. 

While I like Merrill he is not as essential to this team as Gelinas and I can live with him being in the minors until another injury pops up...which it will.

Doubt Merrill is sent down with Harrold hurt.

@TGfireandice 17m

Peter Harrold's minor lower-body injury turned out to be a non-displaced fracture in his foot. Will wear a cast for 1 week and re-evaluate.

Edited by gsnts725

Doubt Merrill is sent down with Harrold hurt.

@TGfireandice 17m

Peter Harrold's minor lower-body injury turned out to be a non-displaced fracture in his foot. Will wear a cast for 1 week and re-evaluate.

I just hope Merrill plays somewhere. If not here than send him down when sal is healed and bring up someone else to be the 7th.

We can't keep useless plugs like Janssen and Sestito in the lineup and expect to win.

Lou needs to find trading partners for 2 of our defensemen.  9 defensemen is just not gonna work, and there are several teams who could use help on their blueline.  Edmonton, New York Islanders, Ottawa, and Toronto all could use some defensive help.

Greene, Larsson, Gelinas, and Merrill can be had for big overpayments (impact players AND high draft picks).  In other words, these guys are untouchable.

Zidlicky, Fayne, and Salvador can be had for fair value (draft picks or prospects).  These are the most likely guys to be traded, and have legit trade value.

Volchenkov and Harrold can be had for free (waivers or buyout).  These guys have virtually no trade value either due to bad contracts (Volchenkov), or is just not a good hockey player (Harrold).

I'd give a leg for seeing a press conference where TG & Chere actually put him on the spot with these questions.

I'd give a leg for seeing a press conference where TG & Chere actually put him on the spot with these questions.

That's too much to give, Pete isn't worth it.

Salvador was cleared and was back on the ice today per TG. Corey in net tomorrow.

God dammit sal. If he takes anyone but volches spot I'll be livid

God dammit sal. If he takes anyone but volches spot I'll be livid

Harrold broke his foot, so I'd imaging he'd take Harrold's roster spot if Harrold is retroactively placed on IR.

There is zero reason for salvador to replace anyone on the roster, except maybe volch. I dont wanna see fayne scratched or merril sent down, or else I'll probably stop watching this season. PDB is either to stupid to see the right players to play, or to spineless to tell the vets their going to sit, I'm totally fvcking sick of it.

There is zero reason for salvador to replace anyone on the roster, except maybe volch. I dont wanna see fayne scratched or merril sent down, or else I'll probably stop watching this season. PDB is either to stupid to see the right players to play, or to spineless to tell the vets their going to sit, I'm totally fvcking sick of it.

Yeah if they send Merrill down or scratch Fayne for Sal, that'll piss me off. So I'm preparing to be pissed off because one of those two things is probably gonna happen (unless Lou swings a trade... Lmao, yeah right).