2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't regier still gm when vanek was traded? Also I think buffalo is at least 3 years away especially if they trade miller.

I don't know and its not even relevant who the GM was at the time.  They fleeced the Islanders and Moulsen and Miller will provide alot of quality picks to build from.   Murray is an excellent talent evaluator.  I would say in two years the Sabres will be very competitive.

unfortunately, i don't think it matters who is the coach. the only way, i think anton doesn't get bought out (or moved) is if lou continues with his "i like a logjam defense" roster strategy.

that being said, there is certainly a scenario where both are here next year:

greene-larsson

gelinas-merrill

volchenkov-salvador

harrold

zidlicky and fayne are both UFA. the other 7 are not.

I don't think buying out volch would be a Lou thing to do. And the more I think about it the more I think zidlicky might be back next year (unfortunately IMO).

I don't know and its not even relevant who the GM was at the time.  They fleeced the Islanders and Moulsen and Miller will provide alot of quality picks to build from.   Murray is an excellent talent evaluator.  I would say in two years the Sabres will be very competitive.

no doubt it was a great trade, especially if the islanders fall on their face again next year and they get a top 10 pick, but a lot of that roster will have to be rehauled before they can be any sort of a cup contender.

I'm not knocking Murray but Regier deserves some credit for when the turn around happens. He's the one who completed the Vanek trade and left Murray with an excellent prospect group (ranked 3rd by Hockey Prospectus). He also got Murray another asset to trade away in Moulson. He could have left the organization a lot worse off than he did. 

Any status on Brunner and Salvador? If both are out I wonder what the lines look like tomorrow. If it's a long term thing I wonder of they bring up Larsson just go with 7 d- gelinas was pretty bad 5v5 last night and bernier can play with henrique and Elias.

Maybe just wishful thinking...

yeah Salvador was as bad as usual - made a nice block and had a good play or two, but there were several where he was just lost. Given that there was no update on his condition last night I think he'll be out a while and that means Volchenkov draws into the lineup.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/good_chance_salvador_will_play_saturday_despite_bruised_collarbone_brunner_out_with_charley_horse/

Looks like we just can't get Sal out of the lineup lol.

I knew this would happen. Brodeur starts Tuesday.

I have no clue what the fvck is going on in this organization. Just bend over Lou and Pete for Brodeur.

I feel sorry for Cory. I feel sorry for fans. I'm also fvcking pissed.

wait. what. they can't be this stupid

This is the biggest game of the year. You start who you think gives you the best chance to win.

1) If you think it is Brodeur, Lou should go out and say, we aren't trading the goalie who we think gives us the best chance to win.

2) If you want to give Brodeur the start for one final send off, I mean there better be an agreement between Brodeur, Cory, and the team he is being traded to that we are holding off on a deal because Brodeur deserves one final home game.

3) If there is no trade and Brodeur plays well, well then I imagine you keep going with Brodeur and really alienate the better goalie.

4) If there is a trade or no trade and Brodeur plays poorly, you might have punted the season.

The only good scenario is that Brodeur plays very well and gets traded right after. The rest is just a disaster.

Edited by devilsrule33

This is the biggest game of the year. You start who you think gives you the best chance to win.

1) If you think it is Brodeur, Lou should go out and say, we aren't trading the goalie who we think gives us the best chance to win.

2) If you want to give Brodeur the start for one final send off, I mean there better be an agreement between Brodeur, Cory, and the team he is being traded to that we are holding off on a deal because Brodeur deserves one final home game.

3) If there is no trade and Brodeur plays well, well then I imagine you keep going with Brodeur and really alienate the better goalie.

4) If there is a trade or no trade and Brodeur plays poorly, you might have punted the season.

The only good scenario is that Brodeur plays very well and gets traded right after. The rest is just a disaster.

5) They feel Brodeur earned another start this week and they have a back-to-back with travel this weekend so they want to use Cory in both of those instead.

If this is it for Brodeur I'm okay with it. If it is not, it's just a bad move.

It doesn't matter....there is just no God damn excuse for this. Cory played lights out for over a month and gives up four to SJ on a back to back. Let's not mention that none of the goals were on him. The poor guy gets no leeway