2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

It sucks to be a fan and have to sit through these lineup decisions as the points fade away, I can't imagine what the players must be thinking

I'd LOVE to know what Jagr's thinking right now.  After he publicly went to bat for Josefson, Pete gives him nine lousy minutes and then scratches him the next two games.

Most Devils fans love Gionta, as far as I can tell.  Not hard to love a guy who is 5'3" but plays hard every single shift.  

Most Devils fans who go to games love him...he got cheered heartily on his return to the lineup.  Most Devil fans on message boards have misplaced anger towards him.

I'd LOVE to know what Jagr's thinking right now.  After he publicly went to bat for Josefson, Pete gives him nine lousy minutes and then scratches him the next two games.

Most Devils fans who go to games love him...he got cheered heartily on his return to the lineup.  Most Devil fans on message boards have misplaced anger towards him.

The only misplacement of anger is that we bag on Gio when this is clearly a PDB issue. It isn't Gio's fault that he's told to go out there, he does the best that he can. The problem is PDB is a dumb fvck.

"It doesn't matter what I think".  That sound like a happy man to you?  Because it doesn't to me.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/01/travis_zajac_deals_with_devils_line_changes_better_than_jaromir_jagr.html#incart_flyout_sports

Edited by Devilsfan118

I don't think Pete listens or reads Jagr's quotes to the media. If Jagr is going into his office and saying that he needs continuity, that's one thing. But Pete shouldn't have to be finding out what Jagr wants through TG's blog. 

Personally I don't think finding the right guy on this team to play with Jagr is very easy. He's not the easiest guy to play with, and he plays outside the box of this system. You want continuity, but they stopped scoring completely with Zubrus, so it is up to Pete to find someone new. It was Josefson than Elias shortly. Not sure what Jacob did wrong, but it was a lot apparently. 

Covers the team for NJ.com. He just started recently. Used to cover the Phailures.

hmmm ok well I'll stick with TG, IMO he doesn't inject opinion into his stories nearly as much as chere or this guy. It's nice to get a different perspective but I think a lot of it is guys trying to make news where there isn't any. Edited by dmann422

hmmm ok well I'll stick with TG, IMO he doesn't inject opinion into his stories nearly as much as chere or this guy. It's nice to get a different perspective but I think a lot of it is guys trying to make news where there isn't any.

Miller is good. He's certainly better than Chere.

Miller is good. He's certainly better than Chere.

fair enough obviously I've only read one of his stories and never heard if him prior. I just don't like when an writer is trying to lead readers to a conclusion (some terrible papers are sold this way cough nypost cough) but I guess him and chere are more opinion than TG, so my problem really is that they don't necessarily label themselves that way.

Which is exactly why I never bought for a nanosecond that Lou cared about the AHL deadline. We do inane crap like this all the time when we could have just sent him down a week ago.

Merrill is still eligible to play in the AHL during the Olympics, and he was the most critical guy because he hasn't played a full pro season and he got hurt this year.  Gelinas has played full pro seasons (and played junior) and has played for most of this year, it's not really that essential that he play.

Edited by Triumph